Nvidia Optimization Option Removed

Will do, thank you and I will post an update once I give that a try.

Well, I uninstalled the GeForce Experience and re-installed it to no avail. I guess the bigger issue is the fact GeForce Experience isn’t able to find the new path that Blizzard recently changed because on my computer that path does not exist.

In my previous post I posted how the C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe folder did not exist and when I tried to use that name as a path it was met with an error message stating that the folder name is invalid.

So, un-installing and re-installing The GeForce Experience wouldn’t have any affect because it is still prompted to use the old path listed which is still C:\Program Files (x86).

Now if there is a way I can change that path to the new retail path then maybe the Nvidia Experience will be able to locate it.

Is this a typo ?

Because the new path should be -

C:\Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft\_retail_\Wow.exe

Does the wow client launch ? Have you tried copying and pasting the path into an file explorer window (up the top where it shows the path) ?

1 Like

I opened the launcher, went to options, clicked on game settings, clicked on game install/update the default install directory is listed as C:\Program Files (x86).

I then opened up my GeForce Experience client, I went to settings, game scan, add and copied/pasted the information from my wow launcher.

Which then brought up a list of folders the only thing listed for world of Warcraft as per a folder path was C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft.

So, I went back and opened up my World of Warcraft launcher and repeated all the previous steps except I clicked on the change icon to the right where the default information is listed.

I then scrolled down the list of information until I found world of Warcraft, which I then clicked on. I opened the folder up till I reached retail install directory C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_.

I then took that information above and copy/pasted it into my GeForce Experience scan location. Which brought up another window with a lot of different listings, one of which was C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe

So, I tried that information but ended up with an error message stating the folder name is not valid.

Right now, world of Warcraft is set up to install using the old Default install directory.

File Explorer:
Windows can’t find C:\Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe. Check the spelling and try again.

I’m confused here. Is the forum auto replacing the bar between the World of Warcraft and _retail_ bit or is your path really -

C:\Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_retail_\

Can you try editing your post but close your paths in back ticks/grave characters

`like this` should produce Like this

Good Morning,

As I had pointed out before in the much more detailed post above yours the path listed on the Blizzard launcher is for the install directory is C:\Program Files (x86).

The path you have listed and the other tech support C.S listed is not what I have nor is it a folder on my computer to be used as a path.

C:\Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe is how it is listed when I searched for a folder on the Blizzard Launcher.

When I take that information and I paste it into file explorer it gives me an error message, as I indicated in my post above.

I get that the new path should be, C:\Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe, but clearly that isn’t the path listed under my Default Install Directory, nor is that even an option when coping and pasting it in the file explorer to search for that on my computer.

The Old Install Directory is what is listed for World of Warcraft, not the new path you listed.

Thank You,
I hope I am being clear enough in this post as per what I am seeing on my end.

I am about to do a live chat with Nvidia and see what they can come up with because apparently after Blizzard felt the need to do this rearranging of folders and install path changes the Nvidia GeForce Experience is unable to locate the new path therefor rendering their services inoperable.

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issue as the poster. My Nvidia will not detect the game after the patch 8.1

I have even added the directory as you listed above into Nvidia client. I still cannot get the game to be detected.

FOR ME the game is installed Under “Program Files,” so I have added the original folder C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft and even C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft_retail_ in the Nvidia Scan game panel. Still it cannot detect WoW

2 Likes

I have searched and searched using the various methods the Customer Service rep listed and still unable to get it to recognize the new path.

The Blizzard Launcher still has the old path information listed for the Default Install Directory.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia GeForce Experience twice now to see if that would fix the issue but it did not.

1 Like

Having this same issue!

1 Like

I am just going to leave the Nvidia Geforce Experience uninstalled for right now.

It has been a while with no other CSR postings in this thread. I noticed a few others are dealing with the same issues I am experiencing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia Geforce Experience again and deleted my world of Warcraft game as well as the battle.net launcher.

My question to a Tech is this, if I reinstall the game as well as the battle.net launcher will the new installation use the new path that was mentioned up above, or will it default again to the old path?

Old Path: C:\Program Files (x86)
New Path: C:\Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe

Because if I reinstall the game and it defaults to the old path then what’s the point?

Thank You in advance for any responses made to this thread.

Just downloaded Battle net launcher again and went to install the game, the Install Directory listed is for C:\Program Files (x86)\ World of Warcraft. At what point is C:\Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_retail_\ Wow.exe used as the install directory?

Because that’s the cause of the Nvidia GeForce Experience not working. It is unable to locate the installation path for World of Warcraft since the recent changes in 8.1.

1 Like

So I have done the same thing as the above poster. I toitally removed my Nvidia GeForce experience and reinstalled it. IT picks up WoW in the old path no matter if you add the NEW path Warcraft_retail_ to the Scan panel.

So this is probably Nvidia GeForce problem.

Are you using the correct directory? As Bluespacecow has mentioned, it’s listed incorrectly in this thread multiple times - I’ve seen the same error in other threads as well. I wonder if maybe it’s a character escaping issue with the new forum’s text editor. Directory should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Wow.exe

_retail_ is a separate folder within the World of Warcraft folder, it is not appended to the name of that folder itself.

I have added that EXACT link the Scan panel. It won’t even let you actually add \Wow.exe

It can only let me select up to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_

Adding the folder won’t fix it. this is something that Nvidia has to fix in their game detection algorithms to recognize the new Folder structure that Blizzard is using. until Nvidia releases and updated GeForce Experience we won’t be able to see the game.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information, I contacted Tech support earlier but only after I decided to take the dive and delete it ALL!!. :joy:

So, now I am waiting for the game to download all over again. Oh joy is the Holiday season.

This is probably the answer I was looking for. So we just wait? It doesn’t matter to me as long as the game is still going to run ok despite it looking like my GeForce doesn’t see it.

the option is back now.

2 Likes

Yes Indeed it is. I noticed yesterday when I checked Nvidia GeForce Experience.

Nvidia Geforce Experience should be banned. I am seriously, it’s more trouble than it’s worth, I’ve mentioned it in other posts here and I cannot stress it enough that you should handle your own optimization and drivers to avoid issues.

2 Likes

That works for the computer savvy folks however, for the consumers who just purchase pc’s and don’t either have the time nor interest in “the best” or “the most optimized” features, the Geforce experience is ideal for them to use to configure the graphics as optimal as it can.

2 Likes

I disagree, it’s not rocket science to install a driver or to setup changes in Nvidia control panel. I am sure it can be achieved if Nvidia was to put out documentation that would be impossible to miss. Or make ppl who buy a computer take a computer basics class.