Operation: Mechagon quest

same. thanks blizz. I can do a questline on my allie alt but there is no way in hell I am doing that horrid rep grind nonsense AGAIN

1 Like

Kind of on topic…are they releasing heroic lfg mechagon with the patch?Anyone know?

Ignore my question,just saw this. Ty

And what makes this whole thing more confusing is that if I look at the achievement progress for The Mechagonian Threat, it shows all but the last step complete on all my characters, Horde and Alliance. I’ve only ever done any of it on this character.

TBF the rest of the questline is super quick and easy and is done before you do anything else on the island.

Oh right, I thought it was more than that. Guess I’ll start crafting supplies then.

According to this recent tweet by a Blizz dev, if the requirements are met on a Horde character then all the Alliance alt has to do before the unlock questline is to unlock the Mechagon zone so that they can access it.

1 Like

yeah, but…

Oh, and the alliance character will need to have done the mechagon intro questline (i believe), so that they can see everything on the island.

— Josh Augustine (@jaugustine) January 9, 2020

If I’m understanding that right, that doesn’t mean the entire Mechagon questline. Just the quests to unlock the zone.

1 Like

you can see for yourself now on the ptr. If you have exalted in a horde character it’s ok on a allie, but not the quest. And to complete the quest you need revered with the faction

Well…now we have conflicting information…I am pulling for the Twitter post to be correct.

I asked the CM for more clarification in that thread. Hopefully he responds.

the mechagon intro questline is a achievement that ends killing the king mechagon and you need revered to do that, to receive the quest and do it

Well, looks like I have ~3,000 rep to grind out on my afflock then. Did Exalted on my horde hunter but didn’t bother on Murg or Wyleecoyote.

since the dungeon will be availible on hc this should be removed, I see no reason for it still be locked behind a rep grind.

the vulpera quest you just do it…is it bigger? yes, but it’s there for you since the begging the expansion and there is no rep requiriment to finish it

Pretty sure it was going to be like the first allied races, where I had max Army of the Light/Argussian Reach on my Horde char, but could unlock the LFD/VEs on a level 110 Alliance DH I barely did anything with.

That’s the entire zone questline/achievement.

The intro part is just getting the island unlocked for its dailies.

The intro is ended when the Prince ends up standing by the Quartermaster and the dungeon entrance.

1 Like

I’m so confused. Do I start grinding rep on Alliance or nah? :confounded:

For now assume yes

You shouldn’t have to and the tweet implies you won’t.