One of the only times the Alliance was written correctly

Is the situation with Edwin Vancleef and the Defias Brotherhood. There’s not enough skeletons in the closet of the Alliance, and the Horde is made to be too evil these days by comparison, on purpose.

It’s time to stain the shining armor, for once since all the way back in Legion, and even then Genn was doing something considered right as Sylvanas was enslaving a light entity.

Edit: Check the likes to the post below this one. Only two of those 35 likes are a Horde character. This thread devolves later on as well into nothing but nastiness. You’ve been warned. Welcome to bias town.

11 Likes

They aren’t made to be evil, they are evil. They’ve been evil from their inception.

62 Likes

This is what I’m talking about. There are people that actually have come to be convinced this.

24 Likes

God I cannot believe people are still repeating this childish crap, yes we all know Alliance is bad as if its some sort of epiphany.

3 Likes

I wish to understand what’s childish about pointing out the fact that they’re constantly making the Warchief the main villain of the expansion.

1 Like

How about you chose the more renegade type of faction, so just enjoy being the “Bad guy” because I would argue that is more fun than the latter.

1 Like

Is this your highest level horde alt?

Looking at your post history, you seem to be 100% biased.

10 Likes

What you don’t think the Horde is fun? Maybe you should play Alliance if you want to be the “good guys”.

4 Likes

You seem to have dodged my question and continued your biased statements, which seem to be self-serving in that you want to enjoy your faction more at the cost of the integrity of ours.

Nobody forget how we began as Thrall’s Horde.

17 Likes

The great thing about that is how it tied into the Onyxia storyline. One of my biggest disappointments about the cata revamp was Westfall and after all this time, the Alliance never bothered to pay them, or so it seemed.

3 Likes

Nobody likes night elves. That is why the rest of the alliance didn’t help you even though they have space ships with death canons.

1 Like

Eh. It is what it is.

1 Like

The leadership of the Alliance are too noble-hearted to do much wrong, and the structure of the Alliance itself (especially with its leadership constantly being on the front lines) means that there’s not much room for it to do wrong. There’s a brief taste of it in Vol’dun with the extermination squads but its completely detached from the Alliance story, there’s no reference to it from the Alliance point of view and it pretty much only exists to give the Horde some moral high ground.

With how overwhelmingly pure the leadership of the alliance is and how directly they manage its every action, drama would have to come from political intrigue and Blizzard’s writers are nowhere near equipped to write anything with depth or complexity. The only other answer is, aside from rewriting the faction leaders, is to stop having them always leading the charge into battle. Instead leading from their throne rooms, with subordinates (and their subordinates’ subordinates, etc) forming a rift between the ideals of the leaders and what actually happens on the battlefield. The Alliance could actually start doing morally questionable things for once because there’d be room to write in more jerks leading the forces while maintaining the overall goody-two-shoes aesthetic desired for the alliance

21 Likes

this

10cha

8 Likes

I think a good step would be the integration of the remnants of the Scarlet Crusade.

“That’s the last of the soldiers, we’ll be sending out farmers next” -Genn

They seem to be in demand. Maiev is also a candidate for some possible futures.

1 Like

Convinced of the truth? Well yeah.

8 Likes

Why do the horde always try to convince others they’re not evil? You picked to play the evil faction just embrace it. If you want to play a good guy create an alliance toon. I wanted to play an evil character so I created a blood elf.

10 Likes

Warcraft 3 and its theme is the basis WoW was founded on.

Also, Baine simply existing just proves your whole everything wrong. And Lor’themar agreeing with Baine… And the sunwell… And my eyes are literally gold. Yeah, I’m so evil. Night warrior.

7 Likes

I do wish blizzard would show more of the bad sides of the Alliance, I think that it would make for more of interesting story right now they seem too stale.

Who knows maybe Tyrande will shake things up.

13 Likes

The Horde is evil and the Alliance is good…

Now you may not like being part of a faction that’s more evil than sin itself, but that is the choice you made when you signed up!

4 Likes