Omega pvp gearing changes

Well done forum goers.

“ * We’re going to use the rating requirements that were originally introduced with The Burning Crusade’s 3rd season, which requires a rating of 2000 for shoulders and 1850 for weapons.

• The rest of the gear will have no rating requirements.”

And THANK YOU so much blizzard for listening to your customers.

Please, please, please, please, please do something about retail pvp arena gearing. The jump in ilvl of rewards from the lowest bracket to the highest bracket is far too large. Everything you said about why you’re changing TBC arena gearing can be applied to retail!

11 Likes

Added link so people know its legit.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/beta-arena-rating-update-may-15/964984

2 Likes

Lol get out of here

People still play retail???

3 Likes

OMG. roflmao. I was waiting to see who the first one would be to say this. They did the same thing with the clone cost. set the price at $35 and then they will thank you when u lower it to 15.

If they corrected the mistake of not having the season 3 solution in by making the season 3 solution for seasons 1 and 2, players would have never stoppped whining. So instead,
Lower the rating to 0. put a price on everything, then when they lower it to what it was in season 3, they will thank you. hahahahahaha.

3 Likes

Blizzard 100% planned to drop the ratings so the majority of players would thank them rather than continue to argue that there shouldn’t be ratings requirements at all.

2 Likes

Even I recently called it quits

1 Like

Even you??? YOU??? no way, not YOU!!! its over now, i mean if EVEN YOU, called it quits.

You think blizzard made a bad change just to fix it to get thanked? I mean with the price change with the copy that makes sense, but you honestly believe they just felt like adding in a change to get thanked for no reason? Lol

Yup, I had hoped retail could be redeemed but; it’s over… that game is done

2 Likes

let me guess. The cash shop that has been there for 15 years is what made you just now quit.

1 Like

…yes, actually. They wanted to limit gearing (something they’ve done a lot over the more recent years), which is why they did this. In early TBC there were glaring holes in the gearing paths (especially for weapons), and S1 helped that a lot. So they decided to try and gate this. And the way they get the playerbase to accept it is by putting an absurd rating in to start with only to lower it later.

Just like with the clone.

1 Like

Actually no, it’s the lack of care for the game by the developers and the crazy number of bugs that have yet to be fixed. They straight up don’t care.

Least the classic team still has some passion.

2 Likes

That’s quite the tinfoil hat theory you got there. At least it’s an entertaining one lol.

They seem to, but I am genuinely concerned that they are being usurped and overruled as the profit potential of Classic has been shown. I have no misconceptions that they didn’t intend to put forth the cash shop.

It’s… like, pretty basic marketing strategy.

At companies like blizzard (I have worked for similar; not blizzard) it’s more a push from Uber high up bean counters that trickles into everything that in turn is unsaid but takes the effect of “if you like your job you will do X,Y and Z.

Sure, if the topic was them making money. Them attempting to balance an old system isn’t really raking them in anymore money like the clone is lol.

I mean listen to yourself. You think blizzard wanted to make a system to mess over players but didn’t want them to be mad for… reasons? So they make a super bad change so they can then come in and make a not so bad change. When at the start the ‘change’ they just recently made is really not that bad at all.

Yeah bud you’re totally not sitting in a padded room lol

They’re not trying to balance it, though. That’s not at all the intention, or they’d be making class changes that would alter the actual balance of Arena. They’re simply trying to sell the players on a change designed to limit gearing - and they’re using words like, “prestige” to sweeten the deal.

Blizzard absolutely utilizes making changes to systems that don’t benefit players in order to either make it easier on themselves or artificially prolong content. This has been a thing for years.

Intentionally going overboard and making a negative decision only to roll it back based on, “feedback” to a still bad decision but not as bad in order to get general acceptance is pretty common. Just look at all the players thanking them for, “listening”.

How new are you? Honest question.

1 Like

Just unsub, nobody cares. The best part of TBC was the final patch for PvP causing server wide battles on the Isle of Dailies.

Stay mad, I’ll be having fun disturbing the peace and never letting the war end.

Yep. This is much better than the original proposed changes. It’s not ideal, imo, but it’s absolutely tolerable.

In my opinion gear should have absolutely no rating requirement. Those who have a higher rating should acquire their gear at a much higher rate as compensation in addition to title/mount/cosmetic rewards. I’m of the opinion that pvp gear should not be gated by skill or time only but a negative feedback system between the two variables. As skill goes up the time to acquire gear goes down either linearly or exponentially (idk which would be better in this case it’s off the top of my head) and vice versa.

Cheers.