Old Tier Tokens no longer 100% drop rate?

So, Iv’e been running a lot of old (BC, LK, Primarily Kara and T-5 sets) Raids lately on my Rogue to get the tier sets for X-mog and I noticed that their tokens weren’t dropping from the appropriate bosses like they used to/should be. I put in a ticket and to see what the problem was. What they said was that basically when they switched to the “Legacy” loot system ALL loot was set to drop randomly! WTF!?!?

It used to be that you were GUARANTEED at least one tier token, only the type (Crusader, Protector, Champion, etc) was random. You would get 1-2 tier tokens along with the other random pieces of gear. So that gave us a 33.33% chance at minimum of getting the token for our class. Now with the change, your chance of actually getting a token for your class has dropped DRAMATICALLY, depending on the loot table (not to mention the randomness of which type of token actually drops) to as low as 5%!!! That’s is straight up BS!

What is the point of doing transmog runs for old tier sets if the tokens required NEVER DROP!?! I think this is something they may have overlooked and it seriously needs to be addressed/fixed! I get that the changes actually gave us more loot but it’s at the expense of a lower % chance of getting the very pieces most of us are going for in the first place!

I can’t be the only one thats irritated by this?

4 Likes

Sometimes I see just regular loot and no tokens. Its rare, but I do see it from time to time.

Yeah, I noticed this immediately. It’s a stupid change. Made all the worse by the fact that in a lot of WoD raids, tokens don’t even drop at all anymore…so not only do you have to hope that a tier piece drops, you have to hope that it’s the 1/11 shot at getting the one for the class you’re actually playing.

5 Likes

havent done any WoD raiding on this character. Hadnt seen that. This kinda sucks

IMO, they just need to put tier tokens back to the 100% drop rate that they used to be at pre-Legacy loot system. That way the only thing we have to worry about is which “type” drops instead of hoping to God one actually drops! I mean let’s face it they effectively nerfed thier drop rates into the ground and on some bosses into oblivion! If they don’t, then they really need to implement a system where we can purchase the sets from old raid tiers. Especially for tier 1-6 being they have the worst drop rates.

Would be GREAT to see an actual BLUE respond to this as I know it’s a concern for A LOT of people!

I just came here looking for answers, and it looks like I got it.

Trying to get the purple Ulduar tier set for my rogue, and while the dungeon journal and the collection tab are both absolutely garbage in trying to discern where things come from (another issue entirely), my understanding is that the shoulders come from Thorim? Yet in the last 2 weeks (6 total kills), he hasn’t dropped a single shoulder token for any class, let alone the rogue token.

Not sure why Blizzard insists on messing with things that aren’t broken.

2 Likes

I thought tokens just didn’t exist (I skipped WOD). How about Legion?

What a joke. No wonder I can’t even be bothered.

Still farming Sunwell for my Belt on my rogue… :’( </3

Just cleared black temple only 2 tokens total. Definitely broken.

If they don’t want to fix the drop rates/loot tables, maybe they could let us run it every 3 days instead of 7 or something.

2 Likes

it would help if they could rig it to avoid dropping 3 of the same thing.

I wish they would comment about this. It’s kind of annoying.

2 Likes

Running old raids and not getting a singe set piece sucks. There has been times now that I have ran like 5 old raids and had no tier gear drop.

Yea I am doing a run right now. They lowered the amount of loot and stopped 100% tokens in ICC 25… Another change to stall out peoples mog progress. Blizzard is becoming a joke.

I’ve been running TBC Kara for months to get a helm for my warrior. Need 2 for the pvp helm as well. 4 months and not 1. Half the time if not more, I get none. Just the other generic loot. It wouldn’t be so bad but that chess event is such a PITA.

I got a Thunderfury while farming T2 pants for this character and it still took another month and then got a double drop

Yea this has been a major annoyance for me when farming tier set mogs. At least one tier token should always drop IMO. It’s especially soulcrushing clearing Ulduar week after week and Yogg keeps not giving any tier tokens let alone the one you need.

Suddenly my getting blue-balled in Karazhan for the Druid T4 helm makes a lot more sense.

I can confirm still as of Oct 2020, there is a chance the tokens don’t even drop. I did Serpentshrine and the Eye today and ended up only seeing the T5 leg tokens x 3 and chest x1, all of which weren’t for my class. Everything else was the random other loot. What a waste of time.

1 Like

I am still running Karazhan and never seeing tier 4 hats dropping from Malchezzar. Ugh.

Been playing since Vanilla and its never been a for sure thing that those tokens will drop for your specific class. Sometimes they drop for your class, sometimes they dont.

I’m not asking for it to 100% be for my class, but I would like a hat token to drop when I make it all the way to Prince Malchezzar.