Odds Of Vanilla being free to play?

I am certainly not a victim. I am self-retired because I have enough money to support myself and wife for the rest of our lifetime and then some. As for victim-mentality on behlf of others? Not so either. I just see the nuances that some people overlook, on purpose or not. That’s why I said, things ain’t black or white.
It would take several pages of explaining and probably not fit for a forum post.
And I do know what you are talking about. I am myself a product of a home-mom and a dad that was a factory worker. But that said, all I am saying is, that there are several nuances and circumstances, why not all have the options available to them. Not all, can just pack up and leave. If that was the case, the immigration crisis we have here in Europe, would turn to a catastrophic disaster. Even moving into cities is not the solution, as there is simply not enough jobs for un-educated workers and they can’t afford to educate themselves. It’s a catch-22 situation for a lot of them.

1 Like

Ok

This is in direct contradiction to your posts about the poor and an inability for upward mobility of them.

What nuances? The nuances of their choices?

Well the answer to that depends on the options we are talking about.

Definitely not true, unless there is some mitigating circumstances that prevent actual motion. There is NOTHING to prevent people from trying to seek a better place. Although i would add that improving your circumstances can often be done closer to where you are at than just moving to another country and trying to adapt and learn there, it just takes thinking about how to make it happen. However if you MUST go, then look well at the options, Europe and America are not the ONLY options, and for some would not even be good options.

As i said, a great many people are comfortable where they are at, hence my statement about sub-saharan Africa and the Amazon…these people are not interested in changing who/what they are and they certainly aren’t interested in moving. The path of least resistance is to stay the course of what you know.

Again, a consequence of choices. Also a consequence of what i said before about planning before you make a move.

Speaking of the European problem as a whole what is going on there is a consequence of large social programs that are handed out at the cost of taxpayers that never should have had to deal with the large influx their politicians have allowed. Those large social programs (whether good or bad) were never designed for the stress they are seeing now. Remove those social programs and public assistance from the illegals and the flow of new illegals will slow to a trickle at best.

My initial reaction in this thread, was a direct response to people who blanket state “do something else” And my statement was that not all have that option. Which is true. It is not a victim mentality, to see reality for what it is. Even poor people can have obligations to the society they live in, and the moral conflict of just abandoning that, is but one reason why some stay mired in poverty. It is easy to say, well, think of yourself then, and then leave it at that. But given human nature, that’s sometimes easier said than done.

Anyways, If I were to explain into detail, I would prefer to do it my own language, as while my english is adequate, I would still miss a lot of detail or nuance to what I am trying to convey.

I get what you are saying, and I will agree a long stretch of the way, but there are some roadblocks as well. So I’ll wish you a good day, and leave the convo at that.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Obligations are in most cases a choice. Again, the consequences of your choices. I didn’t say improving your financial position was easy, i said it was possible for those that want to try.

Sounds good, no hard feelings. Good luck and i hope you enjoy your day.

1 Like

It will be part of your paid account blizzard already stated this
doesn’t cost extra to play it.

I love how you ignored the last part of my post. Where I said I think there should still be a sub fee and that if you can’t afford it right now, that I hope your circumstances turn around so you can and if you refuse to pay it your loss. But hey, that would ruin the narrative right?

They have to recoup the cost somehow. Easier to just roll it into the current SUB price that millions of people are already content to pay, vs having to create a new system to get that money back.

I’m happy to pay for a sub to play the original WoW experience.

Let’s be honest if that were the case they shouldn’t even be interested in trying to play the game. Draw the line on priorities and differentiate want between need. I think this goes without saying.

I also agree for a paywall though.

You do realize most pservers are shutting down once classic launches right? The pserver community is the reason you are getting wow classic. We proved there is a market for it. The minute I get a beta code i’m done with pservers forever! You’ll find the vast majority of pserver players are going to do the same.

At only $15 a month, Wow is virtually free to play as it is. I’ve got no idea how much the average player plays, but let’s guess five hours a week, At $15 a month, that’s well below a dollar an hour. And if you play more than that, it’s even cheaper.

So they say. They will be reluctant to give up their “donation” cash-cows though.

LOL. No.

A niche market, maybe. But any money is better than others profiting off of their IP.

So you say.

[citation needed]

You got no chance, no chance in He%!

The ones that are actual cash-cows are so because they have cash-shops. Those servers are garbage and don’t have good populations to keep them going. At least not to my standards. Those ones will most likely stick around. And I expect blizz is going to clamp down on them once classic launches.

There is a reason they came to the private server community to find out how they pulled off classic servers instead of doing it themselves. Without private server data they would have no way to know how profitable this would be for them. You don’t make a big investment like this without data to justify then expense.

What on earth makes you think i’d wanna stay on an over-populated server with zero mod support when i could play on better servers with a better community. Even better with blizz i don’t have to worry about an admin getting pissed at the admin team and taking all our data killing all progression I’ve been working on. That was fun lol.

The citation is the vast amount of private server players I’ve met the last few years who are super pumped for wow classic. At this point i have 5 different classic wow guild discords i’m in that are all organizing and planning to find a live server for us all to jump on and keep the guild going.

I personally have never met a private server player who doesn’t plan on quitting once classic goes live. I’m sure they exist, but they are definitely in the minority.

It’s free for me to play. Thank you retail su for free Classic.

Nope, didn’t ignore it, just chose not to quote it.

Not sure what narrative that might be, but hey you do you.

I mean how many people are coming in here for a “narrative”? 20 people? Get a grip, we and this conversation aren’t that important in the grand scheme of things. Folks take from it what they will.

If you feel slighted, sorry. Gtg, i have a narrative to run.

Giving a Boost to what game? Classic Itself. Because Battle For Azeroth is down the drain

Yeah you chose not to quote it because by not quoting it you can completely misconstrue my actual opinion on the matter. And by narrative, I mean your narrative that makes me sound like I want Classic to be free and there aren’t people out there who can’t afford to pay game but would like to play it.

Shockingly people assume that people who can’t afford to pay $15 a month for a game are either lazy or want something for free. Not being able to afford something they want doesn’t make them either. It’s entirely possible to want something you can’t afford and chose to focus on the things you need. Wants don’t go away just because you’re poor.

My wife and I want a second car because it would make our lives so much easier right now, however we can’t afford a second car right now. But hey, we should just not think about the things we want right?

You wrote it not me.

See above BUT, if you need me to be the big bad guy trying to make you look a certain way, you run with that in your “narrative”. I am sure the other readers of this thread care…A LOT about a nameless faceless individual writing about sub fee’s.

Yep, happens all the time. Maybe not you personally but regardless of whether you like it or not IT DOES HAPPEN.

True, they could just be comfortable and complaining about their station in life as covered earlier in the thread. As i said if you can afford the computer then you can afford the sub fee, to argue otherwise is silly.

True, but do you really want it if you don’t take the actions to get it and just complain about the price? No. What you really want is something you can “afford” or for free. People that want something don’t complain about price, they figure out a way to get it by expanding their means.

Well you might stop posting about a narrative on the WoW forums and go figure out how to grow your income to afford that second car you want…just food for thought. Otherwise it is just you complaining.

As i said earlier in the thread, life is defined by actions…not words. Either you want that car and use your time and resources to figure out how to get it OR you want to complain about not having your wants but are comfortable where you are.

You make the choice, no one else.

it is down the drain you are absolutely right, thats why they are trying to boost it, WELL DONE matey, you worked it out.

/end sarcasm

:laughing: boosting their income? XD