Old gamers only 25+

Man, I really can’t stand “woe is me” people. Especially at 25 years old. If you don’t like the direction your life is going, then change it. Don’t sit there and cry about it, and definitely don’t sit there and cry about it to other people.

Start a blog.

1 Like

Sounds like you need a more open ended game experience, sandbox games, etc.

If not, the other course is you’re maturing and finding out that gaming is a waste of time. That being said, you have to enjoy it to a core like a hobby now. It can’t just be because “everyone else is doing it”.

Why do you play video games? Are they an escape? Do they challenge your brain to think differently? Do they touch on your creativity and you can create things you can’t normally do in real life? Do you enjoy over coming a difficult challenge?

These are fundamental questions you need to ask yourself.

Don’t forget that now you have experience with games. I can’t begin to tell you how easy Zelda puzzles are in dungeons after playing 30 years of Zelda games, my experience gets me through the tougher ones faster than it did when I was 14. I still like the games because they touch on something else in my brain that I cannot explain.

Ultimately though, breaks are a good thing. I played MMRPG’s since Ultima Online and stuck with some for years, but all the while I’ve taken breaks that feel like an eternity, but they feel good after a while. Then I miss playing and I come back.

The longest gap I ever had from wow was leaving for a break at Ulduar release week and then coming back for WoD around Nov of the first year. It felt good, but each expansion intrigues me, and I am now at the point where I support WoW and want it to last forever, even through the rough roads. I’ve said good bye to many characters I’ve created through the decades, I don’t want to say goodbye forever again.

1 Like

I still play video games because I find them enjoyable, at least the ones I manage to play anyways. When I was younger I had more freedom and less responsibilities and priorities. As I got older I had more I had to prioritize over video games, though I still try to make time for the hobby when I can. WoW is the only MMO I prefer to play, and yes I have tried other MMO’s such as ESO and FFXIV, but they did not capture me as WoW has and I don’t like doing any more than 1 MMO at a time.

Though that might be due to me playing single player games mainly throughout my gaming lifetime. I suppose that I still manage to play WoW because of those I have met and still stay in contact with. Those as in my guildmates and friends. If not for them I highly doubt I would still be playing WoW.

I am 43. Been playing games since I was a kid. Honestly, what else is there for me to do? I hate sports, movies are become identity politics forced down normal peoples throats, books, well, that would be great, but that ends up being expensive. I don’t like to go out, so this is my fun.

So 25 is old? Jeez, that makes me ancient then…

1 Like

I can’t even imagine finding something in common with someone under twenty five lol. Nor do I particularly want to.

Sorry girls, yes, you’re more mature than boys at that age, but you’re still not what I’d consider mature. Not generally at that level of life experience.

1 Like

Ok I am clueless on what this has to do with WOMEN judging men. Your not 16 are you so quit saying girls. What is the swipe right for?

@Billyboots
Listen this forum isn’t for counseling or helping you make a decisions in life. It’s all is up to you no one can be there to hold your hand and guide you in your choices. There are other resources via the internet it seems you are seeking. People here aren’t equipped to give you guidance like professionals can. I suggest you start locally and find someone to help you with you. If you can’t find help locally there are online counseling sources as close as a click away. You are the one that will ultimately make the choice in what you want to do in life.
Good luck.

2 Likes

It took you 25+ years to realize video games are designed by people?

ugh, incel, hit it with the spray bottle

4 Likes

I play them because they have become ingrained in my head. I’m 43 now, and have have a controller or mouse in my hand since Atari. After a while it becomes almost like you have to play to feed the lifelong addiction. I’ve been playing Wow alone since 2008, I rarely raid, rarely do dungeons, haven’t touched pvp since Legion, yet I continue to log in every day. Why, wish I knew. I hunt mounts and transmog and do WQ’s every day for a character I barely do anything with, yet I’m addicted to it. See maybe if I was a good kid, my parents wouldn’t have shoved me in front of a tv all day every day and I wouldn’t have gotten the addiction. I figured it out, we musta all just been bad kids.

According to the title of the thread you are old!!! 30? You are practically ready for the retirement home. You can have my room in the infirmary because I’ll probably kill over from old age soon! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

A break would be a good idea, it’s just finding something else that’s equally as enjoyable is difficult. The older I get, the more those “that was sweet” moments become few and far inbetween. I do feel like an addict seeking for the next rush, maybe I’ve played too much to be impressed by anything anymore.

That being said, I came back to try heroic and got that feeling again for a few fights.

You are your own worst enemy. You shoot down and negate every attempt at solid, good, friendly advice.

You trap yourself in this miserable cocoon of “I can’t do it”, “it’s not easy”. Yes you can do it, and life isn’t always easy. The entire issue here is that you are crouching like a victim and placing blame on every other possible excuse, and women collectively, for your woes.

A lot of your comments also reek of misongyny.

I feel zero pity for you. You have every personal power and choice to adopt a different attitude, take action, try some new things, maybe follow some of the good advice provided in this forum by people who care.

You see that, yes? That people have gone out of their way to provide positive options?

Yep - you are a powerless victim of life.

Poor soul.

4 Likes

Yep, I called it. I’m gonna blow your mind kid: you aren’t as good at hiding your screwed up, sexist ideas as you think you are. You’ve had your bad experiences because, even if you fool them at first, people eventually pick up on this undercurrent of desperation you’ve got going on and it creeps them out as much as your blatant incel posts in this thread are creeping us out.

You’re going to die alone blaming women for not being attracted to you because of your height and probably never realize that it was always because of who you are as a person.

No offense, but you’re a tit and I hope no woman is ever blind enough to think that your gross obsession is actual affection. You’re incapable of having a relationship because you can’t have a relationship with a blow up doll, which is what you really want.

Oh wait, I did actually mean offense.

5 Likes

Ahh darn, well it was gonna come sooner or later…
:older_man:

1 Like

This is the typical response with someone putting words into my mouth. Why do you assume that I feel entitled to s*x? I understand that the hand I was dealt is unfavorable. Which is why I’m still stuck on self improvement and have been since I was in my late teens. I’ve always been eating well and exercise . Yes I do it to one day meet the standards of a girl I like but the standards are beyond my control for what they want. My last resort is leg lengthening which I have enough for, it is still painful and I’m also afraid of being judged for it. I would have to find a new job so no one would know that I’m 3 inches taller than before.

No one is entitled to sx, it’s about mutual attraction and intimacy. If I wanted sx I would just buy it. It’s not the same.

Also notice the fixation on projecting a negative stereotype onto me in this response. It’s laden with hate for undesirable men.

Which you are incapable of providing because your posts in this thread have made it clear that you don’t think of women as real people but just targets for your fantasy idea of a relationship. You are always going to fail, and three inches added anywhere is not going to change that.

4 Likes

Well one thing this thread has done is educate me some. I keep seeing the word Incel which I had to look up the meaning. And unfortunately it does sound like it fits the OP.

Also still have no clue about this

What is do not swipe right?

2 Likes

To escape reality.

1 Like

I would say I take more from lookism but there are cels on there trying to improve.

Projecting negative stereotypes once again.