Old Vanilla Flavour + a dash of Dragonblight

long time ago..
You see, Rev was at a level where ZG/AQ20 or MC experienced players would have had alot of trouble keeping up with them. Gear is a factor, but so is skill, raid experience, etc. There are not that many people who can readily jump into a AQ40 or Naxx guild and take care of business. Finding a guild is more than just about raiding, it's also a kind of family, group of friends, and people you enjoy the game with. Any good guild, casual or raiding, are careful about who they take and any GL will tell you that attitude is the most important. You might wanna check yours before you continue apping elsewhere.
2 Likes
Does Flambeau remember?
1 Like
They'll be back... They always come back.
Grats Madthekillah on HWL
Been here since vanilla. Always come back to complete missions and max out my main. Never stay long after, but came back to raid and pvp for now.

I remember Mav and helping him once in awhile to reach highwarlord. Then helping my friend frozentruth (cadince) and a few Ock members getting their highearlord title. I was in Visions of Anarchy and Ock was the top horde guild. I think I was the first shaman on server to complete the ten storms set. Maybe someone in Ock got it, Bishop? But I got lucky and completed the set very quickly.
I'll check in for The Fighting Mongooses, good times!
1 Like
Mezent, the then Tauren Hunter checking in.

I have a few,

First, word up anyone that remembers Godz Evil Puppetz. We were a small guild... With Tank who refused to wear his pants regularly.

Someone tell Mesa to stop kiting world dragons to Org please.

/pembar

and the best Chuck Norris, Murloc memes this side of the Ashenvale Boarder.

I also raided with Last Hope toward the end of Vanilla as well if memory serves, Went to Zul'jin once server Xfers became available as DB was slowly losing steam.
1 Like
Oh man, you guys brought back memories. While I wasn't on for Vanilla, I did join up in BC and all the names bring back memories. I was a noob then reading the constant chat in Dragonblight and laughing so hard at all of it. I would get on after work just to read the chat. During Wrath, trade chat just got more hilarious and random with characters whose names escape me but I would know if I saw again. It was around three or four months before the release of Cata that everything fell apart. Through Cata, some of the old crowd remained, but with the combination of Fenrir, trade chat was lost quickly. Most moved realms while others faded out and left.
I was in a guild, The Pantsless Avengers, that is still around, but is a ghost of itself. (There are characters on the guild that haven't been on in 13 years.) My character was Lyira, a Hunter, and I remember a few of your names as helping me in my noob days. Thanks for that.
I was inspired to find this thread when I posted a question to Dragonblight trade chat tonight that, in the old days, would have launched a debate that would have lasted hours in the BC and early Wrath days. Tonight, the only response I got was from a Dragonblighter of old who said "Dramablight is dead."

How very true that is. RIP Dragonblight. Your chat channels echo with the talks of old.
1 Like
Yet another DB Vet here!

A lot of names in here that I recognize! I Played Vanilla->BC on Daragosh, and Wrath->Cata as Groundstrike/Daranub, if you happen to come across this post and remember me add my btag!

Raided in a few guilds that I can barely remember the names of, Tactical Vengeance, Ascendance, Redemption.

Crouton#11568
Raided on DB back in BC/Wrath with Darkness and whatever guild ex-Darkness members joined when I took a break between expansions. I needed a gem the other day, and I was feeling nostalgic for Kuros' old trade chat postings to help raise my kurscore with the finest gem cuts in the land. Fun times.
I recognized some names for sure here. It's cool to see some of you guys are still around.

I transfered to DB during TBC after having my application accepted by the Horde raiding guild Ascendance. What this guild has done for me was give me the greatest experience that I have ever had in any video game. I was one of the raid healers for the guild progressing all the way up to defeating Illidan in the black temple and finally defeating Kil'jaden in the sunwell as well.

What I remember most is the epic progression race between The OCK and Ascendance to be the first to down Illidan and then KJ on the horde side. We were always neck to neck.

Anyone that remembers me feel free to add me! Btag: xPinkerton#1361

Reading all of these posts sure bring back great and fond memories, I raided on Dragonblight on my paladin Turyalon and my warlock Castermaster back in Vanilla in the guild E C H E L O N and I was in one other also, i want to say maybe Exodus?. I got on my warlock first time since BC and it was crazy seeing all the names on my friends list and they all came back to me, even remember what class they played. I remember leveling and seeing people from The Epic Crusade and The Ock with purple raid gear and that gave me motivation to get there! Ended up 7/8 Tier 2 and I believe my guild got to twin empā€™s but then BC was released! Was always cool seeing people from Exigence with Naxx gear.

1 Like

Good memories indeedā€¦

I have to give a shout to the Horde of this realm. My adventures with friends, my time raiding for Visions of Anarchy and Monkey Business; PvP; the drama; and my rivalry with members in tabula Rasa forever etched in my mind.

You may heard enough stories about how WoW changed lives, which is certain cases, are true. For me, I learn a lot from the old days, from this realm, and the experience did change me to be more assertive in real life. I was young and less pro-active, but through those experience with people whose personalities are unique and wonderful.

I wish you guys the best of luck in game, and life.

-Metalcleaver

Ah fenris. Starting to feel like a puppy you grow up with and one day realize the dog you know and love has gotten old and tired. Well then again, weā€™ve always been a quiet realm compared to others. Trample long gone, Hand of Pain disappeared, many alliance gone too. Glad EA is hanging in there, and monkey business.

Was sure good to click through blizzards wonderful new forums to find some familiar names!

Definitely remember the Dramablight forums and everyone there, miss you guys!

I mostly played Krass on alliance in Insurgency, probably most famous for being run by the now infamous Mauriac himself. In an even more shocking twist, for the very short time I played in OCK he was secretly there too, before all that drama kicked off. What a messā€¦

There are way too many names to shout out here, but if you remember playing with me Iā€™d love to say hey! Btag: VetrntBLDBRD#1148

I mostly play on Elune Alliance now, just with RL friends, but Iā€™m really enjoying the game and kicking myself for not playing any of Legion in itā€™s release.

Anyone planning on playing Classic? Thinking about running the same bracket as I did in vanilla.

Also you donā€™t need a sub to post on realm forums apparently.

Raided Vanilla here as Alliance (Herror) with Protean Syndicate - if anyone is around from there HMU! Was actually just talking about Dragonblight! I remember the Ock on the Horde and Exigence on the Alliance I think?

Anyone from Alliance side going Classic?

Yeah, The OCK and Exigence, thatā€™s Dragonblight. I rolled with the Exigence crew on their horde side PvP alts for a while and then they kept trying to recruit me into their guild. Sarje, Uba, Customs, Uryan, some other names come to mind from that time but I canā€™t remember if they were Exigence. Then Jolah(?) kicked me.

F Jolah.

Wow love this as an Australian player we had no oceanic played on my main Bladebear - with wife Thuraya still playing these mains 790days and this server were we fell in raiding mc and BWL we only had us servers I started vanilla in Bleak cabal with warspite dogo - then in grim promise MAV - rooffio amoril magerus , ike and all so cannot wait for classic - I am hoping the make dragonblight server again :slight_smile: who know might see some again