Old stress server chars wiped?

Can’t confirm, but im 99% sure it will be the case.

4 Likes

I think they are. I think they want to simulate launch by making us start over to see how it goes and what log in issues they are looking at and to see if they need more realms etc, etc.

2 Likes

They’re still there… on the stress test server you have no access to any more

:stuck_out_tongue:

These are all new servers on the Live branch.

im pretty sure they are since they were attached to our Beta accounts and now its just our regular accounts we use to log into the stress test so. Unless they transfered them for us (Not hard but also takes time and Electricity to have the PC on that runs that code) but i dont see that being the case, Its cool though imo; makes it so we can experience the zerg again and maybe get GMs to spawn stuff in lvl 1 zones.

I would assume they are gone, they want to practice a fresh launch. Not half the population going on their already leveled characters.

1 Like

Basically this; This stress test is open to everyone in NA/Oceanic servers to log into so i wouldnt doubt they want realistic experience too for launch.

cheeky :stuck_out_tongue:

I forgot the 10 character thing already!! arg

I concur with everyone else that our old characters most likely got wiped.

R.I.P. Stressedcow and Testcow :ghost:

I bet they want to test everyone starting at level 1 instead of us spreading out. Since this one is more open to people it will be much more accurate when testing how launch day might look.

1 Like

That’s precisely why.

1 Like

Its looking like launch day, because when I log into the new ‘WoW Classic’ option I see a bunch of of server options as opposed to the single one for the stress test.

yea, it was like that yesterday too. All the servers are offline though until 2pm pacific.

1 Like

That server no longer exists.

It was first renamed to Field of Strife. As I watched it happen over time in the closed beta. The server name attached to Gnopants changed from the “StressTest” to “Field of Strife” whenever I went to send mail to my bank alt late last week.

Then on the morning of the AV focused testing beginning, Gnopants disappeared entirely.

He wasn’t there when I logged into Field of Strife that afternoon. Even now, I can log into the game and get auto-suggestions for my AV weekend toons, but Gnopants is no more.

Shhh, stop putting reality into cheeky responses. :wink:

But fair enough, we were never getting access to those characters again.

This is the other reason I’m pretty sure those toons won’t be returning to any servers anywhere. “Authentic launch conditions” do not include people logging in to twinked out level 10 characters.

Rest in peace Gnopants, you will be missed but never forgotten. :cry:

His number had to come up eventually.

Rest in Pepperoni’s Gnopants.

Best part was watching that again and realizing Sakaar(Ythisens) was in that Hogger raid and was dumped offline with everybody else.

1 Like

LOL poetic justice!