Nokhud Still Not Nerfed

The fact that the 3rd boss in Nokhud hits so much harder than any other boss is insane to me. How do you get the balancing so far off? If I went to any higher of a key I simply wouldn’t survive the winds. I play a hunter and for mechanics that hurt really bad I typically have 3 defensives, Bear, Survival, and Turtle, but Turtle does nothing. I don’t know if that a bug or what but that boss is true the ‘problem boss’. I think most people go into a Nokhud expecting it to go fine but then they get to the 3rd boss and they wipe and wipe. The boss should truly be removed and make it a 35 min dungeon but that’s not gonna happen. So realistically ‘Gale Winds’ just needs a big nerf.

I ummm… hope this is an early April 1st joke? Teera/Maruuk are easier than Tempest and Balakar by a large margin.

5 Likes

you literally just stack to mitigate gale winds. if your not doing that then guess what you are failing the mechanic

nahh

fun story but watched people do tyran NO 28 and they got through pre nerf tempest just fine, but gale arrow hit for an entire hp bar and if people didnt have double defensives for every single one they just died

That doesn’t affect the damage. This ability comes every 57 seconds and reaches personal or die levels in high keys making it awkard for many classes to deal with it, not being able to alternate 2 minutes or consistently receive a sac from a paladin or TD from an evoker.

I can absolutely understand it being a complaint, though I’m personally not against the damage or the style of ability, just the fact the cd lines up just poorly enough that you can’t reliably use 1 minute externals / def cds.

There are other abilities that don’t quite line up with def cds in M+ and it’s a practice I generally just find very irritating.

5 Likes

idk its literally hasnt been an issue for me not when you compare the other bosses to that one. its basically free.

On what key level?

18-20s mostly

Yeah I was talking much higher. Gale arrow is one of the abilities that reaches “personal or die even with correct play” levels of damage the quickest across all dungeons. And when abilities are “personal or die” it’s really kinda tilting when their cd is also just slightly shorter than your personal.

Other ones I can think of are

Balakar Spear: (Though it’s been changed to prefer targets it hasn’t picked before so it doesn’t just hammer the same person over and over)

Leymore Stomp: Even with 0 trees

I don’t think it’s necessarily a case of “These things need to be hard nerfed” because clearly it’s all doable at roughly the same key level and this is at a level the vast vast majority of players aren’t doing. It’s just something I think blizzard should be more aware of in encounter design moving forward.

4 Likes

thats fair but to be honest considering this person is more being plagued by the hunter syndrome of squishy fall flat. which is unfortunate for that class.

2 Likes

I think it’s just a handcuff of infinite scaling. It makes it so you can’t have any really intense unavoidable damage to heal through or survive at lower keys because it doesn’t take long to then reach 1 shots.

By definition of infinite scaling though it has to happen eventually. It’s kind of impressive how good coordination allows teams to push so far beyond where the rewards stop as it is.

1 Like

I have nothing against abilities that scale into one shots, that’s clearly as you said a product of infinite scaling and always going to happen at some point. There may be some discussion to be had about what key level that should start happening and if it should be consistent across the board.

I just find it irksome that abilities like these also often have 50-55 second cooldowns, meaning players can’t rotate two 2 minute defensives, or receive a 1 minute cd external, to consistently survive them.

2 Likes

true
at just 22 tyran (iirc) it chunked people for like 80% or more of their hp (depending on class and defensives used ofc)
dont remember the exact number but that boss’s scaling is gnarly
tempest is very easy after the nerfs but rdruids deals with aoe rot damage well

even scaling on 1st boss is a bit scary

1 Like

27 Tyr is the point that Granyth 1 shots people, maybe 26 if you’re lacking a paladin and priest.

Gale arrow without those things is probably nearer 25, but the fight also has far more damage across the board.

2 Likes

yeah im watching a group run 27 NO right now
I watched roiben’s group do 28 tyran (grievous?) 3rd boss just to see if it was possible and the arrows were one shotting her through bear form if she didnt have an external or barkskin

they got through prenerf tempest fine which says a lot about that fight

Out of every boss and dungeon this is the least of an issue. I’ve done nok up to 25 on two characters while 3rd boss is the second hardest there it’s very telegraphed and easy to counter.

1 Like

3rd boss is difficult to survive the gale wing on high Tyrannical key as Rogue because Feint doesn’t work on it. There’s a few counterplays for Sub is switch to Elusiveness talent and Vanish shield talent, you need to ask for externals and that’s it. The another counterplay is switch to Outlaw spec, it’s more tankier than Sub Rogue and can survive Gale Wing easily due to higher leech, higher vers and higher HP than Sub Rogue. Especially, Outlaw Rogue can be healed after Vanish / Shadow Dance to help the healer out.

1 Like

3rd boss of NO punishes certain classes more so than others, but the wind mechanic itself is at least static and can be planned around.

currently NO is still the 3rd or the 4th eaisest key to time in general.

i’d say the last boss of RLP has more ridiculous incoming dmg。

This is something I think should be addressed. I don’t think every class needs to survive everything, but I’m down for 1m intervals on heavy single points of damage to catch most people’s defensives.

1 Like

depends what key levels you are doing