One Year Promo Subscription Cancelled after updating credit card

I bought the 1 year sub on my CC bout 3 weeks ago, and now my CC has expired.

I went in and updated my credit card, and it asked if I wanted to update the CC on my main sub, im like sure, whatever, its the same # just a different code.

I click the button, the link it takes me too is completely borked, doesn’t work. Keep getting 404’s, im like whatever and delete the other CC.

I then get an email saying that I have cancelled my 1 year subscription to WoW.

Turns out from Customer Support, they say if you change your CC, it auto cancels your subscription.

This article mentions NOTHING of that, and there was no indication of this on the UI, frankly, its crazy.

But the subscription was a promo, so I can’t even re-add it to my account and neither can CS.

AND, if I wanted to add a 6 month sub, I would need to pay AGAIN, even though I have 13 months of game time left.

Just unbelievable, it was the only reason I even spent money on the 1 year sub in the first place, and its gone and wasted, and I will need to spend more to even get back the 6 month rewards.

1 Like

This is correct, I mentioned this in a similar post some days ago as likely due to payment processor compliance laws (PCI DSS: Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). The less people having access to sensitive information such as credit card data, the better for both company and consumer alike. CS having no ability to help is intentional to protect all parties, I like to think.

Seeing that the option for us as consumers to manually change our subscription’s payment method is currently not working at this time, however, it is an unfortunate overlap of the situation, and is probably more worthy of a support site bug report.

4 Likes

Considering the original article was created two years ago, well before the 12 month sub promotions, and the fact that it’s a known issue, blizzards failure to highlight the situation is a bit shady.