Not one class Covenant is BiS for PVP and PVE

Don’t bet your house on it. Cause sure as hell melee will come out in front like always.

Now, even if we just ignore the skill requirement for a moment, this still doesnt fit with covenants.
If you gotta invest 10 hours for CE and 10 hours for glad in BFA, in SL you have to also invest 10 hours into CE, then another 20 hours to level and gear a second character up to your mains niveau and only then can you go to the arena and compete without arbitrary burdens.
There is no higher skill needed, only mindless grinding to get to where you were with your main anyways to avoid the pitfalls of an unnecessary system. If you enjoy these mindless grinds, good for you. I dont.

RAlph is that you ?

I’ve already decided I was gonna play what was best in PVP and let my covenant be what it is for PVE. The problem I have is one of the trees is best for both roles I’m going to play (healer/dps) and I can only have 1 of the specs conduits in that tree per week. So I’m going to be forced to play a gimped tree on 1 of my specs due to conduits contributing so much to throughput The conduits should work like glyphs/talents and be separated by Spec! I should not have to have a dedicated character for ONLY healing and ONLY dps and be able to main a CLASS, NOT A SPEC!!!

Their stated goal is that there will not be exactly the same builds between most of the same class. This is accomplishing that goal, and it’s great.

Alex what is Hunter Mark

Probably the most widely despised ability over all hunter specs .

There has been a calls to either remove the gcd ,or the 5% damage part of it or just flat out make it a pvp talent .

Read through here and you will see how much hunters for the most part hate it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-hunter-class-changes/490705

2 Likes

Blizzard got rid of PvP gear because they said they wanted people to easily do both forms of content. Yet now they once again increased the barrier to entry. Makes zero sense.

I’m cool with it if they stop screwing pvpers on PvP gear though. Make up your mind blizzard.

There is never going to be balance and thinking they can do so with things like covenant class abilities is not realistic so the next best thing is to just remove them from the covenants and let people choose the best ability for the content or the spec they are playing at the time .

This will free people up to choose the covenant they want to represent and not have to bounce from covenant to covenant in order to enjoy their game play .

I want my rp tea party vampy goth covenant but I know after all is said and done the game play is what is going to keep me playing longer so I am going with the covenant that gives me both a good st and cleave as well as addresses focus problems hunters are having in SL beta. I’m just hoping it works well with when I do pvp because I can’t have the better pvp ability because the system won’t let me choose to enjoy the game the way I like to play it.

And that’s your prerogative. It doesn’t mean the game should bend to cater to your every whim. It does that enough already.

I believe they play world of tanks

Speaking of world of tanks shouldn’t you be over there since it is so much more of a complex game then wow

1 Like

It definitely is.

But I prefer to mock the people that need to consult 2020’s version of a game guide before they even attempt to play a game that’s simple to begin with.

This one has never been level two characters of the same class to get skills on the same spec that allow you to do all content, so stop reaching lol.

It’s amazing to me that people can stare down similar warnings people gave about systems in BFA and not flinch.

Like do you really believe most people will be ok with this? People weren’t ok with the Azerite grind and that did not require two of the same damn spec.

You can fool yourself on this one, but stop trying to fool others.

1 Like

Those players are most likely people who only play leveling content, and don’t do much end game. I doubt it is common for someone to end game with more then 1 character seriously is common.

Actually it was quite diffeent when Ion stated that PvErs should have a 10% advantage in PVP for playing more Game Modes.

Your actually a lucky one.

Disc and Shadow, PVP and PVE all benefit heavily from Mind Games.

As bad as covenants are balance wise no covenant should be BIS for both PvE and PvP. The division between the two needs to be greater. Being successful at PvE should not benefit you in PvP at all.

I agree, it’s inconvenient, but at least it’s inconvenient for all players equally. Its like they’re taking it back to vanilla in a sense. It was painful for me to build a tank and then need to pay an escalating fee to swap to DPS.

It sucks, but I get their philosophy, I think they’re trying to re-cement the holy Trinity of tank -heals-dps. As mainly a PVE’er, this hurts, because we’re going back to the days of PVP gear and PVP’ers having an inherent advantage over the person who doesn’t dedicate everything to PVP.

Then the damn system should exist if it’s going to force us into one or the other

1 Like