Nobody wants spell batching

“anything below 200ms is barely noticeable unless you’re specifically trying to notice it”

this is straight up not true, and you are getting mad that i corrected it. just say ok its wrong and move on like an adult

/thread

2 Likes

^^^now see what this guy wrote^^^

Ballemngard and I can have an educated and informed discussion between the two of us and try to find a solution that could work for everyone

instead of writing an uninformed qq thread with a title like “Nobody wants spell batching” and thinking that I am a retail player lol

TLDR - even I agree the spell batch window is too long - especially when I play my Warrior and get clunky batch windows for either Sweeping Strikes or Execute.

But to say that Spell Batching shouldn’t be in the game period is an intellectually dishonest statement given the #NoChanges and #WartsAndAll overall design that the Classic devs are trying to recreate here.

2 Likes

I think the general consensus is people would like spell batching but not in it’s current state. I’m of the opinion it would be better to just get rid of it if this is as good as it gets but I’m hoping a solution will be found.

This is 2019 playing a game from 2004 and everyone is complaining it feels ‘laggy’. I’ve spoken with addon devs and they can’t get timers for a lot of things synced up because this ‘lag’ is regularly throwing them off.

How many spells need to really be batched at once any ways? I would think only a small amount would be needed. I played in vanilla and I’ve played on a private server, so I’ve seen the simultaneous polymorphs and charges etc, they do happen but they aren’t as common as you’d think.

The ‘lag’ as it’s described is causing a huge list of problems, myself am a pvp oriented player and I like to be able to time abilities and rotations very tightly. On my shaman for example you drop a grounding totem last second (before spell is finished cast, not yet travelling) and it fails to eat the spell, that’s going to kill it for me once phase 2 hits with pvp.

Something needs to be done or I believe it’s going to hurt the longevity of the game’s player base. Players need their faith restored from Blizz that this will be resolved and the game will actually play mostly like vanilla did.

2 Likes

It’s cute that you still think Blizzard actually intends that to happen. If you take a look around, there are TBC “fixes” on a ton of mechanics/spells that aren’t even being acknowledged, let alone addressed.

3 Likes

Wow. Just wow…what a failure spell batching was. I am fighting a rogue on rogue fight and the enemy rogue saps me. I am disorientated. He resealths. I anticipate his cheap shot opener, so, while I am disorientated, I am spamming my target ability and blind. And it worked. Before his CHEAP SHOT stun took effect, I was able to blind him, so as I was stunned, he was blinded. This should be impossible - I was disoriented and he opened with a stun. I should have had no window to do anything, but I did. Ridiculously broken.

should try to avoid getting goaded by trolls man :confused:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a weakness of mine :worried:

I generally try to take people seriously f me right?

you can see he’s all about some reckoning crap and sit crits that were removed patches later all the while trying to inflate some non existent rep/notoriety.

Here we’re talking about how entire classes are pretty much BROKEN because of batching and he’s going on off about some joke class that’s nothing more than a buff machine.

Just ignore and it’ll eventually go away.

1 Like

Want a perfect example of spell batching and how down right GARBAGE it is?

Go to a vendor and multi click buy alot of something off a vendor and they try shifting into animal form or mounting…

2 Likes

Thank you mods for removing the spam <3

this is Spell Batching + Reckoning from VANILLA in 2006:

this is Spell Batching + Reckoning from CLASSIC in 2019:

unlike the guy Ravid who should be suspended for repeatedly insulting and swearing at me in this thread - these videos are quite literally ON TOPIC

1 Like

Man I actually want to call someone to help this guy

Mods remove his spam and he just reposts it

it’s on topic friendo - because it shows spell batching (aka server lag) and how it interacted with reckoning in 2006 back on vanilla and how it functions now in 2019 on classic

you are simply unwilling or incapable of accepting the fact that the mechanic existed back in the day and is being recreated here and now

You seem to be completely arguing something no one else is even talking about.

You do understand we’re talking about abilities/effects happening in the wrong order because of the batching. Fixing this has nothing to do with your annoying crusade.

1 Like

Ravid has stated multiple times that spell batching was never in Vanilla - he is under the false impression that this is a somehow new mechanic that was invented for 1.13

Mobs couldn’t attack and interrupt you while they were stunned in classic bud sorry

Spell Batching did exist. But not in this form. You’re confusing spell batching with artificial lag

They tried to recreate the feeling and failed, and ended up breaking half of the game mechanics with it

Oh sure batching existed just not like this.

I know that it’s really hard to grasp that vanilla spell batching and classic spell batching can be two separate things with the same name but all we can do is explain it 10 more times to you and hopefully it sinks in eventually otherwise you’re just a lost soul

For such a godlike famous paladin this simple concept is disturbingly difficult for you to grasp

3 Likes

once more for the “special snowflakes”

if blizz decides to remove spell batching that’s fine with me - but they would simply need to allow these on receiving a critical hit talents to function with a /sit macro

that way everyone can have their cake and eat it too

see this is where I actually agreed with you when I posted my original response in this thread so long ago

if they simply remove spell batching without any adjustments in the process, then that goes against their stated goal of #NoChanges

Special snowflake lmfao the irony

The literal next paragraph is you explaining how that’s fine if the game gets fixed as long as you can keep your special snowflake mechanic

I seriously can’t breathe right now :laughing::joy::sob:

The mods responded? Does this show someone may be listening?

you say you played a Paladin on Lightshope, yet had no idea what Seal Twisting was…

that right there was worthy of quite a /guffaw on its own right

but I digress, every single dual wield Fury Warrior would love this for permanent Enrage/Blood Craze as much as I would so do you wanna tell them or shall I?

as a reminder:

Enrage Rank 5
Gives you a 25% melee damage bonus for 12 sec up to a maximum of 12 swings after being the victim of a critical strike.
https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=13048/enrage

Blood Craze Rank 3
Regenerates 3% of your total Health over 6 sec after being the victim of a critical strike.
https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=16492/blood-craze