Nothing about Durotan's soul?

When Thrall and Draka reunite in Korthia, why didn’t either of them ask about Durotan’s soul? They both loved him dearly, Durotan would be a great fit for Maldraxxus along with Draka and I don’t think Draka witnessed Durotan’s death (Thrall definitely didn’t), so she wouldn’t know what happened to him.

I get that she wants to know what happened in Thrall’s life and that she’s technically a grandmother now, but it’s strange that the question of where Durotan’s is isn’t raised in-universe.

2 Likes

My guess would be partly trying to keep the faction representation at least somewhat even with whichever Mograine went there without bloating the roster with how many show up. And I think Blizzard just wanted to make a character out of Draka since she was basically a nobody before Shadowlands. Stick Durotan alongside her from the start, and she’d probably just be nothing more than “his wife” because players would probably care a little more about him just due to name recognition. And unless they have different personalities, it could be redundant to feature both of them at once.

Nah, he was always on the more chill side and kinda preferred to just be left alone.

He was a warrior, but he never craved battle. Him ending up in an afterlife where he gets to pet wolves all day is more fitting for him.

11 Likes

He got the better treatment.

He wasnt included in the terrible story.

25 Likes

Who are they going to ask? In case you have missed out on class…the only being that would know, the Arbiter has been out of commission since before the start of this storyline.

There are still more missing, e.g. Kargath, Blackhand, Kilrogg, Orgrim, Ner’zhul and Grom …

1 Like

You haven’t done the new raid yet i’m guessing?

1 Like

Of course :neutral_face:, but I wanted to see more of him.He should have interacted with us after the fight.
Ner’zhul was not treated well…

5 Likes

I believe that is kinda the point. Sometimes people just don’t have happy endings. Life is cruel like that.

An interaction would have been nice. Especially since the Horde is broken, but Blizz doesn’t take the opportunity…

2 Likes

Ner’zhul is the Rodney Dangerfield of Warcraft.

He don’t get no respect.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t get why they used Draka at all. She was never some legendary warrior in the lore and we already got to see a Draka/Thrall reunion in WoD, so seeing it again just lessens the impact. Why not use Doomhammer and Lothar for Horde and Alliance respectively?

5 Likes

I think that’s precisely why they used Draka. With her, they would be working with a clean slate to do almost anything with her. And no one would be able to say that Draka was going against her character because she didn’t really have one prior to Shadowlands.

Although I don’t doubt that her being a woman also played at least a minor role in her inclusion.

5 Likes

I suppose but at that point you might as well just make a new character.

I have nothing against Draka, but someone else would have been better. With the orcs, I made a few suggestions above as to who it should have been.

You are wrong

Tell that to the numerous people who have pitched Arthas movies that almost always minimalize or even completely disregards Ner’zhul.

4 Likes

He was an important character in Warcraft history and I think it’s a shame what Blizz has against him. WoD didn’t do Ner’zhul any good either, and it would be nice to interact with his soul.
But now it’s over :pensive:

4 Likes

Yeah Blizzard kind of ruined any dignity Ner’zhul had when they retconned the Lich King from being a fusion of Arthas and Ner’zhul to just Arthas totally taking over.

7 Likes

I thought at least one of them might raise the question of Durotan’s whereabouts. I get that at the meta level they wanted to give Draka some characterization, but from a lore perspective it makes no sense.

5 Likes

Well like half the “main” characters of Shadowlands are new. So it’s likely Blizzard went for a balance approach of old and new faces, men and women, LGBT characters and not LGBT characters.