One small problem people dont mention about beta/shadowlands

Ive been watching a few streamers play beta, and a lot of them say it looks good and feels good, but they are forgetting one thing… you wont be able to switch covenant so easy on the real version of SL… right? isnt it like a 7 day cooldown or something?

I notice a lot of them r constantly changing their covenants, well you cant do that in reality can you? I think the 7 day cooldown thing is a big big mistake, i dont know why blizzard is so against character customization. Damn this is gonna suck for those people who choose a covenant and regret it / want to change

Cov swapping takes 2 weeks.
Soulbind respecing has a 1 week cooldown.

1 Like

^
Most of them are changing convenants to test and try others out because it’s beta. Not because they need to for a specific dungeon or arena.

4 Likes

There’s definitely going to be instances where you are going to WISH you could swap for a specific dungeon or arena… but you’re not going to be able to so you’re just going to have to eat the counter pick.

2 Likes

yea probably for most specs. i just cant see someone on beta being like “wow this is awesome” purely because they can swap covenants

3 Likes

damn thats really not cool imo. =(

yeah i know but it sure is gonna be less awesome when they find out theyre basically stuck with that covenant and that character customization isnt so good in the real version of SL

This will only be a big issue if a lot of players from a class go one Covenant just to have it nerfed afterwards

Sweating Jordan Peele face looking at Necrolord/Bonespike

That to me is the most funny because they’ve nerfed bone spike like 8 times without realizing that the reason no one is switching is because they haven’t buffed the others to the point where people will consider them an alternative lol.

Blizzard: Why are you guys always picking bonespike? Why won’t you even consider a literally piece of garbage instead?

2 Likes

Also covenant swapping is really fast. Swapping back to a covenant you already swapped from takes 2 weeklies. So you can start one Tuesday and finish the next Tuesday (8 days) or u can start Monday and finish the next day (2 days).

3 Likes

No, there is a plethora of issues, one of the biggest issue I have with this that a lot of people don’t realize is segregation of content.

For me as a DK if I decide to go PvE route I can’t do PvP without gimping myself, and I am sure there are other classes having the same issue. This will prevent players from getting into certain content, and that is in my opinion a big no-no.

2 Likes

This is really largely irrelevant. It takes planning, and you still cant’ swap “at will”.

If I can’t swap at least 3 times a day, it’s not a good system.

It’s tied to a weekly quest isn’t it? So potentially you could swap it / do the quest on Monday and have the weekly reset on Tuesday morning? That would be a 1 day wait if you are timing it that way :yum:

Only if you did it on Tuesday would it be a full 7 day wait. Or if you swapped, and then decided you wanted to swap back.

Yikes. At least rogue covenant is best for all content.

Have they started doing balance passes and tuning all the numbers?

Or, are they waiting because they’re still working on abilities/conduits/etc.?

I mean… they are still in the wild buffing / nerfing phase, talking 1000% increases in some legos etc. They haven’t started fine tuning.

Also, most conduits and half the cov abilities weren’t working correctly for raid and pvp testing so who the heck knows what their balance is like?

I wasn’t defending it. I was stating how it works and giving the timeframe.

idk I personally like the reasoning why covenants should be locked in a bit, feels very D&D to me

The first covenant swap is free too. Slands will be fine, it feels good to have choices that actually matter. We already have way too many “loadout” choices.

What I want to know is how a hunter 1 shot 2.5 players (the players being TM, would have been 3 players but Absterege had PS up). I saw that happen to Bajeerah’s team also. What’s going on there. I want to 1 shot entire teams.

Yeah I haven’t really had a real reason to change talents all xpac for anything as a WW.
This is the one thing I like about no ripcord of the covenants is the D&D feel of saying I am more than just the basic class.