Oceanic WoW Classic Realms

Which side of Australia? The dog face side, or the cat face side? You Australians know what I’m talking about.

1 Like

While I won’t be on the Oceanic servers this time around, I am happy that we’ve got confirmation for them.

1 Like

Awesome! <3

1 Like

Love you long time !!

1 Like

Too expensive n not cost worthy to setup the server in singapore i believed haha…

SingTel has a direct route to Sydney from Singapore, so Oceanic servers should be a decent latency.

But the bigger issue is that they have an existing Data Center in Sydney, so this is an easy task for provisioning. Adding a new Data Center in Singapore would be something to ask for in Retail first.

3 Likes

Fantastic :slight_smile: thanks blizzard. I love you xoxo.

1 Like

they confirmed melee leeway, and 400 ms spell batching, you can play with 200MS ping almost uneffected.

1 Like

“Planned it all along!”

And so, July the 4th shall always be remembered as the day OCE received Independence from the oppression of 200ms ping.

10 Likes

There’s going to be lots of happy people when we all wake up in a couple of hours. Great news.

1 Like

I read this in the spech voice from that movie “Independence Day”

Lol, I read it in the medieval narrator voice. Also… July 3rd.

July 4th here in New Zealand :wink:

Fine. Posted at 4am in the worlds earliest timezone.

Oh damn, so I won’t be having that authentic Vanilla experience of 200-300 ms which made things just a tad more challenging?

Just kidding, this is fantastic.

2 Likes

Sure you can. Just do what we did in 2004, and sign up to a US-West server.

2 Likes

@Kaivax - Can you shed any light on confirmations that you planned all along to have Brazillian Portugese and/or Spanish designated realms for Latin America and Brazil for Classic?

And if so… RP-PVP too!

(Even if its to say “We haven’t decided yet”)

6 Likes

The game servers will be hosted in Australia? Excellent! Can I suggest some server names, please?

Garrosh can be renamed to Gazza;
Earthen Ring to Eartho;
Illidan is now Illiry-do; and
Bruce.

12 Likes

Thank you, we appreciate it!! :slight_smile: