Not So Welcome Vibe

As the title says. I made a fresh level 1 alt on this lovely server since I already have a 120 on here, figured why not level a alt to try a different class. Bad habit of mine is that I mostly afk on the road to goldshire or where ever, I was not really afk but not paying attention when working on my trp profile for this new alt when a person flew by and landed near me just tell me that “your gay lol” . Simple reaction is to ignore them and continue to work on my profile since I was on a time limit before getting ready for work, this person then tells me to hang on then brings two more friends of his. One of them kinda hangs back like the kid with the Movie 3-D glasses from 80’s movies who just stands there to laugh and another asked me about my orientation of course I said no then got told “well that case you dont belong on Moonguard , shoo shoo you arent allowed here, also no one levels here you should boost” im like yikes dude lol, but yes I know I couldve ignored them and went on my morning and shouldnt let some random get to me :space_invader:. Lesson learned not to let some :clown_face: get to me

Sorry you had this interaction. There are a lot of great people on MG so I would just ignore the trolls and ignorant people. Nothing against the people who enjoy Goldshire RP but it is a tourist attraction and not an accurate depiction of the MG community. Usually hanging out around the Blue Recluse and Park in Stormwind is okay for casual, random, more serious RP. Welcome to MG RP though. Hope your interactions get better!

3 Likes

Thank you and fully a greed about the trolls and spergs. Wont let them make me dislike this server

Someone else already posted something to this effect, but Goldshire tends to attract the seedier elements of this server, and is not indicative of the populace as a whole. Sorry you had this interaction, and I hope that you have better ones moving forward.

3 Likes

There’s your problem.
Don’t look for anything nice in Goldshire.

1 Like

I’d disagree with this one. Most of the people I’ve met in the Mage Quarter have been friendly. Like most places there are exceptions, but I tend to hang out around the Mage Quarter, and there’s a solid mix of people.

The Park also has some good RP going on in it usually.

2 Likes

Bullies! Where are they? I’ve got hooves and horns and I’m not afraid to use them!
If you ever see me on, come up an chat!

5 Likes

Most of the server is a freak show so I get where they’re coming from

1 Like

goldshire is a dirty sess pool, If you are looking for good rp or places to afk go to stormwind.

2 Likes

Sorry this happened to you. Goldshire has a lot of jerks as the others above have stated. There are diamonds in the rough, but most often not. Alot of good suggestions here though.

1 Like

So where is the Horde version of Goldshire? I’m thinking of making a Horde alt for RP on this server, but I wanna know what their equivalent is, so I can see it for myself… failing that, I guess I’ll just gear up, turn WM on… and raise some hell as a belf DH in Goldshire… do you guys even raid on this server, or what?

Oh that’s easy Silvermoon lol!

1 Like

Yes, people play the game on this server lol

i’ve been thinking of either rolling an alt, or bringing one over as well, but i’ve heard people can be extremely hostile, rude and volatile. i’ve already encountered a few bad eggs on another server (Horde side so far only though) so i’m kinda on the fence atm about MG. :confused:

but as every one else said, i’m sorry you had to experience this kind of thing OP. there are decent players in WoW still, and if it had more people like that, then it’d be a MUCH better experience than it is IMO.

and Yveti is one of those decent players i just mentioned. if i end up coming to MG and i encounter some rudeness, i may feel compelled to seek you out or possibly anyone else for that matter.

oh…sorry for this OP. wasn’t trying to hijack your thread or anything. ._.

2 Likes

Awwww… that is so sweet! Yes, come to MG! If you happen to see me trotting around, come say hi! I love making new friends! And the more good players we have running around, the less bad ones we end up with. And if they give you any grief . . . I will hoof stomp em in some not so nice areas! grrr face

3 Likes

I am also sorry you had this interaction near to my establishment. I hope the Hyperbads on the server don’t drive good TRP users away. The area is very rowdy but no one should ever be bullied in such a fashion :frowning:

1 Like

Haters have a job to do

far as i’m concerned they can take their hate elsewhere…like games where hatred is encouraged and allowed to fester and grow. >.>

Communities grow by promoting cooperation and good will which is especially true of RP communities. In turn communities will collapse due to prejudice, hate, and drama becoming too prevalent. When it happens its sad to see cause all it does is drive a wedge between people where there could have been pleasant interaction otherwise. Unfortunately its more of a human tendency to lean towards our less than kind mannerisms in general. Its easy to be a jerk especially where you have the anonymity of the internet shielding you from the sort of backlash you’d face IRL. All it truly takes to be kind however is to just be kind, treat others with respect without expecting it in return, and to promote a positive attitude. Sure it might be easy to be a jerk, but being kind isn’t impossible or all that hard to do either. Anyhow there is some food for thought. Hope you and others who’ve experienced the same problems only have to deal with that on the rarer occasion. Would truly be a sad day if that became the regular norm.

2 Likes

There are spergs on every server, but I truly believe Moon Guard is the best US realm to be in. I’ve been involved in both the Horde and the Alliance communities ever since I transitioned from EU to US in late WoD, and have never even considered going to another realm. If you need a buddy, hit me up, this is my new main for Shadowlands so I’ll be on this char a lot, as I rarely play other games. Wish you all the luck, man.