Now that there's a corruption vendor, what's the best corruption for Fury?

I was thinking of buy Infinite Stars when I can get enough Echoes, but then I thought that might not be the best for the character?

I forgot to post on the appropriate character.

Infinite stars is a trap, don’t go for it. It’s too inconsistent, and only works well on single target bosses (even then, it sometimes just doesn’t proc).

For fury, I believe stacking severe (+crit %) corruptions together with the bloodthirst bleed azerite trait (can’t remember the name) should be good, especially in M+ where you can spread the bleeds easily with high crit and whirlwind cleave.

Don’t take my word for it though, check the Warrior discord for the most accurate information.

4 Likes

Don’t do it. It’s only good on a couple bosses in raid and that’s it. They’re not even hard ones. Honestly they die too fast even on mythic nowadays for the Stars to stack up high enough to matter.

As Xuanney said, CSHB on your Azerite and Severe corruption is the way to go. Severe II is on the vendor right now, get as much as you can.

Do I buy as many Severe II’s as I can now, or buy a couple and hold some currency in reserve if RNG is kind to us and gives us Severe III soon?

Stupid not being able to see the future lol

Wouldn’t crit amp be the best for fury?

Dude, governments would collapse and the world would end if we could actually make plans with gearing. /sarcasm

Before 55% baseline crit (100% crit in BotE/Reck window), definitely not. What happens after that is a contentious argument in the various warrior discs atm. Based on the OP’s current gear level, it doesn’t matter. Crit, crit crittity crit crit for him.

I would say without a doubt, you should optimize your current setup based on current wearable corruption right now. Make sure to put it on pieces you’re fairly certain aren’t going anywhere soon.

Whether you should stock up beyond what you can wear or hold out for Severe III…well that’s a tougher question. I wouldn’t bank more than one Severe II putrificant unless you expect to replace a lot of your gear really soon.

Edit: I didn’t consider that Severe III is much more cost-efficient for Echoes. What kind of Echo stockpile are you sitting on? You may be better off saving.

Fury probably gets value out of every stat then? One of the few specs it seems like that does.

Yeah, in top-end gear they’re honestly all neck and neck on single target. Crit is King, Queen, and Court Jester of AoE/Multi-target though, even after the soft cap is reached. It does make intuitive sense that at some amount of crit, surely crit dmg has to become worth it, but I haven’t seen anyone give some real numbers on that.

Maybe, maybe not. So much of Crit’s value is triggering CSHB. That doesn’t care about crit damage, it just wants more Bloodthirst crits for greater uptime. The tipping point might not be until you’re reaching 100% uptime on the CSHB DoT, and that could be high enough that it’s not feasibly reached.

But that’s just a guess. I leave the theorycraft to the experts.

Not that much, after I get the assualts done today I think I’ll be at 13kish. So it was more a question of how much do I want to wait for Severe III, never knowing if it might actually show up. I think I’ll add what I can now and if Severe III shows up on Saturday, well that’s just RNG for you.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don’t have a piece Azerite gear with CSHB currently, but I’ll be on the look out next time I get one.

While we’re on the subject, if anyone could answer this for me that’d be great:

How much should I trust sims? About 2 weeks ago I had a set up that put me around 30% haste and 31%ish crit but I’ve acquired some gear recently that I’ve simmed and it all pretty much points to tossing my crit gear in favor of…well, pretty much anything else. Like I have both the Void and Vita charged titanshards (heroic), as well as a 455 Gore Crusted Butcher’s Block, but instead of running Vita/Gore it’s telling me to run Vita/Void. I also just pulled a 470 Rezan’s Eye from my chest today.

My supposed current BiS sim puts me at 25% crit, 26% haste, 28% mast, and 11% vers, and I am running 3 CSHB traits. I just found it odd that my sims are telling me to wear other pieces without crit instead of favoring my crit pieces, even crit corrupted pieces.

Edit: Nevermind I’m an idiot. I realize I was simming patchwerk and it only makes sense that crit loses value on single target versus cleave. My multi target sim prioritizes crit heavily and with that set I’m over 35% crit.

Is it worth to have Twilight Dev for AoE in M+, or more consistent for just 2 Severe III’s?

I’d say Severe still outweighs TD, just because of the consistency.

On the ST topic though, what essences are you running?

Depends on the type of Keys you are running. Running a actual comp with a team that pulls certain amount of mobs? Or PUG life? The PUG life TD is a safe bet since well… you can never really trust the other dps to do a lot of damage.

1 Like

Are the 2% 3% and 4% crit damage increase not that much of a boost even though warriors stack crit? Is that because crit damage only helps if you’re critting 500k+?

Generally no.

We stack crit primarily to proc Gushing Wound, the bleed dot from our Cold Steel Hot Blood Azerite trait. The dot itself can’t crit, it’s just applied off Bloodthirst crits, and the damage doesn’t scale with crit damage.

2 Likes

My current problem with my Warrior is (he’s one of my alts im cloak is not capped yet) I have to choose between having TD3 from Devastation Hour, OR changing to a lower ilvl Gettikku so I can afford the corruption cost on Severes in my gear.

Should I just save the severe’s until I have more resistance? Or save DH?