Not getting the Mount even though I didn't change my sub

I submitted a ticket last week since I hadn’t received the 6-month sub rewards. I was told that I had either canceled my sub or changed my payment method, none of which I did. My subscription had just renewed in June with no issues. I am now being told I need to pay another $77 in order to get the mount. I don’t feel this is fair seeing how I just paid and made no changes to my account. This is beyond frustrating since I don’t feel heard, at all. There was no error or wrongdoing on my end yet I just get a “copy and paste” answer from those that answered my tickets.

I did not cancel my subscription, so this shouldn’t be a difficult fix. I just want to be heard as a long-time customer and not be brushed off. Someone, please help!

1 Like

When you go to the link below, does it let you “Manage” your subscription for your account or does it have the option to “Add Subscription”?

Also, if the payment method is still active, then it should show you the next date that the subscription will be billed.

https://account.battle.net/games

Unfortunately though, there are no GMs on the forums. If you want to have a GM take another look to see that the subscription is still setup (not just game time, but an active subscription), then you can do that by re-opening your ticket and asking for them to take a second look.

4 Likes

I understand that, Holy, but unfortunately, we can only go off of what our systems report. From the display I’m seeing, it appears the subscription was activated 6/2 at 4:16:15 UTC, then at 4:21:16 the subscription was updated and canceled.

Our staff doesn’t mean to make it seem like they are brushing you off, but there is little more than can do based on what they are seeing. I am very sorry.

4 Likes

Ask yourself why would I cancel it 5 minutes after I activated it. Why is there no solution for something I did not do and from my standpoint is an error in your system? This costs you nothing to fix, you’re going to make long-time customers want to unsubscribe with these tactics. Look at my account history, how often have I asked for things over the last 14+ years?

I initially signed up for the 6-month sub to get the rewards but, I cannot afford to “reactivate” my sub every time your system decided to set me to inactive.

Are you paying with a card? I had an issue for awhile with my sub getting cancelled because of an issue with the bank and the card being locked as a result. I’d make sure there isn’t any issues on the payment end, that could be causing the issue.

3 Likes

I use a bank card but, it’s been the same card that I’ve used for quite some time and have never had an issue.

Our staff tries to help when they can, but sometimes their hands are tied.

That isn’t a question I could answer. It also isn’t unusual, a lot of people activate a subscription and then almost immediately cancel it to avoid the recurring aspect of it.

I’m not sure if there is anything that can be done here, but I agree that your history shows it is far more likely that you’d retain your subscription than cancel it. I have made some inquiries, but I don’t know if that will bear any fruit.

Let me ask, when you look at your subscriptions page, is the subscription currently active from your side? Or do you have the option to add a subscription?

4 Likes

I’d check anyway! I was using the same card for years as well and the bank still put a lock on it because of a purchase they flagged. I had no idea until I called them about it. Worst comes to worst you at least check this off as not the source of your problem!

:dracthyr_yay_animated:

2 Likes

I only have the option to reactivate my subscription by paying another $77.

Vrakthris, I appreciate you taking the time to look into the and have an actual conversation about this.

I want this block of gametime now, however do not want it to auto renew. Further i am scared i will forget to cancel

I would venture to guess ask 100 people this question and get at least 80% this answer or a variation

Edit to add: i am not saying you did this or this is why you might have done this. Just the most valid reason to the question i could think of.

If this is an absolute error on their part it is my sincere hope that Vrak can get you a satisfactory resolution.

The card issuer would not have the ability to cancel a recurring subscription, they would have just refused the transaction from going through in the first place.

Worst case scenario, since it sounds like you typically maintain an active subscription, is that you reactivate and get dinged for the next 6-month period immediately. But I can absolutely understand that going that route may not always fit one’s budget.

I usually do this, because it is the most cost-effective way to purchase six months of game time, and I don’t want to take the chance that the next billing cycle might fall just before payday and possibly overdraft my account. It just so happens that the exact opposite happened to me — I went to activate a fresh 6-month subscription to claim the mount, and discovered that I forgot to cancel it last time.

I just feel like if I reactivate it I’ll be screwed out of money since I just paid in June. That’s my biggest concern with reactivating this early. If it were like a month or so towards the end of the sub I wouldn’t be this upset about it.

I wouldn’t say you’re screwed out of it, per se-- it’s just going to push your renewal date forward that additional six months so you would be getting what you’re paying for, in addition to the promotional mount.

But as has been mentioned, I echo the sentiment about it being a matter of convenience and timing.

3 Likes

By re-activating now, it would immediately add an additional 6-months of game time to your account. You’d be able to see that in the account link I provided earlier too. It wouldn’t be just re-activating a subscription, it would be pre-paying for an additional 6-months.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t lose any money though. You would still get exactly what you have paid for as the game time would be added on at the very end of the current time you already have on the account. You would not want to cancel the sub afterwards though as that would cause the mount removal as the sub must be active and set to rebill when it comes due again.

1 Like

Hey Holy, a bit of an update on this. It looks like they found the issue. It impacted a limited amount of folks, and should already have been fixed so it shouldn’t happen going forward.

That said, while I can’t make any guarantees, they are looking into those who were impacted by it and seeing what can be done.

10 Likes

Vrakthris,

Thank you so much for digging into this. Your dedication truly means a lot. I’m sure I will need to renew my current subscription to get the mount but I feel better knowing that this shouldn’t be an issue in the future. Again, many thanks for all of your hard work. <3

3 Likes

Hey Holy,

Looks like there has been an update to this and folks in your situation should now have the mount. Can you check?

It also should have been a one time issue, which has been resolved so you shouldn’t have to worry about your subscription mysteriously canceling or otherwise not counting.

3 Likes

Greetings Vrakthris!

I have received the mount! Hurray! Thank you so much for your diligence in following through with this issue, you should be commended for your dedication.

4 Likes