Oh boy, gargoyle AGAIN as a talent

It literally is Dark Arbiter. Has been since the first patch of 8.0.

I was under the impression it was a weaker version of it.

The stack per RP spent mechanic is Dark Arbiter, baseline gargoyle didn’t have that.

I stand corrected. I played DA back in legion, it seemed way more powerful back then, but this is probably due to all the items and effects that were available during that time. If they plan on doing that again, then I can see it being a talent, otherwise its not worth it.

Unholy ruined right before expansion launch, turned into a weird mess that probably won’t get “fixed” until the next expansion.

Where have I seen this happen before? :thinking:

All it would’ve taken is throwing gargoyle off the GCD, or making it part of AotD. There’s no talent setup that really synergizes with gargoyle; did they not look at any internal data as to how few people were using gargoyle as a talent for all of BfA?

Army of the Damned is superior for general gameplay flow and versatility, and UA is probably the more epeen-jerking talent for max damage. Gargoyle just doesn’t fit on its own, because it needs high haste, mastery, and good RNG to work, which won’t exist until later expansion content.

Rolling DT into a apoc is a bad idea. There are times when you need a DT ghoul for the utility effects, but don’t necessarily need to go full burst on something. Also, being only able to use DT in combat is not going to feel good.

3 Likes

Legendary shoulders made Dark Transformation empower all your pets including DA.

I knew I wasn’t that crazy. Yeah, I’d be ok if they brought back those shoulders…

I kinda wish they would give us Raise Abomination PvP talent as a baseline talent that replaces AotD so we have more functionality in small group content. Army is cool for raids but not that hot in M+ if I recall.

this isn’t really a valid data point as we are not allowed to take gargoyle.

this is part of the problem with moving stuff to talents. even if i want to take gargoyle now, Newbroski and the IO score brigade is not going to accept me into their pug unless i play talents they deem worthy.

slightly OT, but this is part of the popularity of epic battlegrounds atm, take any build you want and play with it, no fear of group rejection because you took all the bad talents on purpose to see what happens. and no living by the sim like its a ball and chain limiting your free choice. but the lack of consideration for the PVP impacts of this change shows how little the current dev team even cares about pvp. they are willing to gut a very popular premier pvp spec just to appease a few pvers about one complaint that involves only the first few seconds of a boss fight.

changes like this make it extremely hard to dismiss claims that the devs and Ion personally have a vendetta against the pvp side of the community.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knight-class-changes/490709/682?u=xe%C3%B8shades-wyrmrest-accord

There we go, some issues got addressed.

Reverting the DT change is very good. Now they need to revert everything else and we’ll be good. Nightfae shouldnt be able to have both epidemic and defiled.

4 Likes

Gargoyle leads to heavy downtime prior to its cast. With our current rune regeneration, it would be a 10-15 second dowtime before Garg pops where we need to bank. SL rune regen is not nearly as robust as BfA rune regen is now.

Garg also locked the second and last talent rows, because Garg’s damage can be spiked so high that the bonus pet damage on Unholy Blight, and the haste from Unholy Frenzy, were non-optional. With Garg removed as a baseline skill, we have had 2 talent rows that are hard locked into Garg, unlocked.

Already on beta, we were seeing the spec entirely warp around Gargoyle, with our opener, stat priorities, trinkets, etc. You can look back at ToS logs to see this effect in action first hand. Everyone will be stacking pet damage amps and haste.

Garg leads to unholy having a single, definitive build, if it ramps off RP. It is not a fun spell.

Uh… lines up with Hero for that Tyrannical boss face melting action.

So with the “revert” what does this mean? is DT back on global? What about the talent changes ect?

the downtime is partially due to them trying to bring the game down to 45 apm. if you are a 300+ apm player, you will have downtime no matter what blizz does.

use the downtime to your own advantage.

The dh liked the dumbed down version of a class, i’m shocked really

6 Likes

We’ll know next wednesday, no one knows more than what Sigma said.

1 Like

All classes are easy. (Even unholy currently)

I’m sorry you think they’re complicated

-sigh-

And here I thought I get to play with Gary again.

I guess not. :confused:

3 Likes

Blood Tap is nice, but it’s not absolutely required for much of anything. If anything, Blood Tap being the option and Ossuary being baseline is the best way this could’ve gone; Blood needs baseline Ossuary for anything on that talent row to compete, and Foul Bulwark will compete with Blood Tap for raw EHP checks.