Old Mounts

because hitting 60 and acquiring 1000g in 5.5 months is “speed leveling”… dude people are going to be 60 after the first week.

yeah I know? what does that have to do with the price of milk?

And people will speed level anyway. You think you want to speed level, but you don’t.

3 Likes

I know they will, but there won’t be motivation for everyone to try to hit 60 asap to get a mount

There’s many reasons to speedrun to 60. I just can’t believe an unarmored mount is their try at avoiding it.

This thread has already been created with tons of comments btw.
Check out UNARMORED MOUNTS MEGATHREAD 2.0

Since we’ve had the second version of epic mounts for 14 damn years, they should have left them to retail and used the old models instead. For trolls and taurens, the original epic mounts were 10x better looking than their replacement.

1 Like

Yeah there will, it will just look different. All of the economic incentives to hit 60 early are still there. Blizz’s solution has managed to fail on every level here.

1 Like

tons of comments and no answers… just some piss poor dev interview from 5 months ago where they told us they wouldn’t be in the game because…

That’s how I like to play

1 Like

What I was referring to by “a mount” was the unarmored mounts that this thread is about.
Obviously there are speedlevelers for many reasons.
But blizz has said they won’t players to not feel like they have to rush to get the unarmored lvl 60 mounts

They wouldn’t feel that way if they took unarmored mounts off the table.

Now they just want to rush to get armored 60 epic mounts, altering nothing except the end product - which is now less varied and authentic and altogether worse. Blizz says lots of stuff, when they listen to themselves we end up with BFA.

The OP asked if there would be unarmored mounts. The answer given by Blizzard was no. So yes there is an answer

What they mean is… They don’t want noobs to complain they didn’t get to 60 in time to get their unarmored mounts. This is how we got retail to where its at already. Catering to casuals. This is just the start.

2 Likes

Just like when we asked for classic to be made for years and their response was “you think you do but you dont”… yep we should all just give up asking for things because of the first response given.

Also… both of the threads were created in RESPONSE to the dev interview… not beforehand… none of us even questioned whether or not these mounts would be in game… we assumed they would be considering it is a “recreation of vanilla wow”

Also Blizz could make the alternate skins available indefinitely if they specifically wanted to stop them from being a time limited item. If you want to say that’s not authentic, then neither is not seeing any of them because they were both available - present and even acquirable up to 1.12 as the mount items were BOE at the time.

2 Likes

Ok the big difference here being that you don’t HAVE to rush to get the lvl 60 epic mount. You can level up your gnome warrior over the course of 3 years and still get the same reward as those who hit lvl 60 in a week. With unarmored mounts, that poor gnome warrior who took his time would never be given the reward of an unarmored mount.

BTW everyone, I never said I was for or against the unarmored mounts. I’m only stating what Blizz has officially said to answer some questions

My pally gets an armored mount free, just takes 2 months to gather the mats and the right group of adventurers to help you get it.

Enjoy that armored mount

So make the mounts an alternate skin that’s indefinitely purchaseable. Or realize that classic has never been about the participation trophy.

1 Like