Old models

Lol more options are better also it doesn’t look like ps2

I would not have re subscribed if i had known that i can’t toggle original models/aminations anymore. Most of the animations look so silly compared to the original ones.

Though I would never wan’t to go back to those old models, some of the old animations would be nice. Femorcs used to have a lovely hip sway when they ran that would rival the spacegoats. Now they are as stiff backed as human males…

I see zero reason to go back to old models.

Nostalgia goggles are alot like beer goggles I guess.

I see you haven’t played an undead male with the updated models that walks like theres a bone up his butt. Pretty much all of the old running animations were better, as well as race/gender specific attack animations.

1 Like

The only thing I would like to see back are the race-specific animations. Like undead female melee flip. As I said in my earlier post though, the old models are PS2 era textures and polygons. No thanks. I just don’t understand how somebody can think that looks better.

Just over this past weekend, I and three buddies decided to play the original Need for Speed Underground on my old PS2. And it was just so primitive-looking compared to what we have today.

The undead have always walked weirdly hunched over, like some kinda uglier version of Quasimodo

As requested…

I prefer the old models. The new ones are much more cartoony, despite having higher polygon counts. The Troll female used to have some cute looks, but now they’re all snarling warthog looking freaks. Only an edgy teenager could actually want a character snarling all the time. But that’s a child for you, always wants to be different, no matter how ridiculous that might be.

And the male Tauren look almost cross-eyed. It’s like some cheap Cartoon Network ripoff. The Troll females are supposed to look all savage and the Tauren males look goofy and confused. Only a schizophrenic could come up with that.

And for the comments on the bouncy runs, let’s take a look back:

http:// www. mmo-champion. com/content/4874-Night-Elf-Female-Run-Animation-This-Month-in-WoW-Blue-Posts-Jandice-Barov-Fan-Art

“Patch 6.2 - Night Elf Female Running Animation Update
You may remember that Patch 6.1 removed some of the spring in the step of the new Night Elf male character model’s run animation. Patch 6.2 does the same thing for the Night Elf female model.”

http:// www. mmo-champion .com/content/4971-Orc-Female-Running-Animation-Tier-18-Set-Bonus-Changes-Blue-Posts-Hellfest

“Patch 6.2 - Orc Female Running Animation
Orc Females got an update to their running animation, just like the Female Night Elf.”

My Dwarf males still run like one of Gru’s minions. I should macro them saying BA-NA-NA.

And there’s more proof that the art team was trolling us on purpose, the giant bags under the female gnome and dwarf females’ eyes:

http:// wow.gamepedia .com/Player_character_revamp

“Patch 6.1.0 brought further adjustments to those new models…reducing the substantial bags under the female gnome’s eyes.”

Side by side comparison:

https:// druidsandadk.files.wordpress .com/2015/01/6-1-gnome-female-eyes.jpg

And the combat animations… My characters now make these huge wide swings that expose their entire ribcages, inviting even the dumbest opponent to drive a blade in. Even a drunken bar brawler would never make the ridiculous wide open attacks that my supposedly highly trained and experienced characters make.

And related to the model changes, I play with sound off now because I can’t stand all the yelling with every swing. RAAA! AAAHH! REEE!!! REEE!!! I don’t know who thought this would be a good idea, but they need some serious psychological counseling.

1 Like

Minecraft has sold over 100 million copies. Your need for high polygon counts is part of a tiny tiny yet very vocal minority.

1 Like

Comparing apples to oranges. Minecraft and WoW are not even remotely similar. Also, Minecraft’s look is a chosen motif, not a victim of it’s era and tech.

The hunch is acceptable. They look like they’re almost walking sideways. Its really annoying, and something I had to get used to.

I don’t even remember what the old models look like anymore. I just remember they were low res.

And by your 4th sentence, you’re already insulting anyone that likes the new troll models.

Yes, I will definitely hear what you have to say.

Old model, Blood Elf female…

2 Likes

If you prefer the ears on the new models over the old you have no taste!

Subjective is subjective. I am 45 years old, and played this game since vanilla beta. No, I don’t care if you believe me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And I like the new models. They are fresher, and clear. The combat animations are another matter.

I’m sure you and others will hate me for saying it, but I wish they would spruce up old mounts and classic armor tier sets. Maybe some old bosses too.

the old models wouldn’t be able to handle many of the animations in WoW today.

Joking is joking.

I can never tell. Especially these days. I am sorry. :frowning: