Observations from leading AV for Alliance in the past 2 weeks

Blizzard supposedly has a reference client and server with the correct behaviors. We shouldn’t have to prove anything, we should just report that it doesn’t seem to be right and they can directly test in their reference environment.

But they don’t seem to care. They let stuff go wrong and don’t lift a finger to fix it for months and months. We’ve complained about the cave issues for a long time and haven’t heard a peep about them.

1 Like

I searched the bug report forums and there were zero posts about this issue until I made mine.

There are also in-game bug reports and emails that might not be counted. Plus I’ve found searches to be hit-or-miss, there’s things I’ve posted that don’t show in searches for some reason.

Beats me. They have a bug report now. Seems to me if we’ve found something that is potentially a bug or error that could give an unfair advantage, we should be focusing on a) confirming that it’s actually incorrect behavior and b) getting it fixed. Complaining on this forum that “blizzard doesn’t care” when there wasn’t even a bug report until an hour ago isn’t constructive at all.

1 Like

I called you a Troll. In your books, that makes me a troll. You made an assumptive question. Of course not everyone agrees with me - nor do they agree with you. Yet you still tote around this very Keemstar-esque logic poking at posts with ad hominems and strawmans.

Also the reason I’m asking for evidence:

" Please provide clear steps to reproduce your issue. In the case of inconsistencies between Classic and Original WoW, please also provide some sort of evidence or analysis to support the claim.

• Since the beginning of the WoW Classic Closed Beta, there have been many cases where, after careful research and investigation internally, our analysts discovered that the reported issue actually behaved as intended and mirrors the original game.
  • We’re suggesting that with any 1.12 vs. Classic bug reports, we need links to videos, screenshots, or some other forms of analysis to support the claim. Unsupported claims have resulted in the spread of misinformation, and have made it much more time consuming to produce fixes for actual bugs."
1 Like

They clearly don’t care. Look at the server overcrowding problems, the lopsided factions on some servers, various bugs and issues in battlegrounds, rampant abuse of farming techniques on stuff like black lotus, very little in-game GM response, lack of updates on tons of concerns, and so on.

They are doing very little and just milking the players of cash. Running this into the ground. I enjoy the idea of playing Classic but the experience has fallen far short of what it was actually like in Vanilla.

They clearly have a philosophy of not changing things from the way they were in 2006, which is why if we can show that this behavior is inaccurate to the 2006 game, it is likely it will get fixed.

Or you can just stay mad and stay bad.

1 Like

Not true at all. They release the entire game at the final patch of Classic when the original had many different patches and game experiences, change the gear and debuff slots that existed at release, use a modern client/server with a modern addon API, and made tons of other changes that made the experience entirely different than it was in Vanilla.

Classic is far from an authentic Vanilla experience. Blizzard only payed lip service to the idea of a true recreation of the original game.

Nobody wants version 1.1 druids and dialup modems. If you don’t like classic that’s your business, but I’m struggling to understand why you’re trolling the classic forums with your retail toon when you could be doing literally anything else.

Also notice I said 2006, which if I remember correctly was the 1.12 patch, not 2004 when 1.1 released. They’re dedicated to replicating the 1.12 patch. If the cave respawn behavior is inaccurate to that patch, it’s a likely candidate for being fixed.

1 Like

The biggest imbalance In AV is where the tree boss is summoned vs ice daddy. If both sides are equal the result would be a stalemate. Summoning the bosses can break that stalemate but it’s much easier for horde to pull off the summon.

1 Like

Upon further research, I have found that the claim that players would not be sent to their cave upon death unless they controlled no GYs is FALSE.

“Players will no longer be sent to their starting tunnels on death unless that team controls no graveyards in the battleground.”

This change did not occur until patch 2.3.0. I suppose human memory is an imperfect thing.

I will update my post on the bug report forums to reflect this information and ask if they can at least verify that the current cave respawn behavior is accurate to 1.12. I think at most, defensive GYs would get preferential treatment over the cave, but I’m only speculating on that.

2 Likes

I looked into this issue thoroughly and detailed my findings in previous responses to this thread, but am responding to you directly so that you get a notification.

From the 2.3.0 patch notes:

“Players will no longer be sent to their starting tunnels on death unless that team controls no graveyards in the battleground.”

Seems like the way the caves work right now in classic is likely accurate to how they worked all the way until nearly the end of TBC.

Wrong. I don’t ever change what character I post on, no matter where I post. That’s not trolling, that’s being honest. You can see every one one of my posts I’ve ever made, rather than posting on a bunch of alts I just post on this one.

They are obviously not. If they were they would have released all of the raid instances at once, just as existed in patch 1.12. They would have released all the PVP stuff at once, just as existed in patch 1.12. They would have released the world dragons at the start, just as existed in patch 1.12. They would have had the original addon API and client, just as existed in patch 1.12.

They didn’t do this, they released a new client and server, they released version 1.12 of the patches, they released the game with phases of content which didn’t match the patches. They released a new addon API which didn’t work anywhere near like the original.

This is not an emulation of any version of the original game, it’s some strange Franken-version which doesn’t have the feel or gameplay of the original.

This statement is patently false, any way you slice it.

Holy crap my dude, no one cares.

I for one am impressed that you and your small group can influence 35 other people to follow your strategies.
I join AV and the first thing I hear is “Turn in all your stuff” then farm for rep.
Nobody really wants to try to win anymore, I play a Priest so I will try to heal and support any members of my ‘team’ that I can. Yesterday was the only AV where we fought hard (I found out this was your strategy at SFGY) and earned alot of HK’s but the moment the GY fell; everyone scattered and were killing mobs to get loot. By the time Van was attacked almost nobody was with him to defend him.
I applaud your leadership skills.

1 Like

the 2 times i’ve won was by slowly backing horde off so they split and come by the back of SH, then let a group defending SH and the rest push IBGY and RH. could b a coincidence bcause i’ve only won 2 games but it worked fine. What i notice is that ppl lost their will to try bcause the chance of failure is huge and even if u win u can still get less rep than holding druids. I think blizzard is the main one to blame.

1 Like

Issues with the map aside, it is literally impossible for the alliance to win AV if they just sit on defense the entire game, which is what I have seen them do every single game I’ve played. You guys need to nut up and assault IBGY.

I would love if they reduced the rep you get from farming druids, and increase the rep you get from actually winning the BG. Then suddenly people would care and while the horde might still win the majority of the BG, the win rate for alliance would go up massively

1 Like

It’s a good strategy if you can be nimble and balance the amount of people between defending SH and assaulting a more southern GY. There’s a bit of luck involved there for sure, you have to get the timing on GY rezzes just right and hopefully not have the horde realize what’s going on until it’s too late. You also have to be prepared for a full-on pullback to defense on the horde’s part.

So, basically, it’s much more risky to do than what the horde does which is sit just south of SH and farm until they get the ice lord. A real no-brainer and no-risk strategy which is why it works so well. If the initial clash was further south it wouldn’t be so easy to pull off.

2 Likes