NPCs are missing, portals are missing, can't do most BfA content

So, my friend seems to have broken the game, somehow. Apparently he got to 120 entirely by way of dungeons and PvP, and somewhere he missed some critical step in the establishing of Boralus that makes it so that he can’t portal from Stormwind to Boralus, he has no portals at all in Boralus, there are no NPCs in the harbormaster office, and he can’t do Warfronts, World Quests, or any questing in Kul Tiras or Zandalar.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/moon-guard/Tiberíus - this guy

I know that he got through the part of the plotline where you go to Silithus and get the Heart of Azeroth, because he has it equipped. He also completed all the scenarios to set up Kul Tiras on another character, so he should have been able to skip them and just go straight to Boralus. When he goes to the pier in Stormwind where Jaina should be with a portal, though, she’s missing and there is no boat (which is fun, because I can land on it with him riding on a two-person mount and to him it looks like I’m standing on air). He can only see the docks with coffins and weeping mourners. Halford Wyrmbane isn’t nearby for him. The war council isn’t in Stormwind Keep. I can’t for the life of me figure out where he lost the thread of quests, but his quest log says that to continue the War Campaign he needs to pick up the quest “Get Your Bearings” in the Harbormaster’s office in Boralus from Taelia, but there are no NPCs there for him.

He has a ticket in to the GMs (with a 3 day wait for a response), and I’m dreading that when the first-salvo copy-paste response comes back and says to check WoWHead he’ll probably just let it drop instead of appealing and just never do most of the BfA content on this character. I have combed the forums, WoWHead and Google for any workarounds, and came up with nothing except this ominous page from three months ago that says that there is no resolution:

He also has two other quests that he can’t continue, “Ready for Battle” (there is no time dragon in Arathi to switch the zone to the present day)

And “We are Coming”, there is no Warfront table or associated NPCs including Ralston Karn for him in Boralus

…any thoughts, anyone? :sweat:

Wowhead may very well be recommended, and I’d recommend it as well.

That tool in particular he may find useful.

3 Likes

So, I’ve been combing through the data from different zones for a while now. It looks like he finished “Out Like Flynn”

Which is the step before “Get Your Bearings”, but he’s got no one in the harbormaster office…

It’s been a while. Is Taelia supposed to spawn in front of you, offer the “Get Your Bearings” quest and follow you around when you dock after you finish the quest with Flynn? If so, where do you go to get her to respawn? I can’t for the life of me remember where the “Out Like Flynn” quest dumps you at when it’s done.

The dock where the ferry master sits. You’re on the bottom level, off to one side.

5 Likes

Thanks guys, he found her and was able to continue on. It’s so hard to troubleshoot a quest issue when you can’t see what they see!

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

How did he get her to respawn? I am having this issue now. I abandoned the quest hoping shew would pop back up, but no luck so far.

She was waiting downstairs on the lower level of the docks where you first land when you zone in on the ship from Stormwind. Her “!” doesn’t show up if you bring up a map, so she’s somewhat hidden!

2 Likes

The easiest way to restart the Get your Bearings Quest if Taelia is missing, is to hearthstone to Stormwind and use the portal back to Boralis. Taelia will then be back at the starting point on the lower level of the Docks.

I doubt the OP’s coming back after years of unholy necroing 3:

4 Likes