Obtaining Rank 3 Essences on Alts

I’m sure i’ll be flagged for this… but it honestly pisses me off to see how ungrateful players can be. Most of you that were complaining about your alts not having BOA essences and having to grind boring content are STILL complaining that now you have to do the fun content in the game to unlock these essences. If you don’t care for any of the content that Blizzard has added the currency to then why do you even care to have Rank 3 essences? Those parts of the game are the ones that you want essences for anyway.

My lord stop crying about everything and be happy that the developers took the time to meet us halfway. I hope one day they stop reading the forums all together just so you guys can learn to appreciate what they’re doing. You guys fail to realize that decisions don’t get made in minutes or by only one person. If you can honestly sit here and complain about having to do Mythic + or raids or PVP or Horrific Visions to get your Rank 3 essences…Then do everyone a favor and go back to your Nazjatar quests, Eternal Palace grind, and 30k honor grind.

This community makes me so sad…

1 Like

Yikes! I knew the grind was going to be bad, but holy shyt…

2 Likes

So does the player have a record of high military status within their faction after leaving the 1-10 island that they were assigned to investigate, or am I going to have to find out on my own.

The grind isnt bad…You can get 4 essences in a week if you put in the time. Stop crying.

Well they just won’t matter anymore like how they don’t now because they’re not present. We still get Azerite.

Not sure if anyone replied to you or not because I’m not scrolling through all the complainers but the reputation essences are available if you already met the requirements on one character.

Here’s your proof

I would never flag you for having a different opinion to me, that’s not my style. I might do it if you were insulting or abusive but that’s what the flags are for, after all.

I’m probably done trying to point out that there were better ways to do it and they took the way that added to the grind that will constitute content till the end of the expansion. The way things are going, we probably won’t get Shadowlands till the very end of the year so what we have now in March is what we will be having for as much as 9 more months of BfA.

I guess that gives people plenty of time to get those Essences while they still have any actual worth.

I shall probably be taking a break from the game well before that time comes.

if i were able to dislike this, you can count a -1 on me, its more likely getting them from the old way than this, the amount of time required if horrible, no alts will be playable unless a horrible grind upon a horrible grind, upon a horrible grind, not sure if your data is showing the amount of time wating to getting a groups, losing, wipes, if this was on 8.0 this should be good, now… to late and way too little

1 Like

How is this in any way time saving? I still have to grind out the Rank 3s, then grind out the currency on my Alt. In that amount if time, I could just have the Rank 1-2 on my Alt earned already.

Just make the essences account wide already. It’s so annoying you want us to praise you for some overly complicated bullcrap to earn something that should’ve passively been a part of the patch to begin with.

4 Likes

It is… You can go into m+ and spam that all day and get an insane amount of currency. An easy +10 gives you a decent amount. You say it doesn’t save time, but something like lucid dreams takes weeks. The m+ essences take 3 weeks or 2 weeks if you do a 15.

This can all be done in DAYS!

It’s not saving me time if I don’t have any Rank 3 essences yet. I’ve never had one. They never seemed worth it, particularly because they’ll just be ripped away from us at the end of BFA. So this change does nothing for me except that I have to grind on two toons in order to get account-bound essences on my Alt. Just let me use my Rank 2s which I already have…

3 Likes

My only issue: You’re punishing pure DPS.

We still have to level an alt, get enough essences to run the stuff, then grind out the reliquaries of Eternal Palace, the 30,000 BG honor and 15 M+ tokens on a toon that can heal/tank, get that essence, and repeat it AGAIN for the other role.

People who main hybrids have already gotten that by now. Pure DPS have not. It’s unfair to pure DPS, period.

ANd if this purchasing applies to 8.3 essences, those need to be fixed too.

3 Likes

oh come on! get a +10 with a 410 alt, they are alts not ready for launch characters, if i were able to do a +10 with my alts this wont be nessesary, is not time saving is more a grind time spender

3 Likes

I do like that you can earn Echoes of Ny’alotha by doing other types of content. I still wish there was something like an essence vendor. That way everyone could just play the content they enjoy. I’m not a fan of having the content I enjoy being gated behind content I don’t like doing. Because of that I’ve just stopped doing it all.

2 Likes

Then why do you deserved to get ranks 3 in days when you haven’t done any of the requirements ever to get one like everyone else that has rank 3s now?

1 Like

Do you read? Let my main’s Rank 1s and 2s which I already have, be usable on my Alts. That’s what account-wide essences would be.

3 Likes

Sorry if this got answered somewhere between post 100 and 250, but what happens if your alt doesn’t already have rank 2 of an essence?

Currently, we can only buy and use rank 3s if we already have rank 2 unlocked. Will this allow us to skip straight to rank 3 regardless of what that essence is currently at? I’d like to believe that we can go straight from rank 0 to 3, but it’s kinda hard…

You’re correct. If you have a rank 3 essence unlocked on one toon, then any of your other toons can buy it with the currency and skip straight from 0 to 3. If any of the essences are locked behind rep (I’m a healer, but let’s say I wanted a tank essence locked behind rajani, uldum, or nazjatar on an alt) then so long as the associated rep essence for my heal spec is rank 3, all other associated rep essences become purchasable as well regardless of spec.

1 Like

Great! I know I’ve got a couple alts that will be very happy with that. :grin:

Many people should be happy about this change, tbh. I wasn’t on board for people being handed out free essences for things they’ve never completed, but compromising by adding in a “all around” content driven solution is absolutely a welcome step into making alts more playable. I think people forget that you don’t need to be ultra competitive when it comes to alts, and that it’s okay to not have all BiS essences on them. There’s a reason why they’re called alts and not mains.

1 Like