Old RDF PLEASE!

PLEASE accept you were wrong and bring back orig RDF.

If you want you can make it exclusive to each server and still remove the teleport to dungeon, but this new crap system will be toxic, spam filled and cring meta. Dungeons are easy in wrath, let us just easily queue for them. PLEASE!

106 Likes

I really like the LFG tool. I’m looking forward to using it in wrath.

RDF comes with blizzard’s vote to kick system which is probably the most toxic thing in the game.

5 Likes

That’s a weird take. The players are toxic, the system doesnt care.

37 Likes

The vote kick system enables players to be toxic.

Have someone who’s not doing enough damage? Vote kick them. You’ll get a replacement in 5 seconds.

There are tons of examples of players getting kicked for poor reseasons and then you end up with a 30-minute deserter debuff after you get kicked.

4 Likes

My only gripe is this. Getting kicked should not get you a debuff.

However, I recall a dungeon where a tank joined that had a beef with one of the other DPS in the group. He started trying to pull everything and drag it over to us then letting himself die to wipe us. This went on for a while until we were able to kick him.

I think the only thing that needs a reworks is the deserter debuff. It should only trigger when someone leaves voluntarily. Once someone leaves, the game should suspend the debuff until the group fills again so others can leave without being penalized.

2 Likes

People talk about this all the time but in all the time I’ve played wow (over 15 years maybe) and all the dungeons I’ve run I’ve rarely seen this happen, so I do not think it is a common thing at all. People just try to get on with the dungeon for the most part.

24 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree! Bring back RDF please!

23 Likes

Its not. Its paranoia talking

2 Likes

Rdf kick feature abuse was super rare, while the toxicity and abuse of the LFG tool as it is will be rampant, as it is in retail.

22 Likes

exactually. It will be worse with the new system.

4 Likes

I’d rather just be the group leader so I can remove any trolls myself.

1 Like

I’ve had far more bad experiences with the vote kick system than LFG.

Did you deserve those kicks?

10 Likes

No, I’ve been kicked in the past for having the same armor type as someone because of loot competition.

2 Likes

Seems like a rare occurence and was likely the toxic tank. That kick would have happened with or without RDF.

13 Likes

It would appear that my mileage varies.

• I remember one pug where the lock wanted to hurry things up and finally got the tank kicked right before the first boss fight which he started with his void and got wiped cause we had no tank.
  • I’ve been in a pug where one person demanded we kick the tank because he had a piece of armor with intel on it even though he was doing a fine job with aggro. (The complainer wouldn’t shut up about it.)
  • I remember a pug where there were two of us hunters. The other one had aspect of the pack on. I know I didn’t because I never used it and it wasn’t even on my bar. The tank asked that it be turned off but the other hunter didn’t. I ended up being the one kicked.
  • I went into one pug and three of the others were in the same guild. Their leader said everything lootable belonged to him. When the other dps needed on something, they kicked him. When I saw something I could use and needed on it, they kicked me.

The list goes on and on, for me anyway, which is why I stopped doing pugs. Vote to kick was abused way too much.

2 Likes

Well, I’m very glad I will not have to deal with the toxicity that comes with RDF.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, you’ll get the far worse toxicity of LFG…but don’t take my word for it, go check it out in retail, look at the Community Council posts about wanting more info like class, gear level, and then like in wrath.

I’m a healer so this will impact me only slightly, but the poor DPS won’t like what’s coming. At least they had a chance with RDF.

19 Likes

Good dps will do fine. It’s not worth the time to min max for leveling dungeons or wrath heroics.

People were min-maxing for Heroic MgT…a simple simple heroic…I don’t share your optimism.

4 Likes