OK, Blizzard, Enough. It's Time to Fix LFR N'Zoth Already, Here's How

You guys HAVE to be seeing low numbers of completion on LFR N’zoth. You guys HAVE To be seeing some kind of statistics showing how many groups fall apart. I find it hard to believe that’s not the case. I’ve only been to LFR N’Zoth four times total, but I never want to return there again. I’m surprised groups even bother to form, or that the group doesn’t just disband after Carapace. After you get the quest credit for killing him once (which I did), even though you might want the loot that drops, it’s just not worth the absolute PITA to go through it.

You want a fix for this Blizzard? YouTuber Preach gave one: Just have people do each phase ONCE in LFR. That’s how you get people to see the fight and what it’s going to be like. The repeating of the phases is the problem, people forget what to do once they have to do it again. Also, Preach is right, once you know how to do the fight and can actually do the mechanics, the fight is just repetitive.

I know you guys were low on resources and employees for this patch, but even STILL N’Zoth feels like a rush job. It could’ve been so much better and more interesting. Not to mention the ending is just we kill him with a giant beam and have no additional mysteries or clues to N’Zoth’s ultimate plan. What a disappointment.

10 Likes

Stop getting your opinions from YouTube.

13 Likes

If they can do the phase once why can’t they do it twice? It’s not a matter of healer cds running out etc it’s an issue of people not clicking their body to come back out or not using their necks (at least it has been any time I went to look). Doing a phase only once doesn’t change either of those things. They still need to know what to do to get through it once.

There are still probably 6 months minimum left of this being the last boss. I do t see this boss being “hard” as a problem.

2 Likes

It’s not that it’s “hard.” It’s just too much to ask for LFR. You’re forgetting what LFR is like. I’m sorry, but I refuse to ever do it again until they do something to tone down the fight. The supposed nerf I heard about and also making it so you had to at least have the cloak just wasn’t enough. Like I said, even though I’ve only been in four times, I’ve only killed him once and every other time, the group just falls apart after multiple wipes. Not worth it.

4 Likes

Why don’t players just do something to tone up their performance? We’re not talking about maintaining an optimal, competitive dps parse, we’re talking about clicking on their body and using an extra action button once a minute.

7 Likes

There’s more than just forgetting to click the button. There are people who don’t check/forget what group they are in and don’t jump into the portal (the times I’ve done it it’s always odd groups for the brain), or they see it too late. Myself, I found out why people tell you to use the neck as soon as you come out of the brain room. If you don’t do it then, you’ll forget to use it before you go back down. The portal is on such a short timer that once it pops, you freak out and run to it and forget to use your neck in the process. I know I have. They really should make the portal last longer. Hell, DBM needs a text and siren warning when the portal appears, I don’t know why it doesn’t.

2 Likes

None of these tasks are difficult, and none require a high caliber player to manage them.

How about instead of making an easy fight even easier, people just decide to use their action button, check their groups, and jump in the portal?

1 Like

Ugh, FFS. I said it before, and I will say it again THE FIGHT IS EXPECTING TOO MUCH FROM LFR PLAYERS, THAT’S WHY THEY CONSTANTLY WIPE. Stop ignoring this and asking people to “just do it.” It’s not helpful. Every single person who says that doesn’t seem to understand that it just doesn’t work that way in LFR. You’re expecting people to listen to raid leader instructions and actually do the mechanics correctly multiple times? IN LFR? What a joke. The fact remains that too many wipes happen and groups are falling apart. It needs to be easier, full stop.

1 Like

You’ve said people aren’t checking groups. Is checking your group number something that you’re actually claiming is “expecting too much” from someone?

You’ve said people aren’t jumping in the portal. Is standing on a portal at the right time “expecting too much”?

I’ve heard of lots of issues with people not using their extra action button to restore sanity. Is one button push really “expecting too much”?

I’m not ignoring you. I just haven’t seen you present anything that is actually too difficult for any person who is even in the same ball park as basic competence. We’re not talking about world class rotation management, or split second timing on pass/fail mechanics. We’re talking about knowing your group number and hitting a button once a minute. I’m honestly surprised that people who find that difficult successfully manage to log in.

Or, people need to meet some minimum bar, a very minimum bar, of competence to be rewarded for killing a “raid” boss, full stop.

4 Likes

The only change that should happen is reduced sanity losses to mechanics. Standing in bad is standing in bad, but the sanity mechanics are what I have seen in my limited LFR attempts kill groups. Maybe reduce sanity losses by half in LFR if its such an issue to dodge, because lets be honest a lot of people are use to standing in mechanics in LFR and not usually dying but the sanity kills.

1 Like

My biggest solution would be to…I dunno…not do LFR. There’s plenty of groups clearing it every day. If you are so unlucky, either you aren’t staying in long enough to see through to the kill, or you are one of the ones holding your group back preventing the kill. Either way, sounds like raiding isn’t your cup of tea. It’s a shame that people have expected LFR to be a steamroll fest for this long. That’s not how raiding works, and that’s now how LFR worked in the beginning either. Nowadays it’s just kind of a shame.

1 Like

something interesting happens at 10 stacks.

raid leader starts spamming ‘use the button’ and boss dies within one pull.

doesnt happen at 9 stacks. only at 10.

killed it in LFR 3 times already.

1 Like

LFR’s been ‘tourist mode’ for a long time now. Should it always be this way? Maybe Ny’alotha LFR was designed the way it is as an ‘experiment’ to see how the community handles LFR when it’s made more difficult instead of just being essentially free loot from killing target dummies.

1 Like

I actually see the beginning of organized play in this LFR wing.

carapace and N’Zoth have a different vibe than the other 10 loot pinatas.

1 Like

They have already taken the cool down from 2 (or 3 I can’t remember) minutes all the way down to 1 minute. Isn’t that enough? You can literally refill every 60 seconds. That means that all your mistakes in the last minute are forgiven as long as you can survive 60 seconds at a time. If it looks like your cutting it close stop doing anything other than focusing on dodging for a bit untill the cd is ready again. It’s not like there are high dps or hps requirements anyway.

I really wish the modern WoW population could do spine of deathwing…just once…

It’s LFR… just do world quests and normal mythic dungeons.

I think that anyone who argues for keeping the way it is wants everyone’s experience against this boss in LFR to be miserable, regardless if they say anything to the contrary. I get it, you want some level of competence. But again, this is LFR we’re talking about. I would argue that LFR N’Zoth requires MORE than just a minimum level of said competence for it. This fight just has too many mechanics to deal with for an LFR fight. I have been doing some normal raiding with my guild, but that’s only once a week. So I guess it’s completely official: Never doing that wing again on LFR.

3 Likes

That’s ridiculous. I think it would be great if everyone went in to LFR and had a great time. I just don’t see why they can’t do some really basic things during the process.

You can argue that all you’d like, but you’re going to have to present a better case than it’s too hard to push a button once every 60 seconds, or it’s too hard for people to go into a portal.

So far, your support for it requiring any degree of competence whatsoever is nonexistent.

2 Likes

Why not we change N’zoth to have 1 hp, whoever hits him first gets loot and everyone queues again to have their turn.

5 Likes