Noticing a weird thing with Fury warriors using a 1h and a 2h

Am I…missing something here? I’ve noticed a few warriors doing this…granted, one was in PvE content, but another was in PvP, and another was in a raid!(LFR…but still…this sort of thing seems to be on the rise…) Are these people new players, or something…? Or is there some hidden buff that we don’t know about…?..That actually would be pretty cool though. I mean…to get some sort of buff or playstyle change because warriors are literally the only class that can do this.

The only reason you would ever consider doing this is if both weapons have a unique on hit effect that you’re willing to lose raw dps for.

Currently you will not do more damage in general by mixing 1h and 2h

Edit: I guess they could be alts that are gearing up and decided to keep a higher ilvl item even though it didn’t match the other weapon they had, probably not a dps increase in most cases I’d imagine as our attacks are currently based off of attack power and not weapon damage but I guess that’d depend on how big the ilvl difference was.

There’s no performance gain to mixing weapons. To get the SMF damage bonus, you need to be dual wielding 1hs.

TG has no bonus beyond the 2hs granting more stats, so by mixing weapons you’re just giving up the SMF bonuses, and wasting a slot that could’ve been a 2h. The only reason to do this is because you’re still gearing and (somehow) ended up with two weapons of a different class that are significantly higher than your pair.

1 Like