Not enough conquest

Not enough conquest. If I finish the PVP weekly for sparks or blitz etc. I should get 100 conquest for each win 50 for losing. Idk all I know is that it’s too slow. Why make it a grind?

PVE gear grinding makes at least more sense, given you have to assemble a group and everyone knows who is invited and what their facing what dungeon or raid etc.

Unrated/blitz PVP is unpredictable, there’s different maps for each mode so it is unfair to make an under geared player grind through losses and basically be carried by random players in order to get conquest faster.

Gearing path is too antiquated. Win = tier piece. Cap ilvl for all slots except rings and make them take longer to get instead of having to slog through each slot and do homework on what us BiS. If I make a mistake gearing it’s not like I’m replaceable, the team doesn’t choose to play with me in Random BGs. There’s already a bunch of ways to screw up in PVP if I threw the game due to poor positioning, baited kicks, other skill issues, heck or even leaving the game, that’s my fault.

Am I supposed to feel like it’s my fault for not waiting for queues and not getting carried till I have acceptable gear? BiS takes forever or feels like forever, when getting pounded on by a bunch of caster scum and duo rogues, bounced of ledges cyclone to flag capture etc. Like c’mon.

PvE players get to restart the run at least. And like I said, they can choose their teammates etc. I know LFG and LFR this isn’t the case but it’s also super easy, and ilvl requirements can be achieved quickly.

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s a grind because blizz doesn’t understand much beyond the time-played metric. Also because of the PvPers who prop up that system because they want a gearing edge over any and all opponents, even for casual/unrated PvP.

6 Likes

Agreed.

PvP gear should not be a weeks long grind to get.

Good PvP, sustainable PvP needs a low bar to entry and relatively even and quick gearing, Let us grind for cosmetics etc later.

2 Likes

I quit playing for 8 years and only recently came back. I have found it incredibly easy to gear up my main and a couple of alts. Especially now that the conquest cap has been removed. I found that I could get a new piece playing about 2 hours a day. I don’t know how they could make it any easier without just giving you everything in a template. Which would feel unrewarding.

This is an MMORPG. Even in pvp, it is important that you feel your character is getting stronger as you progress. It is exciting to get a weapon or get a set bonus from your second or fourth tier piece. Character progression is a core element of an MMORPG.

4 Likes

Playing a 2 or less hours a day, sometimes 0 hours, Ive made duplicate crafted items for different stats for testing, bought 3 conquest weapons just for transmog.
I ran out of uses for conquest, like 6 weeks ago I think. Pretty sure the game awards enough conquest, athough I would love to earn more faster at the beginning of a season when I need it.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure but most of us have like three or four geared out toons a month ago and I’m a dirty casual I play on the weekends here and there. Come on man put some effort into it. It’s practically raining conquest points

1 Like

I don’t know about you, I’m an average player and I feel pretty good in all greens with lesser enchants. Won 5 bgb in a row on my dk just griefing the healers.

1 Like

Your conquest was Yummy :yum:

2 Likes

I’d be happy with all gear scaling to within like 5-8 ilvl and then conquest for the rest. Minimal gear gap, gear just to min max

That being said they should never, ever, give you substantial conquest gains for losses. Even if your intentions are good and you’d play to win, conquest for losses would encourage a lot of players to not try and get it over with ASAP. Throw the game, lose as soon as possible as losing quick would yield more than winning slowly

They should have other rewards that you can work towards slowly, win or lose, like titles, achievements, toys, portraits for your character. But not loser conquest

2 Likes

They’re speeding up Conquest acquisition a bit in the next expansion, and the weapon is awarded through a PvP quest (think it’s earning 2500 Conquest to complete the quest).

I think this is only a problem of late season. Especially if you don’t have the conquest box unlocked. They should make Spoils of War buff interactive based on how much you are behind. If you start this late into the season, first win should give you like 2000 conquest, then 1000, 500 etc until it scales back to normal.

jus make it so any1 can send cp box 2 alt

Same for honor gains for the vault. Conquest/honor is really slow especially for alts, and by the time you get full conquest on your main often if you’re not someone that’s trying to push ALL SEASON to some higher rating you stop queueing and stop gaining. Right now with Blitz, premades, etc you can go on long lose streaks because you’ll get people that don’t heal, have no gear, etc.

Sorry we lost the BG bro. Good to see you.

2 Likes

Good game bro! Yeah I don’t think that was our fault lol

2 Likes

PvP gearing is the fastest it’s ever been and still too long.

2 Likes

I was top damage and trying to be with the objectives.
I didn’t t stick around to see what the healing done looked like, but if I died with one of the flag carriers, there was plenty of people fighting in the middle. I think they gave up after the first enemy cap.

Oh I was like 20 mil over the next healer but that don’t count. I was on my monk which is basically cheating and it’s not rated . Monk heals are so stupidly broken anyone can just cheese their way on mistwraver right now they are the mm hunters of healing

2 Likes

Some players want a gearing power gap in PvP so they have a significant advantage over others. The longer the grind, the harder it is to catch up. They get to keep their advantage more.

1 Like

Your gear was yummy :yum: