Opening More Paragon Caches Increases Rank 4 Essence Drop Rate

Funny story, I happened to get an Ankoan paragon cache (probably my 2rd or 3rd) without really trying recently (haven’t really bothered grinding rep this expac). Hell, I’m still only revered with Uldum accord and Rajani. But guess what popped out of my paragon cache :grin:

I don’t have the toy though but the toy is lame anyway. Who wants to hear those stupid NPCs again lmao.

1 Like

Can we get a vendor for BoA tokens for some amount of Coalescing Visions?

Please make Battlefield Master account wide. It’s an already insane grind on just 1 character for 1 rank 4 essence.

Might as well have Mythic Azshara/N’zoth Conflict and Strife and Hertz Lockers rank 4 be account wide as well.

Any word on if this increase will also affect toys/pets from paragon caches?

I’ve been chasing the Tortollan and Proudmoore toys as a Horde main with little luck.

Great change, but I feel some of these things should be there from the release of them… for example the triumph of gnomeregan music roll from steel singer freza for the meta achievement of mechagon, released 25th june… that I’ve been daily farming since september and still can’t get to drop…9 months of leaving a toon on an island and logging in daily to wait 30 mins for it to spawn and be disappointed again is 0 levels of fun : /. I’m sure people were feeling the same about rng drops for this rank 4 essence.

Please blizz, change the redonculous grinds seen all over this (and in a fair few cases last) xpac T_T.

2 Likes

Is the change live yet?

I hope you haven’t forgotten about this Blizz…

Bumping because apparently no one else cares about rank4 essences… jeez

I wanna know if it’s live now. I can earn a paragon tonight for uldum. Will just bank rep toward 19999 until I have to turn in, while I wait for feedback on this.

I opened my 17th I think mechagon last night and nothing.

please for the love of all that is holy do this with all rare drops out of paragon chests.

I still torture myself with legion paragon chests intermittently trying to get my last mount.

2 Likes

it is to make it so you grind

This. Or stop putting rare drops in the chests. It’s maddening.

5 Likes

Change is live with june 17 hotfix. So no need to wait for blue post unless something is wrong.

Whats worse, is that in the 2v2 the ladder is deflated because pros and really high xp players tank it to farm Echoes, so the problem becomes way bigger.

I don’t know why anyone expected anything good here. So the 1% chance goes up by 0.01% per paragon level/chest opened. Still little to no chance of getting them. Unless the +% is like 5-10% per chest this is a waste of some programmer’s time.

I know that this may sound like a bit unnecessary for a bookended discussion but I just thought of something. I have been getting way more rank 4s after this change (thank you blizz), with only 3 paragon rank 4s missing (rajani: holy; rustbolt: holy, prot). I earned 3/9 out of paragon rank 4s before this change, and 3 after the hotfix. Before this hotfix, I calculated for a few reputations that there was ~8% chance (50 trials on PTR) on a rank 4 dropping. Pets and other items are independent rolls. Additionally what I have determined is that loot spec has no impact on what rank 4 you will get, at least so far if you had earned that loot spec’s rank 4. Meaning, if you have the dps rank 4, then if you are eligible for another you will have a random chance at the tank or healer if they are left. Since this change I have “gaming” my chances to determine the degree of change from the prior box earned with no rank 4. At times it appears as if there is around 10% increase each time, yet other times less for other boxes. Like for example on one experiment I noticed there was a 60% chance at a rank 4 for rustbolt (doesn’t matter which one). I understand RNG is RNG but that is bit high to miss. Which leads me to my real question.

I am not sure if anyone has asked this. But instead of there being a separate bad luck protection on each paragon, is there is instead a “collective/comprehensive” bad luck protection? Meaning that instead of counting how many rustbolt boxes I have opened in the past, the bad luck protection collectively amasses how many boxes I have earned so far, after which it resets. Much like how bad luck protection on legendaries worked in Legion? I can be entirely wrong with this though.

I will continue doing the remaining reps to earn all alt spec rank 4s for completionism sake, but I just want know if said collective chance exists so that I can know which box to “open first”. In this situation, it would be rajani. I have tons of keys to run, and not a lot of content left in that zone besides 2 mounts from mogu. Getting the rank 4 would free me up to change my contract to rustbolt, and try to chain out 8.3 invasions on alts. Looking at the expected launch time, I do have quite a bit of time after having earned so many in this past month. Cross off all the checkboxes before it is possibly removed.

Overall, I am very very happy with this change blizz. I’ve gotten 3 rank 4s after the change (and only 1 about 10 days before it). So I’ve been gaining loads of progress in this area! Still doing my best to finish up 15s, and raiding with a community for mythic azshara. Still gotta do those visions for sockets/echoes for vers3 corruptions for pvp.

Lastly, and I’ve said in other threads/posts. I hope that y’all implement an account-wide ability transmog system allowing for rank 4s to be used as cosmetic replacements for spells that use the same animations (basically like green fire). So purification protocol replacing solar beam. Unbound force replacing arcane missile animation. Crucible of flame going over pyroblast/chaos bolt. Y’all are already giving us so many character specific transmog options I can see rank 4s taking that to the next level.

With [UPDATED AUG. 18] Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth being posted, could we have some Quality-of-Life changes for the Mythic Azshara fight?

My suggestions:

1. Increase the amount of Rank 4 dropped in each kill (from 2 overall to maybe 1 to each raid member);
  2. Make the lockout for old Mythic Raids be character specific (like Heroic), rather than instance specific;
  3. Similarly to Mythic Jaina, add a skip to Azshara from the start or from Ashvane (since those two are the most wanted bosses in the raid).

eventually, all rank 4 essences will be gone when pre-patch hit (2 weeks later iguess) and still someone complained they keep grinding missing rank 4 protocol!!

Imagine replying to a 2 month old thread

Blizzard likes it