Not charged for item upgrades

See title. I upgraded a chest piece at the upgrade NPC and didn’t notice that I wasn’t charged for the upgrade. Because I have the memory of a goldfish and forgot that I had ‘spent’ my currency, I later went and upgraded a shoulder piece… and also wasn’t charged for that, either. Is there anything I can do to have my epic shoulder piece restored to its original, rare, ilevel? I had exactly enough currency to upgrade my chest piece and did want to upgrade that…

[Left intentionally vague so as not to spread knowledge of the affected currency further – more details are in my ticket: US89805510 ]

it’s well documented and affects item upgrades in general for currency atm. plus ilvl’s are screwy as well. many players also can not actually perform an upgrade.

Open a support ticket and explain exactly what items and what happened. A GM should be able to assist you.

1 Like

Yeah, people are reporting that they’ll get 405 PvE ilevel on certain pieces of PvP gear… that also claims it’ll go up to 472 ilevel in PvP… <_<’

That said, I’ve already filed a ticket. -points at the ticket ID-

Finally got a response to the ticket…

[Editing mine]

…now what? I’m absolutely, positively certain that I upgraded both my Drakebreaker’s Vest and Drakebreaker’s Epaulets from 366 PvE ilevel (408 PvP) to 385 PvE ilevel (421 PvP) and was not charged for either upgrade.

For the record:
Yes, the Drakebreaker’s Vest that I upgraded I did acquire recently, as I was seeing that my epic, 376 ilevel version (408 PvP) of it would upgrade to a nonsensical 405 ilevel (472 PvP). I purchased a new rare, 366 ilevel version (408 PvP) for 500 Bloody Tokens and upgraded it to 385 ilevel (421 PvP), but was not charged the 10 Trophies of Strife that I was supposed to be charged.

Yes, the Drakebreaker’s Epaulets that I upgraded I did acquire way back in November, but I did not acquire it at 385 ilevel (421 PvP) – I obtained it at 366 ilevel (408 PvP).

(Yes, I reopened the ticket and put this information in.)

Unless I am missing something, you’re just saying they “didn’t charge you,” right? Then my suggestion is to go about things the same way you would in real life if you weren’t charged for an item at a retail store.

Like, if McDonalds didn’t charge me for a Big Mac, then sure, I’d walk back up to the counter - or even park my car and go inside if I was in the drive-thru - and let the cashier know they didn’t charge me.

But I’d try only as far as was appropriate for the transaction. Tell one employee, tell two. After a couple minutes if no one is interested in taking my five bucks… I’m out. It’s a Big Mac, not the keys to the franchise location, and they can take the hit, especially after I stood there and explained their mistake.

You’ve done your due diligence and told them you weren’t charged. I mean, I’d never, ever, ever suggest someone game the system or try to make off with something without paying… but there’s only so much you can do if you were “undercharged” or not charged at all despite attempting to pay.

I guess in McDonalds you could leave the fiver on the counter and walk out; no such option here. But there’s now documentation in the form of a ticket that they know you weren’t charged - and clearly they don’t have any intention of moving forward on this, especially since their data doesn’t match what you’re describing.

At the very, very most, I’d re-open the ticket and just make sure that they understand you have this gear, and you weren’t charged properly for it. Which I already believe that they understand.

And if there’s no further response, or if they come back again with “we don’t see that in our data,” then the highest moral option you could take… would be to delete the gear? I guess? Leave it in your bank, maybe, and don’t wear it?

You have multiple pieces of proof now (the original ticket, the response, this thread) that you tried to “pay.” No need to worry about someone coming out of the woodwork now and trying to kick up a fuss because you “didn’t pay.” But if you are indeed worried about that - or are just trying to make the deal square, for fairness - then delete or bank the gear as I suggested.

I dunno what else to say. You’re trying to pay, and you cannot pay, and you’ve told the “cashier” you haven’t been charged, and the cashier has said, “you didn’t even buy a Big Mac from us,” despite you clearly having one in your hand.

