Oof r.i.p Devouring plague

Damage is still fine but just like that they removed its healing. Ouch is it even really devouring plague anymore? Unless they just suck at wording and didnt mean to put 0% instead of 50

5 Likes

They removed the passive healing of DP and even VT… so now we have no healing outside of cds or casting shadowmend, and still don’t have a slow effect out of mindflay so we could actually run away from meeles… we are going to die really fast…

And they increased mindflays channel time :}. and minorly buffed our dots. They literally killed the whole vampiric nature of spriest with that. Kinda lame tbh. As well nerfed sanity generation

The praise for the shadow changes to VoidForm is now gone and maybe back to worse than it was before.

Oh no, Voidform was awful. If I have to trade surviability to get rid of that garbage I’ll still make that deal

15 Likes

In 9.0 prepatch Devouring Plague now heals for 0% and Vampiric Touch also heals for 0%. So you’ve completely destroyed Shadow Priest healing because… ? That’s been a key part of the class fantasy, not to mention survivability, of the spec since WoW began. So Shadow Priests are just weird, sad mages now?

What on Earth is this?

8 Likes

Kind of makes sense to remove the healing from one of the dots, not sure if it was needed for both… But I mean let’s wait and see how things turn out, they are clearly still working stuff out, I don’t think there’s much reason to panic.

This was a very good change, it makes the channel time a multiple of the GCD which should smooth the rotation even more.

Imagine doing 1 step forward 13 steps back in blizzards eyes. All devouring needed was some damage tuning by like 15 % or some sanity nerfs to prevent ti from, having 100% uptime. They didnt need to completely remove healing. literally killing any previous expans vampiric nature of spriests. AND THEN stuff like this. Mindgames debilitates enemies when it ends, interrupting and silencing them for 5 sec. While silenced, the target takes 100% more damage. Instant. I hope to god thats something torghast related and not actually in game mechanic because what point is any other spec than venthyr?

2 Likes

But DH’s keep some of their passive leech in addition to everything else… :expressionless:

4 Likes

Pvp wise thats a terrible change but then again they never actually think about pvp. It literally kills any chance of us using mind trauma now. Alot of our pvp talents are useless now.

3 Likes

Yeah, they probably haven’t gotten the PvP side right yet… I mean they just added a massive rework to the spec, kind of to be expected to have some issues and PvP talents that will need adjustment, as well as do other things like Legendaries…

If you have PvP feedback to give and concerns that’s all good it would probably be a great help for the spec and the devs if you give some detailed constructive feedback about it.

Edit: There’s also a good chance that there’s still healing there, it’s not unusual to have weird stuff on the tooltips sometimes, or data-mining errors even.

1 Like

[Devouring Plague] Afflicts the target with a disease that instantly causes (150%125% of Spell power) Shadow damage plus an additional 4 Shadow damage over 6 sec. Heals you for 50%0% of damage dealt.

I’m confused, why would the last bit of string state… “Heals you for 0% of damage dealt.” if the healing is truly removed… that entire string should have been removed, not just the change from 50% to 0%. To me, that just seems like a number thing as many times you see 0% but in reality it was something completely different. IF they truly removed the healing aspect, then it should read like this…

[Devouring Plague] Afflicts the target with a disease that instantly causes (150%125% of Spell power) Shadow damage plus an additional 4 Shadow damage over 6 sec.

Or like this…

[Devouring Plague] Afflicts the target with a disease that instantly causes (150%125% of Spell power) Shadow damage plus an additional 4 Shadow damage over 6 sec. Heals you for 50% of damage dealt.

10 Likes

They also removed the heal off of VT, i hope both were a mistake.

These could be misinterpretations of datamined text. Or errors in the text itself. keep in mind a lot of datamined things don’t make it into the game.

We won’t know until the changes actually happen so I wouldn’t go overboard with hate just yet.

3 Likes

im not going to comment on this until i can actually see the ingame tooltip.

1 Like

If they are actually going ahead with the self heal nerfs I wouldn’t be surprised to see them come back as pvp talents. One of blizz favourite things to do is to take away and give something [edited] back lol.

[Edited for language - Blizz]

1 Like

One can hope. im completely fine with the damage changes. IM 100% for it. devouring did 2 much. Shadow word death did 2. What im not fine with is the healing removal and mind flay change.

1 Like

PTR is up and sure enough in game it really is 0%

That’s rather disappointing. I’m going on the side there was either…

An error, a mistake, or oversight made here. Or they may want to try and appeal to the talent rows that give vampiric tuning to spells.

The healing was not removed guys, chill.

They often move data into different cells, which causes datamining to reference a blank cell, which was previously the healing variable, and is now blank.

Whenever you see a description say, “Heals you for 0% of damage dealt.”
It’s an issue with the datamining.

If they had actually removed the healing, it wouldn’t tell you that it doesn’t heal you. They would remove the text too.

9 Likes