Not denting people. Gear or Class?

Case in point: in Stormwind I got beat by “Boxxie-Elune”, some 225k Sin. I figured he would be easy but it turns out that he’s a smurf. All he did was spam CC. I was CC’ed for longer than 20+ sec., because he also had Quaking Palm racial. It didn’t help that I had the “Derptation”(a coined term from a friend) talent. Imagine what you can do with 20 seconds for free, paid by your opponent. Shoot, with my burst as a Marks, I could gank 2-3 people with 20 seconds. In fact, MM WPvP strategy is exactly how Robert McCall kills multiple people in The Equalizer.

It was the old-style RogueCraft play that got him just that one W. The rest were D’s as I kept having to retreat into the Stocks. But if the Sin rogue was truly a pro, then he should have known the one class/spec he COULD do that to is a Marks.

We haven’t even got to the part where I had control of character. I still had to mouse-turn and face him, which is never easy when melee can attack at all 360 degrees and I can only attack at 0-180. Any good melee knows that as soon as my HARDCASTING BAR was 95% done, a simple step in the 180-360 degree zone canceled it. He still had Evasion, and Smoke Screen. The best I netted for damage was down to 40%. That’s impressive given that I have only two incaps that break on damage, and both are easily trinketed. No baseline stuns, no mitis, and no true immunities.

When it comes to skill, we were about the same. Any lesser-skilled Marks would have been cherry-tapped by this guy, but he used everything he got to avoid taking an L. The only advantage I had was gear. Hunters, as a class, is bust. Marksman, as a spec, is bust. But I played my best and I smoked 1 L and a handful of D’s vs. one of the finest Sin rogues I’ve seen in a LONG time.

Anyone who’s interested in Rogue PvP this S3 shouldn’t get their hopes up, because MM and SV are rare in the field. I even told my friend on Bnet that rogues are still bottom feeders because I guarantee that any class/spec higher up than MM on the pecking order and that would have been his happy blue butt. He also played the only one spec that is even competitive. OL is less forgiving and Sub is discontinued(can I get a hallelujah amen!)

1 Like

Zex you are certified nuts-wacko.

I do enjoy reading your posts though.:joy:

2 Likes

“Not Understanding Terms of Surrender”. Indeed, I am. I’ve been through the “Bastogne” of this class!

1 Like