NVIDIA DRIVERS warning. (FPS loss)

The latest, and previous few drivers with the 1060(can also apply to other 10 series gpus) showed massive spikes, and a frame rate of around 44-52 in area’s where I used to get 75+.
I clean uninstalled the drivers, and downloaded the “BFA” drivers nvidia made and boom, back up to 75+ and smooth as a whistle.

So if you’ve noticed some weird spikes as of late, and odd frame rates you may wish to give it a try. This may not be the issue for you, in which case keep your current drivers. I tested it on multiple machines and saw an fps increase.

Took a while to find them. Happy gaming!!

Version: 398.82 WHQL
Release Date: 2018.8.1

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/136673/en-us

5 Likes

should be able to put the link in a block

` before and after.

I don’t really understand how to use a forum well, if there is a way to do it that be nice!

yup…I was getting 180ish FPS BEFORE the BFA changes.
Really easy to dual box on one machine…splitting to 90ish FPS per screen.
Now Im barely able to play the game at all dual boxing.
All my drivers are up to date, but I didnt know that they actually had a BFA driver from Nvidia.

How absurd that a video card company has to accomodate a single game instead of the GAME maker doing the work.

1 Like

Key to the left of your 1. Same key as ~, it’s the backwards apostrophe (grave accent? Lower case Tilde?) This thing `

put one before the link and one after will put it in a box

You should be able to put the link in your post that way.

1 Like

You’re the best! Updated it with link. Thanks Mysfyre!

NP.

If you want to play with the forums a bit more, this thread explains some of the new formatting there’s A LOT more that works, but this is a start:

1 Like

What? you apparently do not understand how game development works or even hardware.

dude…take a hike…been at this for 30 years…how about you?
That kinda crap went out 20 years ago.
GAME MAKERS are responsible for making their GAME compatible…

1 Like

END OF DEBATE!

1 Like

(Leans over the walls of mordor)
“And so it begins…”

Are you done yet?

The way you posted, it sounded as if you think game devs should make the drivers. If you ever cared to read the release notes, NV always releases “new code” in their drivers for certain games.

sorry but no. I was very clear.
GAME MAKERS are responsible for making their GAME compatible…

They do but it doesn’t stop GPU developers from Making enhancements to certain games in their drivers. They do it all the time, maybe they didn’t do this 30 years ago but they do it now. Game developers do not have access to the code base for GPU drivers that I know of but I’ve only been doing this for 5 years. I’m still in college but it looks like you could use a few classes too. :joy:

Thanks for the info Darktempest!

Going to be closing this thread though as it has derailed quite a bit from actual tech troubleshooting.

1 Like