Not phasing to party members, need to go to sanctuary?

You can be in the exact same point in the quests… all of them, and it will still phase party members. This bug needs squashing, and fast.

2 Likes

is it really a bug though? Because if you hover your mouse over the circle/phase button next to your friends profile it clearly states instructions on how to go to sanctuaries to get to the same shard… the fact that is in there seems to indicate this was intended…

1 Like

To get party members back together we all had to go to an inn and then all logoff and back in again. Just going to town area wasn’t enough. You don’t design a system like that… that’s how they end up when you miss something. Trying to put together an outdoor 40 man raid could take a week like that.

2 Likes

Seriously disappointing, I hope its a bug … been so so so very annoying trying to level with my SO…like its supposed to be a social game right?

1 Like

Jumped through the various hoops last night of going back to Oribos to phase in together. Started questing and then played a BG. My group then got phased away from each other AGAIN after the BG ended. I don’t think this is working as intended.

It’s looking like it’s intentional and not a bug. I hope its temporary. I hardly am seeing anyone out here, so getting a group for things you can’t solo or for rares that require multiple people, like Nikara is not happening. For me at least.

All these people questing are not going to want to go back to Oribos just to summon a rare to kill. Or whereever there is another Sanctuary.

4 Likes

This is complete bullcrap

5 Likes

Awful change.

5 Likes

Yea thanks to this “bug”, some of the people I know now opt to solo the rares for 10min rather than going back to oribos. Ain’t no one going back to oribos to group up. It just ain’t happinin, blizz.

4 Likes

Adding my name to the list of frustrated people. I can’t group up with my friend who lives in the same house, is in the same guild, on the same server, and on the same questline with me, unless we go all the way back to Oribos first. What logic is that, and how did it make it through the Beta when it was extended for ‘fine tuning?’

1 Like

It literally turns WoW into diablo.

I don’t know why Blizzard hates people trying to hop shards, they’re the ones who turned the game into this mess.

Not only does it punish friends and family who want to quest together, it also makes the world feel really empty and the exact opposite of an MMO.

4 Likes

Guys this is CLEARLY on purpose, if it was a bug the tool tip wouldn’t say “go to a sanctuary to join the same phase”.

This was an intended and totally stupid pointless change.

Goodbye to ever grouping up for quests/events/rares ever again (aka the whole reason lots of us play an MMO instead of a single player game.) People will join in a sanctuary, fly/ride to the quest/rare/whatever to “join their team” who will already have long annihilated said quest/rare/whatever.
Wanna try again with a different group? Well back to oribous for you to rinse and repeat.

Once again tedium for the sake of tedium. Blizzard are unreal, they really have outdone themselves on this one. :woman_facepalming:t2: :woman_facepalming:t2: :woman_facepalming:t2: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s definitely a bug. Blue has acknowledged it and everything, here: Party phasing problem - #13 by Itzali-11154

Lame unless they ramp up keeping people from the same server always/almost always in the same shard.

On one hand server hop gaming is stupid, and the “interaction” of clicking a button and having people appear to kill a WQ boss aren’t really things I’ll miss. But same server cluster/same guild and such really need to be on the same shards as much as practical.

That doesn’t prove it’s a bug, that just proves that blues often have no clue what the hell is or isn’t meant to be in the game.

Having a tooltip stating you need to go to a sanctuary to phase and wowhead article stating that this was intentional leads me to believe blizzard intended this 100%.

2 Likes

That’s the bug report forum. The blues that post there typically know a lot more than your typical CS person.

So after looking into this a bit, turns out that no. It’s not a bug. It’s intended:

Whether this is a temporary change remains to be seen. All I know is it’s a really stupid move. Time again I keep thinking they can’t possibly make a more stupid decision. Time and again blizz proves me wrong. SMH.

2 Likes

It was intended but as of a new hotfix either live now or in future it will be removed. The idea was if you grouped up with a friend randomly in Bastion (and you are party leader), your friend would have to go to a Shadowlands Sanctuary location (ie Oribos or a zone sanctuary like Heros Rest in Bastion). Once that condition was met then you can do content together. The idea for the new system (as Blizz themselves confirmed it was intended) was to prevent realm hopping.

2 Likes

Hello, I am just curious as I’m upset with this change, where did you see that this will be removed in a hotfix? I hope you’re right.

Edit: NVM found it

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/grouping-in-the-shadowlands/736070

I can /kinda/ understand the phasing thing for GROUP FINDER parties, but even with parties with people from my own realm?

I invited my boyfriend to my group (both on WrA) and he had to fly to Oribos and back to join my phase. Hello? What the intended purpose for this?

Edit: just saw the hotfix change. Glad they reverted it.

1 Like