Old Vanilla Flavour + a dash of Dragonblight

Classic can’t come soon enough, but yeah, I’ll be there. Infinitely more so, if Koushi’s going to be there - between 21-30 WSG to a brief stint at 59 and the many, many encounters in AV. My friend Sophytia, Paladin, will also be making a return for sure. Here’s to hoping for Dramablight 2.

Also, some people have signed up at places like VanillaFriends , both Alliance and Horde. It’s one of a few websites floating around that exist to help people reconnect.

21-30 was fun times, before 19’s and the twink mentality took over the bottom brackets. I can’t say I have any interest in 19’s or 29’s and dealing with people who think Naxx enchanted potion chugging bomb tosser 19’s are the pinnacle of PvP.

What faction though? I’ve entertained the thought of rolling alliance this time, but I’m not sure I can do it. The times I’ve played WSG on the alliance side, I’ve had this bad habit of running towards the horde base with the flag after pulling off a complicated escape. It sounds like CRBGs are in from the start this time and I don’t want to play with randos I will never see again from other servers either. That was awful.

I’m not actually sure what bracket I’ll settle down in. It seems like they might not have lvl 58 PvP gear. While I don’t need it and still like 50’s, I’m not sure how populated it will be. Druid seems to ridiculously strong in 30’s for my kind of play style with the lack of mounts. 40’s works for me. Maybe I’ll actually ding 60 this time, but I can’t say I’m looking forward to the time commitment to gear up. I just want to run free.

If release was today, Alliance again. But I’ll change my mind at least 30 times between now and release I’m sure. Who knows, I could cave in and main a horde healer like I have been for the last few expansions. Really though, it all depends on their final decision on servers. If I can’t have the home turf, I’ll probably default to some RP server if it’s an option - as I’ve grown quite attached to modern Wyrmrest Accord. Then what I actually main will be up in the air.

I really hope they reconsider on the CRBGs, if their primary intent with Classic is to preserve server communities. I didn’t care about other servers then, and still don’t. Those cross-faction rivalries were the best - Chasing you around the tunnel entrance Benny Hill style, trying to out DPS Bishop’s absurd T2 healing, finally getting a new weapon to smash Grarglezorz’s face at Farm (only to find out he got a new weapon too) to name a few. It eventually grew to a point where I held more respect for the enemy than the people I was playing with. It’s funny like that.

There’s still time before we’ll even actually see a BG though, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

1 Like

I wish, Blizz seems to be taking things the Blizz knows best/you think you do but you don’t way.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever kicked anyone who didn’t deserve it. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the classic part, I think I’ll give it a shot. Probably on Horde since Classic Alliance has no nostalgia for me at all. Now it’s just trying to convince some of my old friends to give it a shot too!

I remember the old Dragonblight days. I still remember a good chunk of my guilties in Riders on the Storm. Granted I was a male Night elf hunter back then… man I miss those days!!

My name was Suffacate Dwarf Hunter I remember so many of you guys its crazy. You probably don’t remember me I was trash. Let me share some memories I have of vanilla.

I want to thank Ironlionzion and the other hunters who had rhok delar, help me with acquiring it by giving me tips.

Endall and Bananaboy would always gank me.

I remember when dirnok was horde and he would always destroy in BGs then he made his infamous switch to the alliance we were glad to have him lol

I embarrassed myself on April fools day by falling for the joke blizzard used that year it was that wisp where the new race lol. I made a post on the forums titled WHIPSSSS!?!?!?!?!?. I was the whips guy for a min.

Bastilashaun was only level 20 when I first met him had no idea he would be grand marshal one day.

U N I T E D was actually featured on the G4 Special of World of Warcraft. They helped us in AQ 20 once.

I remember we had a Husband and Wife both get GM in the same week I think one of their names was Equinoctium.

I forgot who it was but we attended someone’s wedding in Duskwood in the grove where the world boss spawns. maybe someone remembers who was there.

