NOT getting the XP boost!

been playing on a newer alt toon (was level 64, when I started to play on it, tonight) after a few hours of questing… I’m only level 65 and all the xp I’ve been receiving from the quests range roughly from 296 - 2k ! Where’s the boost!!!

Not ONLY that boost, but I’m using ALL heirlooms, except rings and have “War Mode” on…

(in case it matters, I’ve been questing in Desolace and the surrounding areas)

what’s going on?

What zone are you currently questing in?

just logged off, but am in desolace

Guess it depends where ur questing if at 60+ and ur still in azeroth u wont be benifiting from bonus exp u should be in outland northrend not sure about the heirlooms.

Experience in an expansion drops off dramatically once you outlevel it. It’s especially noticeable when you’re 5-10 levels higher.

Ok, yes that does matter. You earn 90% less xp in these zones, you have to move to the zones that level you from 60-80, meaning Northrend or Outland.

It does matter. At level 60, you need to be in Outland or Northrend to get full XP. In Azeroth, all XP is slashed by 90% at level 61+.

" If you’re staying inside and find yourself returning to Azeroth, or if you’re leveling another character (or two), you’ll be getting a special bonus to help you on your way. Beginning today through April 20, 2020 all players in Battle for Azeroth will gain an experience buff called “Winds of Wisdom” which will increase experience gains by 100%! (This includes Starter Edition and Legion players as well.)

Players will also be able to take advantage of this experience boost while still using their favorite heirlooms. It won’t take long before you’ll be facing off with the Old God N’Zoth and his minions in Ny’alotha, the Waking City.

exact quote… says nothing about ONLY in certain areas… all the enemies are/have been leveled near/if not at my level still…so… why would I not get full xp, before the boost and then add the boost?

But if u outlvl it still decreses the exp you get that hasnt changed.

Because it isn’t about only in certain areas. You are getting twice the appropriate experience in Desolace for a level 65 character.

makes no sense to slash xp down in azeroth, if the area is leveled to you…

60 is considered old zone anything over 60 is outland and northrend.

Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor (with the exception of the zones added in Cataclysm, I believe) scale with you until level 60. You are beyond their range, so you are getting the appropriate experience from trivial content, and it is being doubled by the boost.

You need to move on to Wrath (Northrend) or Burning Crusade (Outland) content in order to start getting the full benefit again.

guess I’ll move that toon to the next area, tomorrow

For instnace if u scroll ur mouse over desolace it will 40-60 in grey wich means you wont get good exp mostly better gold rewards if you scroll over northrend and outland it will be either green to yellow which means its where u should be questing to optimize ur exp.

thanks all…

was wondering why the xp and my leveling sudden;y hit a wall (was just following story lines/quests…)

But they should stop levelling up with you at 60, hence the need to move to the next expansion. When BFA was released, they combined Outland and Northrend to work up to level 80. At 81 you will want to move to Pandaria or Cataclysm Zones, at 91 you will want to move on to Warlords of Draenor, from 101 to Legion and by 111 Battle for Azeroth. This experience level decrease once reach certain stages has been present for a significant time, only the zones you could level in were changed with BfA.

The next expansion with the level cap squish will also change all zones in the future also.

1 Like