Numerous bugs with stealth & vanish

• Vanish can break on batched auto-attacks.
  • Hunter and Warlock Pets will chase a target indefinitely when given the order to attack even if the target enters stealth (or was already stealthed) and is no longer visible to the owner.
  • The flare debuff is applied on the 400ms spell btaching tick, but the removal of the debuff is not, it is instead removed by the slower 2-second long resource tick and can take 2-3 server ticks to drop off after leaving the radius, sometimes taking almost an entire 8 seconds to drop.
  • Flares work through LoS and can be placed on walls and underground causing ā€˜invisible flaresā€™.
  • Stealth gets removed and put on a 10s cooldown when logging in.

Unrelated to stealth, there is also still a massive lag spike when switching zones which is a remnant of sharding, it is extremely disorenting when fighting on zone edges like capital city gates, these areas are often pvp hotspots do to their bottle-neck terrain, such as between searing gorge and badlands.
This lag may be unavoidable on retail due to needing to move players between shard servers, but classic servers have never had zone based sharding and donā€™t even have laying now so these load balancing delays should not be there.

5 Likes

I am not renewing my sub becuase of these bugs. If and when they are fixed, I will return. Until then, I refuse to pay this company $$ when they donā€™t work for us.

2 Likes

Breaks on a lot more than batched auto swings; itā€™s breaking on in-flight spells too; something it should not be doing, and was specifically patched out in original vanilla.

Actually it looks to be a much more responsive application than 400 ms; its almost instant maybe 10ms at the most. With 400 ms you would be able to potentially get a a cheap shot off; I donā€™t think thatā€™s even possible because 400ms is 4/10th of a second and plenty of time to cheap shot a hunter in a flair. So far no rogue has even gotten close; and the 4/10th second from edge of AE to me is plenty of time, yet they donā€™t even make it more than maybe 1 yard if that.

Unfortunately for you, thatā€™s authentic vanilla; that addon makes this even worse because the player does not even need to see you; if the combat log declares your presence and the owner of that addon has a bot or is spamming the character frame attack (ability here) then youā€™re boned.

Unfortunately authentic, although I donā€™t remember them being able to be invisible; but something appears to be wrong with the displayed range, I remember the flare area lit being the effect area and that was fairly straight forward. This is not the situation in Classic WoW, the Area of effect radius is 2X that of the displayed area.

Zone out of an instance, same problem; and I wrote a bug report on thisā€¦ So far Blizzard has done zilch.

The load / lag free transition between zones was actually one of the harlmarks of World of WarCraft over its rivals of the early MMORPG era. Nearly every other MMORPG in history (excluding wow) had load / lag between zoningā€¦ This is where the term ā€œZoning outā€ came from; but attached to that was also the fact that mobs were locked to zone, however with that the mobs NEVER dropped aggro unless killed; as a result this could result in NPCā€™s endlessly chasing unless the player ā€œZoned outā€ā€¦ This also is where the train emote in WoW comes from, because a player zoning out had behind him a train of nasty NPCā€™s (EQ) and any player that was passed by as the train came by was added to the hate list; there was no way off the hate list unless you zoned out. So as common courtesy you would announce you had a train and were zoning out; this gave others the opportunity to also do so if they saw or were within the range / path of the train.

Better safe than sorry in EQ because death could (not always) could cost you a level or at least experience, and that was massive (assuming you had no talented / leveled cleric in the area to reduce the death penalty) You would then pay out the rear to any cleric that could res you with minimal penaltyā€¦

Sorry for the off topicā€¦

2 Likes

Vanish is still broken.

1 Like

Multi - BILLION dollar company and they still canā€™t find out how to fix a simple coding bug after half a year LOL.

2 Likes

Donā€™t ya just love loosing half your HP to break on damage CC that does not break for an entire global after you take damage? So do I, itā€™s great!

Seriously tho, loosing nearly half my health while blinded to a shadow priest is kinda stupidā€¦ So is the fact that I can put aim shot and multi into a freezing trap before it breaks also really stupid. These are only 2 examples of this level of dumbness.

^ This Is very annoying ^