Old toon questions

It’s been about three years since I’ve touched this druid. I’m just wondering if I should bother trying to update everything, including the talent trees, which were not a thing last time I played, or should I just start a new one from scratch?

I don’t want to lose all of my progress on this one, but it feels like it would be an awful lot of work to get her just to being playable

This is the same reason why I don’t boost characters. I would recommend playing an alt to learn the new builds, maybe make one of the opposing faction so you’ve got the same class in two different communities. I recently made a Hunter and have reached lvl 52 after about 20 hours of gameplay and am still learning the rotation after I pick new talents per lvl. It’s nice to use lvling as practice for end-game.

3 Likes

I’d go and run a new druid through exile’s reach. Just a bit of a warm up to get back into the swing of things on a fresh character.

At that point, you can decide if you want to continue for a bit more with that character or if you’re ready to head over to your old druid.

Your spec while leveling really doesn’t matter that much, so it’s a good time to experiment. (And the slightly higher level character will have a few more points to play with, which I see as an advantage.) When I haven’t played a character for a while, I like to clear off all their action bars and start fresh. That way I’m only trying to remember what button I put a spell on last week vs. 3 years ago. (And I can reorganize around any changes.)

I would just pick up where you left off with your character that was hibernating for 3 years.
You might have items or achievements that you can’t get anymore or are hard to get. You are going to have to figure out talents and rotations anyway. And relearning to play from scratch does not really help because as you level and get new abilities unlocked, you are going to have to adjust how you play again again.

Dust off that old character and bring them out of retirement.

I always start from level 2 to learn from the bottom up, but having 39 points is a good place to start. Can you load in the “recommended” build yet?