One Shots in PVP

This is no joke. Shadow priests and warlocks with gear are going to barely touch you and you’ll melt, warriors with gear will simply delete you in the amount of time it takes to sneeze

Spell batch abusing elemental shamans have been the closest thing to one shotting me.

1 Like

I cant imagine having only 3k hp, brrr thats like being a mage that cant iceblock.

Rogue or warrior one shot you?

It takes a lot for a rogue or warrior.

Look at combat log.

You probably had shaman taken away your buffs, a few dots, maybe a instant cast from caster and rogue or warrior hit u.

I’ve only one shotted clothies if I get a lucky WF+crusader proc. Otherwise I can finish them off with a frost shock. These clothies are either fresh 60s or low ranked alliance players without any high stamina gear.

I’m imagining a resto or balance druid in terrible gear would be around 3K. IDK, haven’t played druid since cata.

Stamina is like the number 1 pvp stat besides power stats.

But as a druid you probably would have a hard time until you get pvp set for feral, druids are like hybrids you have to play them differently besides feral weapons don’t really come out until nightmare dragon and or AQ.

Are You wearing pve bis or actual pvp gear with high stam?

Thorns was a 10 minute buff with no cooldown throughout all of TBC and Wrath.

How, exactly, did the rogue you remember “stop attacking during Thorns” and yet not be AFK?

3 Likes

People are better at globaling. Shaman can global consistently with lb, cl, shock who all hit at the same time for 2k+.

Same for many other classes, people know the tricks now.

2 Likes

5k aim shots and 2.4k raptor strikes from Hunters
4-5k Mortal Strikes 2k auto attacks

and you only got 5.5k to 6.5k hp on the high end for hunters and Warlocks. good times.

People aint pvping in a womble mix of int,str,agi and spirit gear.

I have basically no int gear at all,it’s all focussed on AP and Crit which makes those one shots alot more certain when I pop off.

People just know how to gear their characters.

Mortal Strike + Auto attack crit is usually 3k+ on anything leather and cloth
Mortal Strike + Auto attack + Sword Spec is usually 4k+
Mortal Strike + Auto attack + Sword Spec + HoJ should be 5k+

however i have never seen anyone actually get the HoJ hit or Sword spec proc in the last scenario as youll see the blue hoJ graphic but it will not register dmg as they are already dead, this has happened a few times especially in AV where you can drop that 10% dmg standard.

It’s because now everyone knows how to properly gear and it’s basically causing a lot of front ending. You can definitely boost your survivability by not wearing all your bis raid gear and instead getting gear with stam/resistances on it, but you’ll still get hit like a train by people who ARE wearing bis raid gear. Everyone is basically glass. Just various forms of glass.

1 Like

People who follow the PvE meta nonsense will get their clocks cleaned in PvP.

Stam and mitigation/avoidance help quite a bit in PvP!

At level 56, I had a lucky hit on a mage in AV. Within a global, I knocked off at least 2.2k health (had vengeance… White crit, command crit and judgement crit while he was stunned.)

I can’t wait until I hit 60 and have gear!

hate to be the bearer of bad news but you’ve almost hit your burst ceiling till AQ/Naxx.Damage values for most people won’t really increase till late BWL.

Going from his level 56 weapon to The Unstoppable Force will be a huge damage spike. Not sure what world you’re living in where a level 56 in leveling gear does the same damage as a decently geared 60.

1 Like

its because every tom dick and harry in this game RN is either full bis or almost full bis

its exactly reports like this that flood out good reports and why blizz just dont respond to any of them

1 Like

twig to Unstoppable force is like 70 weapon dmg.

The issue with Paladins is they have linear scaling due to vengeance (warriors analogue enrage) but they do not have exponential scaling due not having an impale type talent.

on top of that there burst window does not scale like a Warrior, Warriors (as you know) gain more rage from crits, which gives them more access to there other dmg abilities, but for a Ret Paladin they have no crit modifier like Warriors Impale AND they also have no way to garauntee an SoC equivalent attack like a Warrior can garauntee a MS/WW from additional rage gained from crit/hoj/Sword spec.

What actually becomes more noticeable for a Ret Paladin is the amount of hits they can take as they get better gear more so than the size of there swings unless some ungodly weapon upgrade is achieved twig to HoR is noticeable.

1 Like