Who can’t forget that one time we organized a huge war in the crossroads??
I remember there was a video of it but it seems to be lost to the internet now.

I always loved doing AV with all the top PvPers and guilds those are some of my most cherished memories. I don’t know any of you personally but we’re all connected in some weird way. We all spent years together in our own bubble. Even though we were a PvE server it always felt like a PvP server cause we all would flag ourselves. I am proud to say I played on dragonblight we had many amazing players on both factions.

I once watch Rugius take out 5 guys by himself he was amazing

Koushi best flag runner NA We used to hate you. My friends and I still talk about you when we reminisce of the good days. LVL 59 all the way to HW you might have been one of the only people to do something like that on any server.

Dekkenfrost was one of the best mages and I love fighting him. (he always won)

I could go on forever but maybe you might remember these people too.

I’ll be playing Classic maybe ill see some of you around.

revive the dramablight!

Skwermiebeans <3

My character’s name was Nicoso and I was a Tauren DPS Warrior. I played with Evil Empire as well as some other guilds. Pir was telling me I played with With Pancakes for a while but it’s been so long I barely remember.

I’m seeing so many familiar names in here it’s crazy. I remember Jotaro and Flambeau pretty well. Evil Empire raided MC with an alliance of other guilds and I’m not sure we were ever able to actually kill Rag haha. I’ll be playing Alliance in Classic as I want to experience the other side.

Would love to get together with some of the old squad for classic. You can hit me up on reddit u/wakinglurker or message me on here. I’m seeing even more homies on vanillafriends that I recognize.

Cheers errybody!

In case anyone comes here instead of the connections threads. Seeing if I can get some people to roll 50’s alts for PvP on horde side in Classic.

There’s going to be more Naxx gear in end game PvP this time, and that’s not really representative of vanilla BGs. 50’s is a chance to PvP without the raid gear or the pressure to rank 14. Twink culture and lower bracket balance is pretty awful. There’s some alliance trying to bring twinking and raid gear to the bracket so I want to give them a hard time.

Discord: https://discord.gg/ZAy8d5f

I havent logged into WoW forums for a long time, i thought id come here to mention Scythe! i was a nelf warrior named Balistic , i was a chirpy little 15 year old back then and scythe was a kind of role model in WoW for me! he helped me so much! I swear he had a new weapon every week!

Reading all these old names are bringing back all the memz!

Just figured I would stop by to make some people feel old. This account was once my father’s who played from Classic to the end of MoP. A Field Marshal hunter by the name of Seriph. Just think how the child of someone who was young when they started playing WoW is now an adult. It’s some mid boggling stuff right there.

classic.wowhead.com/news=318016/crashgaming-earns-world-first-level-59-pvp-rank-14-grand-marshal

F***

this is devamb, the mage in ascendance that was clicking the orbs and protecting the raid in the server first kil jaden horde kill on the server , i cant tell how much hype it was but it was a godlike feeling. if you were in ascendance back then and remember me , you can add me up at : saltypepperz#1875

also im playing on westfall classic atm and got the biggest GDKP discord on the server with 1.8k people going atm , if u ever wanna hit tbc with us , i already found one of the former ascendance member: Ciriatto , by pure chance since i posted a screen of syphus in my discord lmao ! so yea ! heres the link of the discord and if any of yall wanna start classic TBC join my disc and hit my DMs ! lets repeat the dream again on ally side ?!?!?! discord link : https ://discord .gg/MvtnrD6d9y see you all in tbc boiiiis! the dream is still ALIVE !

I thought we lost to OCK by like 5mins? I wasn’t in there as long as most, Forgarm, Tauren Druid. Still a bit salty about that honestly, we were on track doing well, up to M’uru IIRC when there was some fight between leadership people and we lost out Main Tank, Offtank, a couple of healers and some of our top DPS who jumped server to join a guild that had already cleared. I had to switch to Resto to get accepted, so that BS atleast let me switch back to Feral and I was the main OT for the remainder of the xpac.