Noob demonology question

You have a 10% chance to acquire demonic core when your imp uses all it’s energy. Is that 10% per imp? Is it 10% for group of imps summoned together? By this I mean if I have have 3 imps out and the legendary “forces of the horned nightmare” kicks in and gives me 6 imps, does that improve my chance to get demonic core to 60%? Or does it treat each group of 3 imps as 10% so my total would be 20% chance to get the demonic core?

Yes, I’m confused and a noob. My lock is only level 34

each imp has a 10% chance to proc a core. so if you have 1 imp out it’s 10% or 6imps and 10% rolled 6 times. the % never chances. every imp has a 10% chance to do it. you’re just rolling that dice a lot

So have you tried any imp builds to see if you get a lot of demonic cores? I was in an instance with my druid the other day and a warlock had what looked like an army of imps out there. At the time I didn’t think to ask him anything. But it got me thinking about playing my defunct lock again and trying a mostly insta cast build for pvp.

Imp build? So, demo right now has 2 builds: ST tyrant and dogs.

For single target you run horned nightmare or Wilfred’s, and all the extra demon summons and demonic consumption. The point is to summon all the demons + 3-6 imps and empower your tyrant while extending thier duration.

Dog build is for m+ ( but St build does about the same and is better non fortified weeks). Same legendaries, but taking talents that buff dreadstalkers + carnivorous stalkers conduit. It’s ok atm and will be better as the expansion progresses.

For both you still summon imps, (you implode 3+ targets with 8-9 imps non tyrant, just before they despawn) and cast tyrant. Not unusual to have 20+ imps after 15 secs of casting tyrant and implode just before they fade for aoe.

Imps also last longer out of combat. You can have an unusual large grp of imps by using killing stuff fast.

1 Like

I use the talent for the extra imp. Also the Covenant thing that gives increased chances for a proc. I seem to always have 2 to 4 available. Use them a lot when I have to move.

I have to disagree. Norgannon’s Sagacity has trumped every legendary because it allows casts to get off while moving. Missing casts because of movement is a DPS killer, no Legendary can make up for that.

All SIMS give you numbers as if you get every cast off and are standing still (turret).

Thumbs up. yep. Key to high AOE numbers. Unfortunately I’m kind of lazy with it.

That is maybe OK for the more movement intensive mythic fights in nathria. But it’s a dead Lego for m+ or heroic raid where movement is easily managed. I would never recommend it to some new to demo. Might aswell switch to aff for mythic and run a dmg Lego.

I would say to give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised how much better your casting quality of life is. You don’t have to plan your moves around your cast. You can just cast. It more than makes up for the damage aspect of other Lego’s

I very much doubt it would do anything for me on content below mythic raids. Problem there isn’t movement, just raw dmg is lacking. For mythic raids I’ll just go aff.

You have got that right!!