OCE Fresh Clarification

I just had a thought about Prepatch and specifically Oceanic Fresh servers.

“Pre-patch Begins: Wrath of the Lich King Pre-patch Launches and Fresh Start Realms go live during regional maintenance.”

Does this mean Oceanic Fresh servers will be going live in the middle of the night? Maintenance for us lands around 1am which wouldn’t be ideal for those of us wanting to get into Fresh immediately.

Long shot I know, but would it be possible for OCE Fresh to open at the same time of day that Wrath itself is launching? 3pm PDT is 8am for us which is a perfect time for game launches.

You assume we will be getting OCE fresh servers… we barely have the population to fill 3 servers, our 4th server died.

It has not been stated thay OCE will be getting fresh servers amd i HIGHLY doubt blizzard will justify it either.

If you are going to play fresh be prepared to play US servers. Of course, if they do make fresh OCE mlre power to you… just trying to temper your expectations.

2 Likes

Yes, it would be nice if they could clarify just how many new servers they will open and for what regions. Not expected, mind you. But nice. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

There’s no reason to believe we wouldn’t. OCE hasn’t been skipped for anything since we got our own servers.
If they’re smart they’ll just recycle the servers they merged last week as Fresh, they don’t just disappear when they’re closed.

Of course it’s possible that they decide to save the cost of 1 or 2 extra servers, but in doing so know they’d be turning away a few thousand people which would easily be covering that cost.
Remember it’s not just the current playerbase that Fresh appeals to, people joining in new for Wrath would much rather join the Fresh server than try to catch up with established servers.

Edit: Few thousand might be high-balling it, but server’s don’t need a huge amount of people to be playable.

Don’t make an OCE server please we barely have population as it is, in fact they should merge them all into Arugal

2 Likes

assuming we even get a fresh server, which could go either way, this is a completely selfish and nonsensical request, put our selves behind every one else because it doesn’t fit your schedule ? 1am actually works well for me, not every one in the country is on your schedule.

Fresh server isn’t a game launch, and 8am wouldn’t work for a lot of people either, so just patch/release at the time they have always done it imo

Like i said, just managing expectations. If we get them, by all means i hope they do well…

But if the current state of classic is anything to go by, Any OCE fresh realm will have a tiny playerbase (few hundred) and due to its lack of players will die almost immediately… just as Felstriker did originally.

I think its straight copium to think that Blizzard are considering Fresh realms for OCE, honestly i am only expected 2-4 realms on US and they have over 10x the playerbase we do…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.