Oceanic needs reviewing

Tonight at 2 :30ishpm svt, the great deal, the horde ship, and basically the entirety of the horde area was covered with alliance.

Now I understand they wanted more alliance in warned, and I believe the suggested fix was the correct idea however executed poorly.

They needed to go into regions specific buffing, as of now oceanic which has always had more alliance than horde players (less pvpers) has a faction outnumbering another and with a 30% buff.

Being camped in your main towns inn, or on your campaign boat (cant remember the names sorry) is not exactly fun, or exciting. Especially when you are unable to turn war mode off because of instant combat.

I dare say there would be other smaller regions that would be suffering a very similar experience. I would love to know if it’s more than just oceanic suffering.

4 Likes

Yep. Don’t know which dimwit in blizzard decided to tie the population buff with US alliance population. But bottom line. since when did they ever do what the players told them?

Especially when the players threw facts into their face, they insist otherwise… you were not the 1st to raise this. And you will not be the 1st to be ignored by them.

1 Like

I just logged. Tried to fight back, there is no point.

Are they gone though?

According to what ive seen on another thread it seems to be going on and they are getting more people to shard in

US based RP servers are 100% in the same boat. Using Realmpop which seems to be the best I could find Alliance has about a 30% advantage over horde, yet they get the reward and now a free 400 items each week, I will say Blizzard has failed super hard on properly implanting a fix to get alliance into warmode, they should have put it in with a stat buff by shard to balance out the odds, instead of having me jump to a 2 minute rez timer while they continue to SHOW the BIAS and free hand outs for alliance. as soon as you rez you are stunned and have at least 10 alliance beating on you.

I WILL SAY BLIZZARD you have really screwed the pooch this time…………….

Invisibility potion is your friend … helps immensely when you rezz. Pop it and hightail to out of there . Lasts 18 secs .

Just to confirm, this is not just Horde whining. Oceanic time zone war mode is pretty much the inverse of North American war mode in 8.0. From the Alliance side, there are no Horde to be seen; I’m sure we’re mostly going into single faction overflow shards.

I do see dozens of Against Overwhelming Odds groups in the group finder, which I’m sure is what’s causing the massive invasions. Maybe this will finally be the week when factions start to balance enough for the quest to turn off next week.

In the mean time, Blizzard, please look at your data and consider whether you can set the war mode bonus by time zone, and maybe even make Against Overwhelming Odds inactive in Alliance majority time zones, so we can only get the kills in Horde majority time zones?

Oceanic Horde, if you aren’t hard core war mode, consider turning it off and doing your dailies without it this week to try to avoid recurrence of the quest next week and while awaiting any Blizzard fine tuning. If you’re hard core war mode, well, best of luck; you’ll really be honing your PVP skills.

1 Like

Individual shard’s zone buff is the fairest way. Scrap the free gear quest imo…

Why can’t Dev see this…Overall population is not equal to individual shard’s. Even each shard have different faction density in each zone.

1 Like

I believe you may have missed the key part where i stated that combat was immediate upon rezzing, which would mean that i would dots on me, negating any form of invisibility without a full cleanse prior.