Not looking forward to M+

I’m not sure if anyone feels the same but after doing all the dungeons on M+0, I’m not looking forward to M+ at all. The amount of mechanics while dealing with affixes seems to be more of a headache then actual fun. And I’m not talking about most of the bosses.

The amount of trash mobs just feels unnecessary and the number of mechanics and CC they do is frustrating. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me? I can’t imagine healing any of these.

2 Likes

Why are healers the only demographic that doesn’t want to play the game? Seriously. Tanks too to some degree.

1 Like

As a tank, the puzzle of the dungeon is fine, it’s dealing with the apes that I take issue with. Most the time dps aren’t playing the game, they created their own game of who can hump the meter the most.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to it!

Mechanically, the new dungeons are incredibly light compared to some previous expansions. You still have to do said mechanics though, such as controlling the mobs that are cc’ing your group…

no clue what this person is talking about, i play all 3 roles and am very excited for the season to begin!

1 Like

I only play 1 and I’m super pumped. I’m not excited for a couple of specific dungeons, but they aren’t in s1 anyway.

Most of my hype comes from the 4 rehashed anyway. The mega dungeons for me were hit and miss because they were designed to be 1 aoe dungeon and a st dungeon (tazavesh broke this trend and I’m happy about that) and therefore, S4 had 2 dungeons that were pretty unfun (Upper and Workshop).

I’m fearful about temple, but I’m remaining open to it. The 10 I did try was disbanded because someone left at the first boss.

1 Like

I’m very excited. Got 5 tanks to 70. Doubt I’ll pug much in the first month. Thing that people need to remember is most players are had at the game. If they don’t interupt do mechanics ECT. Don’t invite them move on. If players do that. Add them and play together.

1 Like

Because early expansion, low groups heavily crutch on healer’s carrying groups by overhealing them through mechanical failure. Which makes the experience annoying instead of fun for healers.

But it’s just moot dramatics, considering you’ll be far removed from players that ignore mechanics very shortly after M+ opens up and you push a little bit.

But I’m excited for it. First couple weeks are probably gonna be a little rough, but I love healing dungeons. I appreciate being able to play an important role and do a good job for people.

1 Like

Seems more tamed than Shadowlands, idk what you are complaining about.

1 Like

It’s pretty manageable when DPS are actually doing their job at kicking/stunning.

In the low keys thats often not the case, and I tend to just view that as practice for higher keys where unavoidable damage ramps up significantly.

1 Like

I did my first +5 and even with a wipe we still managed to +2 it. Wasn’t as bad as I though but it was the Ruby Pool dungeon.

I agree 100%. I haven’t done a single dungeon this expac that I liked.
I even respecced out of healing on all my classes bc healing them is a nightmare. I’m blowing everything almost every other fight bc tanks pull like clowns and DPS (and even me) can’t avoid all of the splash damage.

1 Like

My personal experience doing mythics so far is that the healers I have gotten (I have done 5-8 mostly) ABSOLUTELY do not want to put in the work to heal. Either I have terribly lazy healers, or some mechanics are brutally overtuned. I play guardian druid and every dungeon I was 60%+ of the healing done - not just to myself, but honestly my aoe proc heal should NOT be doing more healing than a literal healing specialization with the same item level gear.

DPS don’t interrupt until I tell them what spells are dangerous. Many buffs are not being purged/soothed/etc. Point is we are at the very start of an xpac, and while I did 2 weeks of research and testing when DF dropped a vast majority of players want to experience and learn as they play.

Be patient and informative. If you don’t know, aren’t sure, or feel uncomfortable with some pulls then you need to clarify what is happening incorrectly or strategize with your group better. Perhaps you won’t be geared enough to handle certain mechanics or dungeons. I struggled IMMENSELY with Algethar 8 due to tree boss adds and low damage from my dps due to gear and mechanic avoidance.

Healers are use to not healing and getting carried. Currently they have heal now and do mechanics. Healers I play with and know are doing fine. Healers that I run into in pugs are just terrible. Few times Ive had dps out heal then on pulls. Hopefully they learn but if not will see a sea of qq threads.

2 Likes