Open Letter to Blizzard from a Mistweaver

Blizzard, You failed us. Your balancing is terrible. I am an 11/12 mythic raider, and I am one of your victims because of your balance. My guild decides to bench me for our cutting edge progression over other “META” healer despite being one of the raiders with the best attendance.

I admit that I am not the top 10% skilled mistweaver, but I always tried my best. I am only 50% average mythic score for the mythic raid. I am never top heal in my guild as the holy pally(Which is the most OP with crazy HPS and DPS) and priest is always doing 20k HPS s higher than me despite having higher parse. By explaining that it due to balancing issue by blizzard as looking at wowlog data, only less than 20 mistweaver make it into top 1000 HPS record for the last three boss, (3 for illgy,17 for carapace, 2 for nzoth excluding all nerfed haste monk build)
I got insulted and asked to learn my class. I decide to quit the guild and cancel my subscription.

I believe many other Monk that like Mistweaving like me is suffering the same fates as me as long as you do not want to balance the HPS(Just go check out monk forum). Yes, Mistweaver is perfect in M+ and PVP (Maybe even overpowered), but I DO NOT PVP and only have time to clear M+ once per week, but we should not be punished with a 20k lower HPS in average compare to all other class.

To all new mistweaver player, We had no raid utility, HPS you will never find a competitive guild at this state. Blizzard failed us.

You don’t have one of these “META” healers yourself? I find it odd how so many Mythic Raiding Guilds ask that you play more than one class and yet Mythic Raiders are so often the first people to come to forums whining about how they’ve been benched in favor of statistically better classes.

Here is a thought. Maybe if you did the one thing many guilds ask of players of your caliber to do you wouldn’t be sitting on a bench right now.

Just a look at your profile, you’ve logged at least 11 weeks worth of raiding in Nyalotha. That’s 11 weeks plus additional time worth of preparation before the patch even dropped to figure out your situation. How did you not know the situation of monk prior to the drop of 8.3? And again, how did you not have some backup class to play as is expected by many CE hopeful guilds?

Your situation is completely your fault, and is inexcusable.

1 Like

You were benched because you were failing mechanics and couldn’t keep up with the rest of the raid. Blame the player not the class.

2 Likes

So… your argument is, Blizzard nerfs your FOTM healing spec and because of them nerfing your class, you got insulted and asked to learn how to play by your guild? And then you quit and canceled your subscription?

Exactly how is this Blizzard’s fault again? Attendance is 20% of progression raiding. Mechanics, preparation, and contribution make up a majority of it. This is you not taking responsibility for things you can control and/or prepare for. It’s also on your guild for treating their members that way, but at the same time… if your attitude with them is anything like the attitude you have now, I don’t know if they’re to blame either.

I agree MW is definitely not as good as Hpally or Resto shaman for raids but pretty sure if you have been clearing 11/12M and your guild needs another Hpally or something different they would have carried you through M+ and Mythic for gear. Should definitely have taken advantage of the guild