OMG it finally happened. The most important question in wow was finally asked

Neither of those raids comes anywhere close to the hour+ it takes just to get to Garrosh.

Although I don’t disagree with adding skips. We just need to prioritize the bad raids first.

Dragon Soul could use a skip too, unless the Spine mechanic gets nerfed at some point (doubtful lulz).

Although you’re right and (now that I read it) it’s obvious, I’ll be honest: I didn’t even think of that.

What I was referring to was that Blizz will make X-45 easier but not Tusks … because Tusks is a LORE item. I think they handle Tusks with an entirely different set of dust-free gloves because Tusks have actual MEANING to the game.

X-45 is just a locker-room joke to point and snicker.

Tusks are tied to the history of the game.

That’s two different things.

Going to wave my noob card…

What lore?

There is a pivotal sequence in WC3 (the old RTS) where Thrall and Grom Hellscream face Mannoroth. They’re losing, BADLY, when Grom sacrifices himself to land the killing blow against Mannoroth. By killing Mannoroth, he frees the Orcs from their enslavement to the demons.

There is a statue in Orgrimmar that Thrall put there.

In Vanilla WoW, you can go to Ashenvale and ACTUALLY VISIT THE PLACE WHERE IT HAPPENED in WC3!! I remember just accidentally finding it in Vanilla and… it literally gave me chills. It was AMAZING!! There is a shrine there, as well.

There is a holiday event that tasks you to go to that Shrine and light a candle. I forget which one it is.

And then in BC, when you go to Nagrand, there is a quest chain in Garadar that will have like a highlight reel and replay that fight from WC3. It’s REALLY cool!

As for the Tusks themselves, Grom’s son, Garrosh, took the Tusks as his own and wore them as his shoulder armor. All through WoW up to MoP you can see Garrosh wearing the Tusks of Mannoroth.

For ME… it is the most MASSIVE piece of Warcraft lore that a player can ACTUALLY WEAR. And as an ORC … WARRIOR??? Get out of here!! If and when the day comes they finally drop, I will never wear another piece of armor again.

4 Likes

Still looking for those BFA skips where those raids are locked behind zones that need to be unlocked through story line.

Did Crendor ask about zombie dragons tho?

1 Like

I didn’t know WoWCrendor still made content.

If you take an hour to clear siege, I’m worried.

Forget SoO skips. Give me Dragon Soul skips. I hate having to solo that place for mounts.

So much waiting around.

It’s settled. Blizz needs to give us an SoO and DS skip and #Wowsaved!

2 Likes

You’re kidding right?

How long do you think a full clear of Siege takes?

I can’t remember how long it takes but an hour sounds right.

So
Much
Talking

1 Like

There should be ways to skip certain things when farming old raids. If we can’t skip bosses or waves of trash mobs (meaning no mass pulling) then at least let us skip the story bits. I LIKE story but the talking before and after Ultraxion, and beginning of air ship, and beginning of Madness, gets realllly old the eight trillionth time.

2 Likes

I read the forums. You are constantly posting rude comments about other people. It’s not me, other people are talking about you too.

So little self-awareness.

You started a thread, wasn’t it in BfA, where you said YOU were keeping a database of everyone who said they were leaving. You were going to regularly check every one of these people to see if they had left. And you told us anybody who hadn’t left, or who eventually came back, was going to be outed on the forums by name.

Maybe you should talk to your parents about this obsession with a videogame and its players you have.

My parents lived a long life and are now both dead.

2 Likes

This is such a tone-deaf response. From the “Council”, no less.

For one thing, are we really here to quibble about whether it takes 45, 48.5, or a full 60 minutes?? IT TAKES ENTIRELY TOO LONG!!

For another, which has been mentioned at least three times in this thread already, how long it takes for JUST ONE RUN isn’t the point. The point is that to have any practical chance at getting Tusks, you will need to run it on 20-30+ alts.

So your pfffft attitude of “it’s JUST an hour” is actually a full time job of 30+ hours. And you still are facing YEARS of having to farm for this item.

Look me in the face and tell me farming an item 30 hours a week for THREE OR MORE YEARS … is “no big deal.”

Seriously??

1. I am entitled to opinions, stop acting like because I’m on the CC I am not.
  2. Next time, look at who the reply is towards. The person I replied to said the skips I mentioned aren’t as important because Siege takes an hour - and I was saying that it does not. I have never spent an hour clearing siege, like ever. All skips are important, no less than others.
  3. I love how you assume I am not also farming things that take a long time. I have done Molten Core on multiple toons for a very long time trying to get Sulfuras. It’s the last one I need to have every pre-SL Legendary. And I don’t know if you’d done Molten Core lately, but it takes a significant amount of time to clear due to the criss-crossing you have to do. Not as long as Siege, but still a long time. On top of this, as a pet collector, I cleared Siege a lot, like, a lot a lot, to get Kovok. So I’m well aware of how long it takes to clear - which is why I said it doesn’t take an hour.

Also, maybe you should take note that I posted this thread in the CC forums a month ago, which also includes a suggestion for a Siege Skip.

So maybe, instead of attacking me for responding to a response to me (which is ridiculous, even for you Brock), someone who has posted about wanting all relevant raid skips, you should be realizing there’s CC members actively against adding skips in old raids? (Read the thread replies). But don’t attack them. They are just as entitled to an opinion as you or I.

1 Like

and many of us don’t like blizz sihlls but we have to put up with you…so seems fair

For the shoulders you guys can still use the instance save method in Heroic difficulty.

Then you’re just dealing with 5 minutes of Garrosh RP.

1 Like

I never said otherwise. I just find this particular opinion of yours to be tone-deaf. Both things can be true.

Then you’re doing two things: ONE, I addressed this-- you’re being pedantic. It may not take SIXTY minutes, but it damn sure takes 45+. And TWO: Even if it takes “JUST” 45mins, it’s the fact you have to run 30 or more chrs is where these slight time differences that you’re ignoring add up in massive amounts.

Where did I say that?

I think “attacking” is a little dramatic, considering all I said was your reply was tone-deaf. And it doesn’t matter WHO you are responding to, it’s still your opinion you are voicing. Which you have just proven here by reiterating it 2-3 times.

Everything is fine, you’re just wayyyy too stuck on the fact that running SoO might take (sic) 51 mins, and you seem REALLY REALLY intent on standing some high ground that “THAT’S NOT AN HOUR!!!11111”

My goodness man, it’s CLOSE ENOUGH, and by comparison to any other CURRENT raid, it IS an hour. Especially when you then have to run it THIRTY MORE TIMES. FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS.

Ima be real with yall.

Everytime you start a post with a youtuber video i immediately disregard your entire post.

lmao.