Not gaining XP in Legion dungeons at lvl 36

So I am lvl 36 on this char and left Chromie Time to have a friend help me do some Legion dungeons (she’s a lvl 50 tank) for the class hall quests and I am not gaining exp from anything whether it’s clearing trash or beating the bosses. Is the only way to gain exp to still be Chromie time or is it just bugged for me?

It could be that you’re in party with a level 50 character killing trivial mobs? IIRC they did some changes when they were messing with level speed during legion.

What level is Legion content outside of Chromie Time? I know it caps at 45, but what level range is Legion ‘normally’? Or does each expansion even have its own level range anymore?

It scales to you whether you are in chromie time or not so when I grouped up my lvl 50 partner was seeing lvl 50 enemies and I was seeing them as 36

But a level 50 can’t be in Chromie time, and no, a L50 does not see L50 mobs in Legion areas, they see L45-46 mobs.

In any case, with how fast leveling is, it’s probably intended that a L50 negates XP for lower level characters in non-BFA areas. Maybe try having the L50 party sync to you? It should temporarily lower their level to allow you to get XP.

No, this is a bug with chromie time. If you do not have a chromie time selected you get downscaled to level 30. Level 50s can also join chromie time dungeons by using the party sync feature.

If you want to group with someone and do a dungeon and you are just doing BFA for leveling (no chromie time) then make sure you party sync first before queuing if you are above level 30.

This obviously has to be a bug but it is what’s happening. I join party chromie times with my 50 all the time to crush the DPS and make the run go faster, and even on alts if our friend who is leveling through BFA gets very limited XP and all level 30 item drops if we forget to party sync before queuing.

If everyone in the group has a chromie time selected its not a problem, the problem is for people in a group who do not have a chromie time selected and are leveling through BFA. In that case ALWAYS party sync (from the map) before queuing.