Not receiving Echoes of Ny'Alotha, unable to see essences for purchase on MOTHER anymore

I was at one time able to get Echoes and see Essences available to purchase from MOTHER. I am no longer receiving them or see any essences for purchase on MOTHER, I only see a dialogue option. I was doing visions on Monday 3/23 and did receive some Echoes but stopped receiving on my last run. Also raided Ny’Alotha, the Waking City on Wednesday 3/25 and received none while others were looting them fine. I believe this is a bug for one of my characters, as my alt seems to receive Echoes fine and can purchase essences from MOTHER.

2 Likes

Did you purchase all of the available essences that you had unlocked?

1 Like

[date=2020-03-28 timezone="[date=2020-03-28 timezone=“America/Los_Angeles” Deathmaiden (main) 120 Nightelf DK Rhinorick#1896 I have same problem as Forgotmyname on Sunday 3/22/20 I stopped receiving echoes of Nyalotha from anything and then on 3/26/20 Mother no longer gives me a choice to view or buy synthesized essences - only choice is to cleanse a corrupted item - all my alts are still getting echoes and buying essences from Mother only my main is affected any ideas on how to get this fixed? Gm on tickets say they can not do anything HELP

As Momonohime asked and implied, if you purchased all available rank 3 essences (on the 22nd, when you stopped receiving Echoes) your alts had that your main did not, you will no longer have the option to buy them, nor will you accrue Echoes.

It is a catch-up mechanic, not the express way to collecting essences. You still need to earn an essence the intended way before it’s available from Mother for your other characters.

2 Likes

I had not purchased them. In my OP I had indicated that I can’t even view the essences on MOTHER, plus when I stopped receiving them, the only thing that changed was leaving a vision and entering a new one.

I should at the very least, with the 2nd change they made, been able to buy the tier 3 of off spec essences when I have the tier 3 of my main spec.

Not being able to even see the essences on MOTHER seems odd to me, maybe not getting essences is correct, but not being able to view them at all seems like a bug.

1 Like

I’m not seeing the option on my main, this has been an issue since this option was introduced. Blizzards care and quality team was decimated by Activision so is this the new normal?

Why would your main be eligible to buy essences? Did you unlock rank 3 essences on an alt that you didn’t on your main? Because that’s the only circumstance in which a main character would be getting Echos.

1 Like

same here, suddenly for no reason and without having bought anything from her, the “buying option” dissapeared… I can only cleanse items now

Basically the vendor dissapears completely from MOTHER if you dont have any essences available for purchase and you cannot get any new echoes either.

This is completely dumb seeing as all the other essences are already grayed out and locked to you unkess you have rank 3. The only reason i see as to why blizz is causing all this confusing is because they want to add time gating mechanic to the catch up system.

Sad

Stupid for her not to still have them show up, so you can see what essences you could potentially purchase, if you had the ability to do so. The ones you couldn’t buy were previously in red. Why make them even unavailable to see? Blizzard really needs to stop such idiocy. BFA has been one big crapfest, with idiotic decisions, by the devs.