/shrug

You could wait for the possibility (no guarantee) than a Support Forum Agent chimes in on this, but you’ve done what you can, IMVHO. Good luck!

2 Likes

Got another response…

I am sorry to hear about the problem you had with an item that you recently upgraded.

Please know that after further investigation we have found that the item level that was displayed was incorrect. However, the actual item level of the item after the upgrade was correct given the cost of trophies.

/facedesk

If this next response doesn’t yield results, I guess I’ll just keep the stuff? Probably destroy the 17 Trophies of Strife that I should’ve spent once I complete next week’s Sparks of Life quest?

Are you still experiencing the same issue, Etamalgren? As far as I am aware a hotfix was pushed out that should have addressed that.

2 Likes

Just to be certain: You want me to attempt to upgrade a piece of gear and see if I’m properly charged Trophies of Strife now?

…I do still have that 376 Drakebreaker’s vest that says it’ll upgrade to 405 ilevel [473 in PvP]… :thinking: Part of me wants to see what happens… for science! (…and if it -does- upgrade to 405 ilevel, I’ll just destroy it, cause that’s not supposed to happen.)

If you wish. I just tested it myself and it seems to consume the Trophies.

2 Likes

I attempted to upgrade the 376 ilevel Drakebreaker’s Vest I had in my bags – the item preview still said that it would upgrade into a 405 ilevel version (473 in PvP), though it upgraded to 385 ilevel, as I expected it would.

That effectively destroyed 10 trophies of strife (since I already had a 385 Drakebreaker’s Vest from earlier), but I’m still 7 trophies in debt, since I also upgraded my Drakebreaker’s Epaulets for free, too.

…should I cancel my ticket and just wait until next week, then destroy 7 trophies of strife out of the 8 I get from the weekly sparks of life quest?

1 Like

I don’t know if it is necessary to destroy anything. If there is an issue with extra Trophy’s, it is likely that our Devs would remove them as part of a clean up process.

4 Likes

Just to outline what happened here:
I started this week with 2 trophies of strife.
I completed the weekly for an additional 8 trophies of strife, for a total of 10.
Upgraded Drakebreaker’s Vest for 10 trophies of strife, wasn’t charged. [10 trophies on hand, should have had 0.]
Upgraded Drakebreaker’s Epaulets for 7 trophies of strife, wasn’t charged. [10 trophies on hand, should have -7 trophies]

It’s not that I have ‘extra’ trophies – it’s that I effectively spent trophies that I shouldn’t have had, hence why I was suggesting destroying 7 trophies once next week rolls around and I complete the Sparks of Life quest to get another 8 trophies.

Don’t worry about it. Don’t worry about being ‘in debt’ to someone.

If you want to destroy some trophies to make the deal square, do so.

I am not sure what you’re looking for here, to be honest. You seem very worried that you were incorrectly charged. Despite two tickets and an SFA response telling you things are OK at this point, you continue to worry about not being charged those trophies.

Just enjoy the gear. Or don’t (as I said, bank it, destroy it, whatever you feel is warranted), but in any case, you have the right to move on already.

I feel everything I typed out in my previous post was ignored, despite being sound advice. You’ve done your due diligence to make sure you “paid” correctly, and those that would have received the “payment” just don’t seem to need to go down that route right now.

If you want to destroy trophies, destroy trophies. That’s up to you. No one’s going to tell you to do that, but if it helps you feel that the deal is made fair by doing that, have at it.

Is there something else you’re worried about, like some account action or “black mark” or something because you didn’t “pay” correctly?

Honestly, you don’t need to put more thought into this. Just play and have fun! You did everything you could do, no staff member has requested the gear be returned, no one has requested the extra currency be paid… no one’s that concerned about it except yourself. The proof of that is in the ticket and SFA responses.

The only thing I haven’t seen mentioned is that you should drop this info in a post in the Bug Report forums. Then you will have reported it via ticket, CS forums, and put in a bug report. You will have then literally gone above and far beyond what most folks do when a vendor in-game doesn’t charge them properly.

Thanks for bringing attention to the matter, but you’re good to go!

2 Likes