Odds Of Vanilla being free to play?

It was a hypothetical response to a hypothetical idea, that has a snowball’s chance in hell of happening. I’ll go drop the person’s quote in an edit to avoid further confusion.

Got ya. I hadn’t read up stream enough I guess.

1 Like

Well if you can’t afford it then your needs are probably not being met and needs are more important then entertainment, bfa people sell tokens of game time for gold so if you farm it then you could play without having to pay with credit.

1 Like

Are you saying a sub is a paywall? I’m ok personally with their being a spectrum of economic status in WoW starting at anyone who has more than $15 of disposable income for entertainment if that’s what you mean. A sub doesn’t ensure that person isn’t a useless player spamming barrens with the lyrics to linkin park songs, but it’s better than nothing.

A collectors edition is a cool idea as an option, at least for me, add it to my lineup. I’ve got my original Vanilla but it’s just a boxed copy off the shelf, nothing special.

That’s exactly what it is. Having to pay specifically for Classic, or even the Retail sub, is a paywall to access.

I totally agree. I was referring to someone claiming that requiring people to pay suddenly makes them more civil.

1 Like

Yeah roger, I guess I’m just not used that the term in that sense. Is the price of gas a paywall to driving sort of deal. Can’t fault the point in any other way.

Buying a car is a sort of paywall to driving. But paywall is generally used in terms of access to online content. Usually with newspapers, but it applies here.

Blizzard has already decided that it will be setup with a monthly subscription fee shared with the retail servers. That means you can jump between retail and classic with one subscription.

1 Like

This is such a joke. Classic wow fans complaining for years that they want blizzard to release a vanilla server, blizzard does it, and now they want it for free. Who in their right mind thought this would be free? As surprising as it sounds, game development costs money. Blizzard employees need to get paid somehow. This is not some charity service. If you can’t afford to play video games, that’s your own problem to figure out. You can look at it as incentive to get a better job and improve your life situation lol. 99.999% of people who have the time to read these forums are not in such extreme poverty that they can’t afford $15 a month. And if you are in that situation, why the heck are you worried about a video game??? You’ve got MUCH bigger problems that you should be focusing your energy on…

One thing I’ll note is that if you are still a minor and can’t get a job, try and do some chores for your parents :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Current retail player who will not be paying a cent more to play classic.

Or pay 15$ a month and have access to every skin, mount, ability, and bag space and not have to worry about spending any more on limited edition skins, or cosmetic looks that have no real use.

I always thought the majority of classic enthusiasts were people who were around when it was out, meaning that 15$ should mean little now unless they really messed up somewhere down the line.

Free donut with a cup of coffee… That’s a really common thing…

The comparison with the game breaks down when you consider both coffee and donuts are good, while… I think you know where I am going with this.

1 Like

Classic and BFA are both good.

Should be a 60$ release and additional sub fee imo. We got a good deal here bundling it with retail subscription (even though retail is a disgrace).

1 Like

“Hey guys what are the odds af Classic being free to play since they announced it will be included in your $15 subscription?”
-OP, bored of waiting for Classic to come out.

2 Likes

Good coffee? I was thinking Starbucks. The point is still. Buy somthing and get something else for free. It happens all the time. Some times the free thing is junk but some times it’s all you want. Like fallout 76 power armor. You bought the game to get the helmet not to play that dumpster fire of a game.

This is also true, just designed for different people, time investment and accomplishments. However it is still good. I just personally think classic will be better.

1 Like

I’m currently unsubbed my dude, waiting for classic.

What was the last thing you spent $15 on? Probably junk. In the amount of time you’ve spent commenting on this forum thread, you could’ve made $15 many times over

1 Like