Odds Of Vanilla being free to play?

I’m just going to go out on a limb here and say that a subscription fee doesn’t keep out the riff raff? Have you SEEN Goldshire on Moon Guard? Or Balmung, Gilgamesh, and Hyperion on FFXIV?

People will be toxic, regardless of a subscription fee or not. No, it only helps a little in regards to toxicity and gold sellers; doesn’t do much though, only a little.

Odds of Vanilla being free to play is ZERO at the moment.
That being said, private servers aren’t going anywhere no time soon.

Going to give you some hard truths

• 15 dollars is not a lot per month, if you’re friends are not willing to do this, they have issues managing their money, even when I was in school spending money all the time I still found a way to pay for a sub.
  • Classic being included into Live sub is absolutely an inventor pleasing padding move, Classic will boost “WoW” subscriptions making the live game more “successful” to the eyes of the investors, so this changing is basically zero chance.

BOGO. Only for WoW, it’s SOGO.

Zero to negative.

Video games, and the internet as a whole, are considered Luxury items. (Granted, internet will likely be a utility in the near future). While it may not be pleasant, if for whatever reason one does not have the financial means to play, then they simply do not play.

0% odds, hope that answers your question! Have a nice day!

1 Like

So you havent really given any good reason, just that one guy you know doesnt want to pay for a game hes probably not even interested in. But they have already said it shares sub with current retail. This thread is pointless. It wont ve free to play. Servers are not free to run. Employees dont work for free. Not everybody can afford $15 to spend on video games every month. That is unfortunately that is life. But if it werent for money this wouldn’t even be happening. So the options are:

• Don’t play WoW Classic (free)
  • Play WoW Classic (costs money)

Odds are 0. Activizzard is here to make money, full stop.

It’s my observation that they need a combined subscription to boost subscription numbers to appease shareholders.

Are you serious? They’ve spent development time, development resources on the game. And they’ll have to spend money to upkeep maintenance on the servers running the system, which is an ongoing cost. Additionally, they’re providing a service that the fan base has constantly been trying to remind Blizzard the demand of. You’re going to say that when they offer a product due to the demand of it, they shouldn’t charge, despite the cost to provide the product? Do you have any idea how the entertainment industry works?

1 Like

In addendum, I’m aware that WoW Classic will not be identical to Vanilla WoW. Then again, neither are private servers. Once WoW classic comes out, Vanilla Private servers officially will receive no sympathy from me. The product is officially offered from the manufacturer, and there is no argument to be made for “preserving an artifact” as it were. I fully support Blizzard going after private servers once the Classic servers are live.

I’ll repeat myself again. I was just shedding light on, that not all have the options that some people kept spurting about. Mainly “you should do something else with your time if you can’t afford $15” It was a reasoning why some would want to play a free game. I have no problem paying, and prefer it to not be free.

1 Like

Free to play. Is not really free to play.

To cut down on bots, gold sellers, and cash shoppers. I will pay 15 dollars a month.

Last time i checked, access to the internet isn’t free. If someone can afford that and not a game that they will spend many hours a week playing… I’m forced to come to a couple of conclusions.

They are using someone else’s internet free of charge, not supporting themselves.

They only have enough money to pay for the internet.

Both conclusions lead me to believe that their priorities are misplaced. Gaming is a luxury for your off time.

Vanilla is such an old game, though. I mean, you wouldn’t pay to play an emulated version of Super Mario 64. It just doesn’t make sense for them to use subscription models to monetize a game that’s already been iterated on.

It’s unbelievable that you get Classic WoW and Current WoW (up to 110) for $15/month and people don’t think that’s an amazing deal.

1 Like

Once Blizzard gets Classic going, they’ll actively be able to protect their game again. Not to sound pessimistic but you pretty much are going to have to pay, or risk any private server you play on getting taken down as soon as it becomes big enough to be anything.

Shared internet lines is a thing. Also a standard thing here in europe, is having television license coupled with internet. Besides, often the internet you’ll find in some of those countries are really subpar, so don’t know how much they can charge for it, but can’t be much. I get what you are saying though.

LOL, can afford a computer to play WoW AND the time to do it, can’t afford 15$ a month…is that what you are going to go with, come on give me a break.

If you can’t afford it, then you probably shouldn’t be playing it at all and put some of that time into figuring out your financial mess.

2 Likes